Travelling and hotels in Eindhoven

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

Train connection from Amsterdam airport to Eindhoven
In the main building of the Amsterdam airport (Schiphol) you will find the entrance of the railway station and ticket offices. The big yellow NS (NS is the Dutch abbreviation for Dutch railways) signs indicate platform number and time tables. The Dutch railways have an on-line time table in English (enter "Schiphol" for Amsterdam airport) which also indicates platform numbers and final destinations of trains.
From Schiphol you can
1. take the train to Amsterdam Central Station. This train runs four times per hour. At Amsterdam Central Station you head for Spoor 2b (platform 2b). From this platform trains leave for Maastricht and Heerlen via Eindhoven twice an hour.
2. take the train from Amsterdam/Schiphol to Eindhoven (main direction Utrecht/ Eindhoven / sometimes also Maastricht) via "Duivendrecht" (main direction Amersfoort, Enschede, Groningen or Lelystad). Note that Duivendrecht is a small railway station consisting of two floors. In Duivendrecht there is a direct train to Eindhoven (main direction Utrecht/ Eindhoven / sometimes also Maastricht) if you go one floor up to platform 8; you only have a few minutes to change trains. If you miss this connection, you will have to wait for the next opportunity, in about 20 minutes. (Note: take care of your luggage because there are a lot of pick pockets.)
It takes slightly more than one and a half hour to go to Eindhoven. A single ticket Schiphol-Eindhoven costs € 15,60

It is possible to buy a cheap taxi ticket together with your train ticket (€ 3,50 if bought at the NS counter, otherwise € 4,50). This taxi ticket is only valid for special taxis called Treintaxi (train taxi) and not in all cities. In order to keep costs low, train taxi drivers are instructed to give priority to (groups of) passengers with similar travel directions; this may sometimes lead to some waiting time.
24db

Post by 24db »

http://www.ns.nl/servlet/Satellite?cid= ... =en&c=Page

Type Schiphol and Eindhoven into this route planner and you should get the best route 'if' you're going by train

It's in English BTW
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

Right then! Hotel booked, I'm in the Queen Hotel Café Restaurant Saturday and Sunday nights.
24db

Post by 24db »

I'll see everyone in Eindhoven :)
timer

Post by timer »

So will I - look forward to it ! 8)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hopefully i will to :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:Hopefully i will to :wink:

MAte if Ive got to get the lads at works to make us a suitable trolley to ferry you about in - it will be done ! 8)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Hopefully i will to :wink:

MAte if Ive got to get the lads at works to make us a suitable trolley to ferry you about in - it will be done ! 8)
:shock: :arrow: :mrgreen: :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.