Worst TD tracks

sparrow
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Worst TD tracks

Post by sparrow »

When it came out I loved Goblins Club ..these days there are only very few moments on that album I enjoy...even like Rockoon more than that album so shoot me.
Jon

Post by Jon »

sparrow wrote:When it came out I loved Goblins Club ..these days there are only very few moments on that album I enjoy...even like Rockoon more than that album so shoot me.
The only tracks I don't like on Goblins Club are At Darwin's Motel, United Goblins Parade and Sad Merlin's Sunday.
Justin

Post by Justin »

I quite like 'Sad Merlins Sunday'. Not as keen on the other two tracks.
Look for the sounds of Digital Horizons at http://digitalhorizons.bandcamp.com/ and on iTunes, CDBaby, Amazon Downloads and Reverbnation.
24db

Post by 24db »

there are no worst TD tracks - you just need better ears ;)
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Jon wrote:
sparrow wrote:When it came out I loved Goblins Club ..these days there are only very few moments on that album I enjoy...even like Rockoon more than that album so shoot me.
The only tracks I don't like on Goblins Club are At Darwin's Motel, United Goblins Parade and Sad Merlin's Sunday.
Jon, it's beyond my understanding that you don't like United Goblins Parade. That is a standout track for me. The last part of the track is fantastic.
Sad Merlin's Sunday is also beautiful.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

24db wrote:there are no worst TD tracks - you just need better ears ;)
True ;-)
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Insvims wrote:Jon, it's beyond my understanding that you don't like United Goblins Parade. That is a standout track for me. The last part of the track is fantastic.
And what about "Elf June and the midnight Patrol" ? Such a beautiful track too ! 8) 8)
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Goblins Club will get an airing tonight methinks. :!:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

A fine album IMHO, and certainly in my top 3 from the 90s 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
rigel

Post by rigel »

I liked Goblin's Club when it came out - thought on the whole it was a lot better than the previous two studio albums TTOT and TOB. But for me it's inconsistent in quality.

My favourite tracks are Towards The Evening Star, At Darwin's Motel, Rising Haul in Silence and Lamb With Radar Eyes. I like the live version of this last track that appeared on one of Jerome's EPs.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Insvims wrote:
Jon wrote:
Jon, it's beyond my understanding that you don't like United Goblins Parade. That is a standout track for me. The last part of the track is fantastic.
I think the second part of United Goblins Parade sounds rather trite, typical Edgar 90s-sounding. There is just something unfresh over the rhythm section. Sad Merlin's Sunday is better, but still not a highlight.
exit81

Post by exit81 »

I don't think I actually hate any TD tracks....sure there's many pieces that don't do much for me, many pieces I find dull, meandering and aimless album fillers. But hate? No. I just don't listen to them. Instead I listen to the hundreds and hundreds of hours of brilliant music that I think does work. No band in history could produce such a massive body of otherwise superb work without pumping out a few dozen duds here and there.
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

the last 2 studio albums 'The Castle' and 'Machu Picchu' have been disappointing for me I am sorry to say. Sorry guys :-/
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
bp59

Post by bp59 »

I just picked up thiis post reading it in my hotel listing to white eagle.LIke many others I dont hate any TD albums or tracks. I dont have any pre 1973 albums and did not listen to TD for 2 years but came back to them. I have over 145 albums on cds a swell as 40 on vinyl and about 20 in mp3 format. I go in phases as to what era or album I listen to. My taste in music has changed to and I have wiider viriaty of em music,but I still came back to TD, there is always something in the way they produce the sound which still holds me :lol:
zygote23

Post by zygote23 »

Albums I listen to:-
Zeit
Atem
Alpha Centauri
Green Desert
White Eagle
Tangram
Pergamon
Ricochet
Poland
Phaedra
Rubycon
Cyclone
Stratosfear
Exit
Logos
Hyperborea
Encore
Force Majeure
Thief
Sorcerer
Wavelength

Bar one or two tracks here and there from their other albums I pretty much dislike everything else :(

My most listened to would be Ricochet, Poland and Pergamon which I play weekly here.