Whats your Favorite Edgar Froese solo Album?

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

tangmaster wrote:
24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Thanks Andy. Loved reading those. I particularly like this bit;
"I imagine only T Dream freaks and Froese himself will be able to differentiate between this and 'Rubycon'".
Because they are nearly nearly as good, Stuntman and Rubycon, aren't they? :wink:
yep :) Journalists, they're a weird breed :)
It dismays me to think that 'every'* TD release has been slatted, and yet we like them so much and yet....we still keep reading the reviews, funny really :D

*I've never seen a bad review of Exit (so far ;))
No bad reviews of Exit. Be glad you weren't in the Netherlands at the time of it's release.
Ah, it's all Dutch to me ;)
tangmaster

Post by tangmaster »

24db wrote:
tangmaster wrote:
24db wrote: yep :) Journalists, they're a weird breed :)
It dismays me to think that 'every'* TD release has been slatted, and yet we like them so much and yet....we still keep reading the reviews, funny really :D

*I've never seen a bad review of Exit (so far ;))
No bad reviews of Exit. Be glad you weren't in the Netherlands at the time of it's release.
Yeah it all went down after Encore. So i have to move from here, or should i stay. :idea:
The way a world of dreams is going on!
24db

Post by 24db »

tangmaster wrote:
24db wrote:
tangmaster wrote: No bad reviews of Exit. Be glad you weren't in the Netherlands at the time of it's release.
Yeah it all went down after Encore. So i have to move from here, or should i stay. :idea:
Well don't come to the UK, they've slagged off most TD records ;)
tangmaster

Post by tangmaster »

24db wrote:
tangmaster wrote:
24db wrote: Ah, it's all Dutch to me ;)
Well don't come to the UK, they've slagged off most TD records ;)

Where can i go than, just far away in space........... :?: :roll: :arrow:
The way a world of dreams is going on!
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

My favorite EF album will always be Aqua. I'm not sure why. It seems to have been his most inspired recording. I like the free-form style of it, mostly.
hansx

Post by hansx »

rotwang wrote:I suppose if you had to nail me down to just one, I would have to pick Ages. I simply love Metropolis and Icarus, two absolutely sublime works IMHO. I also enjoy the percussion work on Pizarro and Atahualpa. Of course, the rest of Edgar's solo works are well worth listening to as well. Strangely, though, I would rank Epsilon last on my list. Maybe I should give it a listen again. Marouba Bay, as I recall, is pretty a darn good track.
I completely agree with you. Ages is the best. it really fits in the albums from TD in that time. Great tracks which would easily compare with TD.
I still play it from time to time.
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

hansx wrote:
rotwang wrote:I suppose if you had to nail me down to just one, I would have to pick Ages. I simply love Metropolis and Icarus, two absolutely sublime works IMHO. I also enjoy the percussion work on Pizarro and Atahualpa. Of course, the rest of Edgar's solo works are well worth listening to as well. Strangely, though, I would rank Epsilon last on my list. Maybe I should give it a listen again. Marouba Bay, as I recall, is pretty a darn good track.
I completely agree with you. Ages is the best. it really fits in the albums from TD in that time. Great tracks which would easily compare with TD.
I still play it from time to time.
There is a lot of good material on Ages. I saw that a lot of people seem to like Tropic of Capricorn, however, which is one track I have a very hard time with. I have played it many times, thinking that, because of its length, there must be something to it, but it always ends up being like when you keep opening the refrigerator looking for something to eat even though you've just opened it several times and there is really nothing in there. :cry: Sorry, but that's the feeling I get every time I play TOC. It really should have been about 8 minutes long, not 20, and there is not a single TD track I would say that about. But I do like Ages overall, really. In fact, the LP took me a while to find back in the mid-80s, so I treasure it greatly (I live in Pittsburgh and I found in it San Francsico--now that's a lot of searching! :D ).
24db

Post by 24db »

TD needs to delete some of this spam
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

and the spammers :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

Hey, them's fightin' words. :wink:

Seriously, when I was a reporter for a daily afternoon paper back in the 1980s, I got a chance to review a couple of TD records. Needless to say, I gave them pretty decent reviews. (See, not all journalists are bad. And yes, I will admit, I am "weird.")
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
24db

Post by 24db »

rotwang wrote:

Seriously, when I was a reporter for a daily afternoon paper back in the 1980s, I got a chance to review a couple of TD records. Needless to say, I gave them pretty decent reviews. (See, not all journalists are bad. And yes, I will admit, I am "weird.")
Well i must have about 200 reviews of TD records, and if you can spot in any logic or thought process going on then you're better man than me.
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

24db wrote:
rotwang wrote:

Well i must have about 200 reviews of TD records, and if you can spot in any logic or thought process going on then you're better man than me.
All I can say is, I may not know much about music (art, literature, etc.), but I know what I like.
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

rotwang wrote:
24db wrote:
rotwang wrote: Hey, them's fightin' words. :wink:

All I can say is, I may not know much about music (art, literature, etc.), but I know what I like.
And quite frankly thats all that matters :D :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
JD

Post by JD »

My absolute favourite is Pinnacles ! Stunning in every sense, and because it reminds me a lot of Poland 8)
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
24db

Post by 24db »

rotwang wrote:
24db wrote:
rotwang wrote: Hey, them's fightin' words. :wink:

ah that's opinion then ;)