Possibilities of Haslinger/Froese re-releases?

Pertou
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Possibilities of Haslinger/Froese re-releases?

Post by Pertou »

As far as I'm aware, Edgar and Paul are on friendly terms with copyrights, could we someday get released on Eastgate, these soundtracks?
The Man Inside
Miracle Mile
Catch Me If You Can
Dead Solid Perfect
Destination Berlin
24db

Re: Possibilities of Haslinger/Froese re-releases?

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:As far as I'm aware, Edgar and Paul are on friendly terms with copyrights, could we someday get released on Eastgate, these soundtracks?
The Man Inside
Miracle Mile
Catch Me If You Can
Dead Solid Perfect
As far as I know there's no communication between them
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

What a shame.
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:What a shame.
Too true mate, they're both too busy. I'd guess (that's 'guess') that Edgar speaks to Klaus and Johannes every so often and that's about it.

Mind you some of those albums aren't that good bar Miracle Mile and some of the stuff off the Man Inside
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

24db wrote:Mind you some of those albums aren't that good bar Miracle Mile and some of the stuff off the Man Inside
I agree, but some don't!
:)
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:Mind you some of those albums aren't that good bar Miracle Mile and some of the stuff off the Man Inside
I agree, but some don't!
:)
Hey each to their own. In a fairer world it would all be available, then everyone would be able to make their own minds up.

Mind you the main theme from DSP and a couple of tracks of DB are very good IMHO
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Miracle Mile is a fine album IMHO :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

epsilon75 wrote:Miracle Mile is a fine album IMHO :arrow:
I agree, as you can read in my review. In recent time, i've become more of a Melrose fan.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Pertou wrote:
I agree, as you can read in my review. In recent time, i've become more of a Melrose fan.
Melrose is a gem.........one of my most played TD albums 8)
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

epsilon75 wrote:
Pertou wrote:
I remember a couple of weeks ago, I had a friend visiting me. I thought MFD really would be his cuppa, but when I played Art Of Vision, he thought that vocals were totally superfluous in TD!
Our mutual friend, which I introduced has Melrose on cd, really likes the more clinical TD. I have it only on LP, so I tried to convince him to sell it for a crazy expensive price or swap it (for a vinyl of Tubular Bells 2, which he loves), but he refused obstinately!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Pertou wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Pertou wrote: I agree, as you can read in my review. In recent time, i've become more of a Melrose fan.
I remember a couple of weeks ago, I had a friend visiting me. I thought MFD really would be his cuppa, but when I played Art Of Vision, he thought that vocals were totally superfluous in TD!
Our mutual friend, which I introduced has Melrose on cd, really likes the more clinical TD. I have it only on LP, so I tried to convince him to sell it for a crazy expensive price or swap it (for a vinyl of Tubular Bells 2, which he loves), but he refused obstinately!

A wise choice from your friend i think :wink:
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

It is. From bitter experience!

In 2004 I persuaded him to swap "Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe" LP for his Encore 2-LP.

Now we both have left Yes behind us, more or less, I think he regrets very much.

To me, that was fantastic bargain.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

I'm a big fan of this one! :D
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
JD

Post by JD »

Edgar said in an interview that he does keep in touch with Paul, and i think it was Paul who said Edgar always rings him if there has been an earthquake in LA.
But again with these soundtracks, its more to do with getting the rights from the original Publishers that would be the major problem.
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
24db

Post by 24db »

JD wrote:Edgar said in an interview that he does keep in touch with Paul, and i think it was Paul who said Edgar always rings him if there has been an earthquake in LA.
But again with these soundtracks, its more to do with getting the rights from the original Publishers that would be the major problem.
Last time this happened all of Paul's loudspeakers fell over in his studio