Worst TD tracks

HYPERBOREA
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Worst TD tracks

Post by HYPERBOREA »

Following on from the previous discussions about TD albums we dont care too much for I thought it would be fun to name the TD track we hate the most

For me I hate Funky Atlanta and Rising Haul in Silence equally.

How about the rest of you !
24db

Post by 24db »

Hard to mention the ones I hate, as I simply don't play them, therefore they don't stay in my memory.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Its hard to mention a track i hate...........there are one or two i maybe dont like,but certainly dont hate :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
rattymouse

Re: Worst TD tracks

Post by rattymouse »

HYPERBOREA wrote:Following on from the previous discussions about TD albums we dont care too much for I thought it would be fun to name the TD track we hate the most

For me I hate Funky Atlanta and Rising Haul in Silence equally.

How about the rest of you !
Every last track off of Rockoon, Goblins Club, Tyranny of Beauty, Turn of the Tides, DM1, Tournado, Hollywood years I & II, and Great Wall of China.

I cant narrow it any more than that. Not even to the album.
JD

Post by JD »

I wouldnt even like to comment on it anymore because I respect the fact its the artists website, and i dont believe any artist wants to read or see lists of their work that people hate. I dont mind complaining if i think there's something amiss with the business etc but it cant be nice for Edgar to read it, even after 40 years.
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
24db

Post by 24db »

Kind of agree JD, although everyone is free to like or dislike whatever they like. There are plently of albums by other EM artists that I don't like, but to say I hate them is going too far, besides they'd have to be half interesting to make me feel that strongly ;)
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

Yeah, it's the good ones that stay in the memory (and there're TONS of those).

I didn't find myself hating the nineties work as such, I just got uncomfortable with the direction the band was going and "jumped off the bus" for a good few years.
24db

Post by 24db »

DSJR wrote:Yeah, it's the good ones that stay in the memory (and there're TONS of those).

I didn't find myself hating the nineties work as such, I just got uncomfortable with the direction the band was going and "jumped off the bus" for a good few years.
I can't find the energy to keep discussing stuff I don't like, again and again (although other people should discuss whatever the hell they want to). I don't collect music I don't like, if it's that bad I sell it...it's what eBay was invented for.

Sure some of the nineties stuff wasn't very good 100% of the time, but then again so was (IMHO) some of the eighties stuff, or a few albums from the last 7 years. I'd like to see an artist that's survived for 40 years where every single album hit the mark every time.
JD

Post by JD »

24db wrote:Kind of agree JD, although everyone is free to like or dislike whatever they like. There are plently of albums by other EM artists that I don't like, but to say I hate them is going too far, besides they'd have to be half interesting to make me feel that strongly ;)

No I agree completely, people should be able to say whatever they want to whoever they want, I was just expressing my own view :)
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

I would never use the word hate related to TD,there are periods I am not keen on, very early 70's & first part of the 90's but they still get played.
24db

Post by 24db »

JD wrote:
24db wrote:Kind of agree JD, although everyone is free to like or dislike whatever they like. There are plently of albums by other EM artists that I don't like, but to say I hate them is going too far, besides they'd have to be half interesting to make me feel that strongly ;)

No I agree completely, people should be able to say whatever they want to whoever they want, I was just expressing my own view :)
I totally agree JD
24db

Post by 24db »

:)
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

JD wrote:I wouldnt even like to comment on it anymore because I respect the fact its the artists website, and i dont believe any artist wants to read or see lists of their work that people hate. I dont mind complaining if i think there's something amiss with the business etc but it cant be nice for Edgar to read it, even after 40 years.
I agree with what you say all i say is there is some albums i play continually, occassionally & once in a blue moon that's as far as i'll go
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

My top 10 of most hated tracks:

1. Wall Street (TT 49 - Berlin Werner Seelenbinder Halle, Germany 20th February and East)
2. Wall Street (TL 90 - Worthing, Assembly Hall, England 25th October)
3. Wall Street (TT 29 - London Hammersmith Odeon, England 26th October)
4. Wall Street (TL 51 - London Hammersmith Odeon, England 27th October)
5. Wall Street (TL 77 - Manchester Apollo Theatre, England 28th October)
6. Wall Street (TL 29 - Nottingham Royal Centre, England 29th October)
7. Wall Street (TT 90 - Newcastle City Hall, England 1st November)
8. Wall Street (TT 84 - Oxford Apollo Theatre, England 4th November)
9. Wall Street (TT 70 - Bristol Colston Hall, England 6th November)
10. Wall Street (Destination Berlin)
24db

Post by 24db »

that's a lot of hate Jacob ;)