Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:58 pm
Posts: 541
Location: under the bed.
but now the responses that say TD arent M'ing will say they arent playing ... :) Why do TD open themselves for such ridicule now and again ?

_________________
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
JD wrote:
but now the responses that say TD arent M'ing will say they arent playing ... :) Why do TD open themselves for such ridicule now and again ?


show me a band that love being called liars on their brand new website ;)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:57 pm 
JD wrote:
but now the responses that say TD arent M'ing will say they arent playing ... :) Why do TD open themselves for such ridicule now and again ?

There's a slight of thruth in that, but don't mistake TD with the moderator . I guess the censorship thing was kind of made in desperation, to stop this discussion, and that's his/hers decision.


Last edited by Pertou on Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:01 pm 
24db wrote:
JD wrote:
but now the responses that say TD arent M'ing will say they arent playing ... :) Why do TD open themselves for such ridicule now and again ?


show me a band that love being called liars on their brand new website ;)

Type O Negative?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
JD wrote:
but now the responses that say TD arent M'ing will say they arent playing ... :) Why do TD open themselves for such ridicule now and again ?


show me a band that love being called liars on their brand new website ;)

Type O Negative?


Never heard of them ;)

Btw 'no' forums are without problems from time to time, as you know only too well mate

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
help the BM out......

this thread has kicked in a memory


a memory of an interview J M Jarre gave in either sounds, MM or NME...cant remember...but at the time around 77/78 o r mebbe 79 and it wound me up intensely (even then TD were kicked for all sorts of stoopid reasons)


in it JMJ stated that he was no fan of TD because (I paraphrase from memory) they set the sequencers running and then left the stage*......etc


any one got a scan so I can confirm with myself?


*imagine if this happened today :arrow:


big-I listen to music-moog

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
bigmoog wrote:
help the BM out......

this thread has kicked in a memory


a memory of an interview J M Jarre gave in either sounds, MM or NME...cant remember...but at the time around 77/78 o r mebbe 79 and it wound me up intensely (even then TD were kicked for all sorts of stoopid reasons)


in it JMJ stated that he was no fan of TD because (I paraphrase from memory) they set the sequencers running and then left the stage*......etc


any one got a scan so I can confirm with myself?


*imagine if this happened today :arrow:


big-I listen to music-moog


er something like that, I couldn't say if it was word for word as I don't collect press cuttings about him (there's only so many photos of him looking like a synth pretty boy that I can take...just kidding lads ;)) and to be honest I'm not that interested either. However he did say in some glossy Biography I have about him, that TD et al were ok,but, you basically knew what was going to happen within a few minutes of one of their tracks starting, it just went on and on with little change..

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
help the BM out......

this thread has kicked in a memory


a memory of an interview J M Jarre gave in either sounds, MM or NME...cant remember...but at the time around 77/78 o r mebbe 79 and it wound me up intensely (even then TD were kicked for all sorts of stoopid reasons)


in it JMJ stated that he was no fan of TD because (I paraphrase from memory) they set the sequencers running and then left the stage*......etc


any one got a scan so I can confirm with myself?


*imagine if this happened today :arrow:


big-I listen to music-moog


er something like that, I couldn't say if it was word for word as I don't collect press cuttings about him (there's only so many photos of him looking like a synth pretty boy that I can take...just kidding lads ;)) and to be honest I'm not that interested either. However he did say in some glossy Biography I have about him, that TD et al were ok,but, you basically knew what was going to happen within a few minutes of one of their tracks starting, it just went on and on with little change..




cheers andy


doesnt professional jealousy get you down :arrow:

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
bigmoog wrote:
24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
help the BM out......

this thread has kicked in a memory


a memory of an interview J M Jarre gave in either sounds, MM or NME...cant remember...but at the time around 77/78 o r mebbe 79 and it wound me up intensely (even then TD were kicked for all sorts of stoopid reasons)


in it JMJ stated that he was no fan of TD because (I paraphrase from memory) they set the sequencers running and then left the stage*......etc


any one got a scan so I can confirm with myself?


*imagine if this happened today :arrow:


big-I listen to music-moog


er something like that, I couldn't say if it was word for word as I don't collect press cuttings about him (there's only so many photos of him looking like a synth pretty boy that I can take...just kidding lads ;)) and to be honest I'm not that interested either. However he did say in some glossy Biography I have about him, that TD et al were ok,but, you basically knew what was going to happen within a few minutes of one of their tracks starting, it just went on and on with little change..




cheers andy


doesnt professional jealousy get you down :arrow:


well if you 'just' compared record sales, then I doubt whether JMJ has much to be jealous about, professional or otherwise. However I know which one I like more...kraftwerk!....just kidding ;)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
:D


ahem....any way when I attend (ed) TD gigs the only thing I got was (is) stunning music played by musicians not whiny pompous pampered poseurs...

BM leaves mayfair to view the mudslingers flaming wreckage on them other forums......

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:57 pm
Posts: 1419
Location: London, England
:? Hasn't this thread wandered somewhat from the original topic???

_________________
Biggus Dickus


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:17 am
Posts: 1638
Location: Somerset
bigmoog wrote:
:D


ahem....any way when I attend (ed) TD gigs the only thing I got was (is) stunning music played by musicians not whiny pompous pampered poseurs...

BM leaves mayfair to view the mudslingers flaming wreckage on them other forums......

Actually, posing musicians and stunning music are not mutually exclusive....


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Desert_Voyager wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
:D


ahem....any way when I attend (ed) TD gigs the only thing I got was (is) stunning music played by musicians not whiny pompous pampered poseurs...

BM leaves mayfair to view the mudslingers flaming wreckage on them other forums......

Actually, posing musicians and stunning music are not mutually exclusive....


Image




Edgar seems to be saying................."Who's Farted" and Peter replies "Its not me Edgar" :shock: :oops: :wink:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage