TD on Headphones or Speakers?

razor
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

TD on Headphones or Speakers?

Post by razor »

Well, what gives you the best experience when listening to TD. Is it through quality Headphones or do you prefer listening via speakers?

I do prefer listening to TD with my headphones on as this really makes me more focused on the music, AND it sounds alot better too!! :)
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

I always listen to Side 2 of Edgar Froese's Aqua on headphones to fully experience the revolutionary artificial head system developed by Gunther Bruschen. :P
Beaubourg

Re: TD on Headphones or Speakers?

Post by Beaubourg »

razor wrote:Well, what gives you the best experience when listening to TD. Is it through quality Headphones or do you prefer listening via speakers?

I do prefer listening to TD with my headphones on as this really makes me more focused on the music, AND it sounds alot better too!! :)
Headphones (earbuds) - always.

Just yesterday, I heard something in the background of the first few moments (about 23/24 seconds in) of "Hyde Park" (and I've listened to that track about a billion times, considering it's my favorite from the album.)

Always something new with the speakers so close to my brain. :-)
24db

Post by 24db »

you should read Edgar's comments on speakers and headphones
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Any good listening of TD music can be a wonderful experience,but IMHO its far more intimate with the earphones 8)
Last edited by epsilon75 on Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

for general, audiophile listening...its speakers

but to enjoy the infinite depth of tangmusic i listen on headphones*

*stax omegas :P
...The wise.....are silent.....
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

I like to listen through speakers to get a greater sense of space and bass extension. I love feeling bass in my body's organs!

I don't hear a great deal more detail on headphones, but I do generally get better stereo field, as my speaker listening rooms are far from ideal.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
timer

Post by timer »

billythefish wrote:I like to listen through speakers to get a greater sense of space and bass extension. I love feeling bass in my body's organs!

I don't hear a great deal more detail on headphones, but I do generally get better stereo field, as my speaker listening rooms are far from ideal.
Speaker listening rooms !?! Stephen do you live in a mansion ? :shock:
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

I like my TD served fairly loud over my floorstanding speakers for a more spacious and dynamic sound. When I listen on headphones, although there is alittle more detail, my ears soon get badly affected by even moderate sound levels, and headphones get abit uncomfortable after a while.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

timer wrote:
billythefish wrote:I like to listen through speakers to get a greater sense of space and bass extension. I love feeling bass in my body's organs!

lol! I have two main systems - the one in the bedroom / studio is stereo, and then my living room that has a full blown surround sound system... I'm lucky I have the house to myself during the day, so can really let rip with the volume :D :D
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Janus

Post by Janus »

billythefish wrote:
timer wrote:

lol! I have two main systems - the one in the bedroom / studio is stereo, and then my living room that has a full blown surround sound system... I'm lucky I have the house to myself during the day, so can really let rip with the volume :D :D
I thought I could hear Logo's wafting over to my house earlier Stephen, thats just confirmed it :wink:
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Both, depending on the album and my mood. If pushed, I'd have to say my favourite listening moments are the early hours of morning, through headphones.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
RemoteViewing81

Post by RemoteViewing81 »

Since TD no longer tours the USA, I like to re- create a Live TD show in my living room. :twisted:

Rubycon on the headphones is pretty cool.... 8)
"The aim of the music [of Tangerine Dream] is to paint surreal pictures with musical instruments."

http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/voiceshm.htm
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

RemoteViewing81 wrote:Since TD no longer tours the USA, I like to re- create a Live TD show in my living room. :twisted:

Absolute wonderful sensation 8) especially after a few whiskies :P
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

epsilon75 wrote:
RemoteViewing81 wrote:Since TD no longer tours the USA, I like to re- create a Live TD show in my living room. :twisted:

Absolute wonderful sensation 8) especially after a few whiskies :P
I couldn't agree more! On my own it's headphones, lights down, glass of scotch, and TD playing the likes of Rubycon, Ricochet, Soundmill Navigator, or Stratosfear.
In the company of one of the fair music, it's the speakers, lights down, glass of scotch, and TD playing the likes of Tangram, MFD, Transiberia.

Heaven!