paris 1973

la sagesse du destin
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

paris 1973

Post by la sagesse du destin »

It's possible to see TD (ten minutes) and kraftwerk and K.S in pop 2 (french emission from 03.73).It was the show of "theatre de l'ouest" i think.The pictures are very good .
Charles
http://www.ina.fr/archivespourtous/inde ... ft&x=2&y=5
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr
24db

Re: paris 1973

Post by 24db »

la sagesse du destin wrote:It's possible to see TD (ten minutes) and kraftwerk and K.S in pop 2 (french emission from 03.73).It was the show of "theatre de l'ouest" i think.The pictures are very good .
Charles
http://www.ina.fr/archivespourtous/inde ... ft&x=2&y=5
Yeah it's a good concert (there's a Spanish broadcast of this...even shorter though on youtube...see below):

ImageImageImage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0mgcTdridQ
la sagesse du destin

Post by la sagesse du destin »

thanks for the magazine, Andy with a good interview with Chris.
it will be now a dream to have TD,K.S and kraftwerk in the same show.

Charles
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr
24db

Post by 24db »

la sagesse du destin wrote:thanks for the magazine, Andy with a good interview with Chris.

Charles
No problem at all. France seemd to have some good festivals in the 70's, like Orange (I saw that TD were a reserve group for 1976, but I guess nobody cancelled, so Klaus Schulze played instead)

A translation for the non French speaking fans...like me

http://the-archive-plus.blogspot.com/20 ... iewed.html
24db

Post by 24db »

An English translation (of the earlier 1973 Maxipop article) thanks to Stephen for translating it for me

http://the-archive-plus.blogspot.com/20 ... rench.html
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Very good reading.................keep em coming :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:Very good reading.................keep em coming :wink:
Rubycon review now added to my blog
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

24db wrote:An English translation (of the earlier 1973 Maxipop article) thanks to Stephen for translating it for me

Interesting interview. Thanks. But what is it with interviewers who must constantly try to extract a DEFINITION of someone's music? That type of thing irks me.
"C.S.: Do you believe that what you play can still be described as pop music?"
"C.S.: In your opinion, can one say that you play electronic rhythm music?"
"C.S.: Do you think that you create a synthesis between mainstream rock / pop and electronic or experimental music or, in your opinion, do you lean more to one direction than the other?"

Why is it so difficult for them to ask more specific, inquisitive questions that get at the heart of the music instead of trying to coerce the musician to agree to some pre-conceived definition? The most interesting thing about TD at that time was that they were so unusual and different and yet journalists continued to (as journalists will do) try to pigeonhole them to make it easier to talk about them, instead of actually trying to learn something or offer their readers some new insight.
"C.S.: Are you not tired of always being interviewed by different people who always ask the same questions?" :roll:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Sfearical Sequence wrote:
24db wrote:An English translation (of the earlier 1973 Maxipop article) thanks to Stephen for translating it for me

Interesting interview. Thanks. But what is it with interviewers who must constantly try to extract a DEFINITION of someone's music? That type of thing irks me.
"C.S.: Do you think that you create a synthesis between mainstream rock / pop and electronic or experimental music or, in your opinion, do you lean more to one direction than the other?"

Why is it so difficult for them to ask more specific, inquisitive questions that get at the heart of the music instead of trying to coerce the musician to agree to some pre-conceived definition? The most interesting thing about TD at that time was that they were so unusual and different and yet journalists continued to (as journalists will do) try to pigeonhole them to make it easier to talk about them, instead of actually trying to learn something or offer their readers some new insight.
"C.S.: Are you not tired of always being interviewed by different people who always ask the same questions?" :roll:
Couldn't agree more. We constantly strive to assert our individuality, yet we aren't comfortable unless we can place others within pre-defined limits.
We even join groups or clubs to enforce our uniqueness. I've never understood this contradiction and it's something music journalists are particularly guilty of.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
Sfearical Sequence wrote:

Couldn't agree more. We constantly strive to assert our individuality, yet we aren't comfortable unless we can place others within pre-defined limits.
We even join groups or clubs to enforce our uniqueness. I've never understood this contradiction and it's something music journalists are particularly guilty of.

'We even join groups or clubs to enforce our uniqueness'...oh the irony ;)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Sfearical Sequence wrote: Interesting interview. Thanks. But what is it with interviewers who must constantly try to extract a DEFINITION of someone's music? That type of thing irks me.

'We even join groups or clubs to enforce our uniqueness'...oh the irony ;)
Exactly my point!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

la sagesse du destin wrote:thanks for the magazine, Andy with a good interview with Chris.

Charles
More French articles coming up Charles
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:

Charles

Be sure to get them translated AK :shock: :shock: :wink: :lol:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:

Charles

I'll try, but I can't ask Stephen to do anymore than he already has. Without him, it would just be me with babelfish and believe me you don't want that 8) . I'd guess there are 5 or 6 major French articles that need to be done (each anything up to 8 pages long). It's a shame that I can't get the German ones done, as they pre-date the UK press articles by several years and cover TD's OHR label years.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote: More French articles coming up Charles

I'll try, but I can't ask Stephen to do anymore than he already has. Without him, it would just be me with babelfish and believe me you don't want that 8) . I'd guess there are 5 or 6 major French articles that need to be done (each anything up to 8 pages long). It's a shame that I can't get the German ones done, as they pre-date the UK press articles by several years and cover TD's OHR label years.

Would love to read those German ones AK................i bet they are very interesting and historical TD articles 8)