Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

* FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:46 pm 

I must confess there are several compositions I don't like at all, for example "Red Morpho" on "Dream Roots", some tracks on "Rockoon" or "Zoning" ("Unfit For Consumption" with its stumbling drum loop). But that doesn't mean I HATE them. And of course there may be others who love these pieces. I love "Cool At Heart" and don't think it's out of place. And I also like "Wall Street", the funky live versions with the dual saxophone are just awesome IMHO. :wink: However, one cannot love everything, I just don't listen to these compositions.
And another thing: Some tracks I used to dislike once now belong to those I listen to frequently. Opinions can change. One example is the "Melrose" album, I didn't like it that much when I bought it; but after I downloaded the 2002 version I listen to it again and again. (However, the original "Cool At Heart" is better, you may guess why. :wink: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:48 am 
MrCox wrote:
"Unfit For Consumption" with its stumbling drum loop

Terrible track!

Also I find Where Dreams Are Large And Airy immensly tedious and uninportant, it's incredibly how much better Wadephul is on Blue Dawn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:05 am 

Regarding Blue Dawn, Edgar's tracks, Thunderheads and Where Dreams.... are excellent along with some of Ralph's tracks which are so good because of Edgar's awesome guitar solos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:28 pm 

I went back and listened to Destination Berlin (mainly because I couldn't remember what "Wall Street" sounded like). Whoa, that's a tough listen nowadays. Thing about that album is (keeping in mind that it is a soundtrack), that it's more a bunch of themes than compositions. There is such a lack of depth and substance--completely superficial. What's more, they seemed to use only one rhythm pattern and the same two or three keyboard voicings thoughout. While the music may be suitable for purpose for which it was intended, it simply doesn't stand on its own, they way almost all other TD soundtracks do. And "Wall Street" is difficult to even try to take seriously.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:22 pm 

Desert_Voyager wrote:
Regarding Blue Dawn, Edgar's tracks, Thunderheads and Where Dreams.... are excellent along with some of Ralph's tracks which are so good because of Edgar's awesome guitar solos.

for me Edgar's guitar made the whole CD...brilliant stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:26 pm 

I really do wish Edgar would get back up front as he did SBE and Tempodrom and give us some guitar works,its a damn joy to watch and i for one think its a great highlight of any TD show :arrow: Come on Edgar...you can still do it :idea: we wont pull you off stage :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:29 pm 

epsilon75 wrote:
I really do wish Edgar would get back up front as he did SBE and Tempodrom and give us some guitar works,its a damn joy to watch and i for one think its a great highlight of any TD show :arrow: Come on Edgar...you can still do it :idea: we wont pull you off stage :wink:

Always a highlight of the show, how about Edgar starting the gig with some acoustic 12 string guitar?..dry eye in the house?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:31 am 

You know what I Can’t Complaining switch one is the Worst Tacks or Albums By Tangerine Dream.

:arrow:

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:47 pm 

I don't really "hate" any particular TD track although i'm not too much into some of TD's soundtrack stuff such as Firestarter, Wavelength, Deadly Care, 3 O'clock High, etc. I find these very ordinary and bland.

Noteable exceptions are The Keep, Legend, and Near Dark.
Superb stuff! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:14 pm 

boruncy wrote:
I don't really "hate" any particular TD track although i'm not too much into some of TD's soundtrack stuff such as Firestarter, Wavelength, Deadly Care, 3 O'clock High, etc. I find these very ordinary and bland.

Damn!!!! Firestarter is awesome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:04 am 
To me, two VERY, VERY bad TD tracks are Museum Walk and Summer In Shauxi. Presentiment from Summer In Nagasaki is mix of those two, but at least it fits into a much better concept than Miracle Mile and Great Wall Of China.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:55 pm 

rattymouse wrote:
boruncy wrote:

Damn!!!! Firestarter is awesome!

Wow Im shocked, I think Firestarter has two of TDs very best tracks, the opener and Charly the Kid. I love all of the 80s soundtracks, including all of the Haslinger ones. I'm here starting trouble again ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:26 pm 

Must agree JD - The Firestarter OST is up there with the best of TD;s soundtrack work IMHO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:33 pm 

Strange to see some of the soundtracks getting knocked. I'm a big fan of most of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:21 pm 

I used to dislike most TD soundtracks, especially sorcerer. Nowadays they do get an airing. I've always liked Heartbreakers just for it's nice melodic sound.

Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next
Page 3 of 15 [ 221 posts ] 

Jump to: