Tangerine Dream - Live In America 1992

cantosis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Tangerine Dream - Live In America 1992

Post by cantosis »

Just wondering if anyone knows why this concert was never available in its full peformance on dvd/video?. I was watching the DVD again this morning and I think it would be a great concert to see in full, The whole concert must have been recorded as I cant imagine just a few songs were filmed for this DVD?

I actually think this could be an awesome full performance as it has Edgar performing Hamlet and an superb Backstreet Hero with Jerome doing a fantastic guitar solo, And Zlatko Perica looking like a completely different person :shock:

I would really love to get the chance to see a full concert recording from this early 90s period, not sure if it will be possible in the future one thing is for sure and that is we can`t blame Chris Franke for this one :shock:
timer

Post by timer »

Think you may find a bootleg performance as part of the Digital Dream dVD series, but no official full length.
Chris Monk

Re: Tangerine Dream - Live In America 1992

Post by Chris Monk »

cantosis wrote:Just wondering if anyone knows why this concert was never available in its full peformance on dvd/video?. I was watching the DVD again this morning and I think it would be a great concert to see in full, The whole concert must have been recorded as I cant imagine just a few songs were filmed for this DVD?
I've often wondered that myself. I'd love to see the full show, the DVD is just a taster really.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

There is another show available from the 1992 tour which is not of the greatest quality,i would have very much liked to see the whole show released as the snippets on the LIA are very good IMHO 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

just received this DVD+CD from ebay; I was somewhat hesitant to buy it since reviews were not all that great. But now I'm quite pleasantly surprised - the video quality is far away from being HD but OK; and the DD 5.1. sound is quite nice.
So if you can get it at a decent price, well worth considering (i payed around 10 euro including postage)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

multivit72 wrote:just received this DVD+CD from ebay; I was somewhat hesitant to buy it since reviews were not all that great. But now I'm quite pleasantly surprised - the video quality is far away from being HD but OK; and the DD 5.1. sound is quite nice.
So if you can get it at a decent price, well worth considering (i payed around 10 euro including postage)
I like the DVD. A lot of fans did complain about the quality of the digital transfer from VHS but it was fine as far as I was concerned.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Chris Monk wrote:
multivit72 wrote:just received this DVD+CD from ebay; I was somewhat hesitant to buy it since reviews were not all that great. But now I'm quite pleasantly surprised - the video quality is far away from being HD but OK; and the DD 5.1. sound is quite nice.
I like the DVD. A lot of fans did complain about the quality of the digital transfer from VHS but it was fine as far as I was concerned.
Same here, I probably play this more than some of the recent DVDs to be honest, I like mix of live footage,personal footage and graphics.

Would still love to see the whole concert though.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

cantosis wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Same here, I probably play this more than some of the recent DVDs to be honest, I like mix of live footage,personal footage and graphics.

The personal footage is surprisingly moving. I'd love to see more.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Chris Monk wrote:
cantosis wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: I like the DVD. A lot of fans did complain about the quality of the digital transfer from VHS but it was fine as far as I was concerned.

The personal footage is surprisingly moving. I'd love to see more.
I wouldn't mind another DVD like this
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache