The Keep

Beaubourg
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: The Keep TDI 010CD

Post by Beaubourg »

epsilon75 wrote:
Amazing,two of these on ebay in one week :shock: .....
Methinks someone's been reading this thread... :shock:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Beaubourg wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Amazing,two of these on ebay in one week :shock: .....

haha I think your are right. Ok I am a little drunk but even so I am going to lay my cards on the table. I am prepared to pay £100 maybe £125 at a push for the 97 edition......if someone wants to pay £400 or the other prcies good luck....I am stupid but not that stupid :oops:
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
Beaubourg wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: Amazing,two of these on ebay in one week :shock: .....

haha I think your are right. Ok I am a little drunk but even so I am going to lay my cards on the table. I am prepared to pay £100 maybe £125 at a push for the 97 edition......if someone wants to pay £400 or the other prcies good luck....I am stupid but not that stupid :oops:
Well, I hope whoever you're bidding against doesn't read this forum mate
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

cantosis wrote:
Beaubourg wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: Amazing,two of these on ebay in one week :shock: .....

Mmmm...it's good but...! Obviously worth it to you though. Good luck!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

I got to admit I think the Keep movie and soundtrack are overated...just my opinion though
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:I got to admit I think the Keep movie and soundtrack are overated...just my opinion though
Overrated among forum members, or generally? I've recently grown to appreciate the soundtrack as one of TD's finest and I've always considered the film to be underrated. Each to their own eh!
Last edited by Hobo on Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:I got to admit I think the Keep movie and soundtrack are overated...just my opinion though
Overrated among forum members, or generally? I've recently grown to appreciate the soundtrack as one of TD's finest and I've always considered the film to be underrated. IMO, the original movie is overly eulogised. Each to their own eh!
Totally overated, but music wise the TDI version of the soundtrack isn't what was used on the film (as we know). Add to that one of the best bits on the real-soundtrack wasn't even by TD (which isn't a first, have you read many comments on how good Keith Jarratt's music works with Sorcerer?, even though his music is on film almost as much as TD. Some fans don't even realise it's not all TD's work! ;)). Don't get me wrong, it's nice enough and very listenable, but basically it's bits and pieces from other things.

As for the film....hmmm I like it for the first 3 minutes and then it's well (and this is only my opinion) laughable...never show the monster was the old saying...so there goes the suspense Mr Mann. As a huge fan of films I think it was huge waste of talent, time, and film. But, I do respect other opinions...and you just read mine ;)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I think the film is good,but i think the soundtrack is excellent........easily up there in the top three soundtrack scores by TD IMHO :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
whiteeagle

Post by whiteeagle »

Just because of last two posts related to 'Keep', I saw the film again, (transfered from vhs to divx)
and though it has big failures in some parts (the monster is really funny)
it could be better: Mann couldn't do it is as he wanted because of problems with the production company.

The theme of the film itself, it is a sensitive case for TD I think, dealing with WW2.

The German anti-war movie "Das Boot" (reccomented!) had a better way to pass the same anti-war anti-evil messages.
BTW with main music theme from klaus doldinger.

This dark WW2 heritage is something that made the whole krautrock generation wanted to say to the world "we are from this country that did all this, but we are not the same -we want peace!"

Here's a fanpage dedicated to 'the keep'
http://www.the-keep.ath.cx/default_en.htm
It features an interview with Johannes Schmoeling.
Here's asegment:

'''The music of "The Keep» is a very rare composition to find and to hear, why official motion picture soundtrack of the COMPLETE MUSIC of "The Keep" was never created from 1983? (the only "official TDI music» was "The Keep» in 1997 TDI TOUR)

J.S.: As far as I know “The Keep” never went to the cinemas, so that there were no demands to us for a soundtrack release.'''
Keep on (Tangerine) Dreaming
24db

Post by 24db »

then JS is wrong...as I have the movie programme! ;) and I have quite a few reviews of it
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

24db wrote:then JS is wrong...as I have the movie programme! ;) and I have quite a few reviews of it
Absolutely... in fact, I saw the film at the theater specifically because TD scored it.

It's also one of the few books I've read more than once (it's a stunner - and Molasar is nothing like he is described in the book.)

The original author was disgusted at the treatment of his novel and rumor has it that a remake may be in the works. (He also LOVES TD's score.)
24db

Post by 24db »

Beaubourg wrote:
24db wrote:then JS is wrong...as I have the movie programme! ;) and I have quite a few reviews of it
Absolutely... in fact, I saw the film at the theater specifically because TD scored it.

It's also one of the few books I've read more than once (it's a stunner - and Molasar is nothing like he is described in the book.)

The original author was disgusted at the treatment of his novel and rumor has it that a remake may be in the works. (He also LOVES TD's score.)
The Japanese Programme:

billythefish

Post by billythefish »

This is always going to be a controversial release, due to its many incarnations and rarity:

I think some people over-value it simply because it is rare, and it's from an era that is very popular, so every last morsel is valued like gold.

I read many peoples' criticism of the official release slating the fact that much of the in-film music is missed, yet the only real theme I hear missing is the 'Walking in the air' track that was omitted because of legal rights issues. There's an awful lot of fairly drab stuff here that I tend to gloss over.

Having said that, it has at least three tracks that rank amongst my very favourites; one of which is one of my all-time faves - ('Ancient Powerplant / Fisherman's Morning'), and there is no single track that I feel the need to fast-forward over.

I bought my first copy with the Millennium Booster set, and a second copy at the Astoria '03, which I later auctioned when I needed to buy Christmas presents ;-)

I must admit, the '97 issue looks like a nice package thanks to the more extensive artwork (from what I can tell on E-bay)
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!