The Hollywood Years Vol. 1

Pertou
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Pertou »

MrCox wrote:Well, I can't say if I'm really a fast writer. My TD reviews are written while the music is playing; sometimes a track inspires me to write more, others don't.

Either way, it's really fun. And I hope Edgar Froese isn't distracted too much if I write about some compositions of his I don't like. :oops: I always try to describe my views honestly and although I try to remain as objective as possible my subjective opinions slip in every once in a while. As a critic it's almost impossible to hold back your personal opinions. Well, I guess he's used to critics and their subjective ramblings. I try to be never unfair or too hard, after all I'm a fan. :wink:
And that's what make your thoughts an interesting read. Very well thought out and balanced.
When I write a review I change bits untill I'm sure I can still agree with it later.
MrCox

Post by MrCox »

Aah, I see. :wink: Well, I'm no fan of endless rewrites. I learnt over the years (also during my time at university) that the first version often is the best one, especially when you're trying to point out subjective views on art (be it music, theatre or movies). Everyone writes things differently and I seem to be an intuitive writer. Before I begin to swap sentences around I throw the whole piece of text away and start anew. 8)
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

MrCox wrote:Aah, I see. :wink: Well, I'm no fan of endless rewrites. I learnt over the years (also during my time at university) that the first version often is the best one, especially when you're trying to point out subjective views on art (be it music, theatre or movies). Everyone writes things differently and I seem to be an intuitive writer. Before I begin to swap sentences around I throw the whole piece of text away and start anew. 8)
I agree that the first intuition is the more exciting read, but personally I have found myself over reacting at times (probably due to the fact that I'm often 'comfortably drunk' when I write). And for one who's very economical with the sentences, I can't see myself starting all over again. That's why I copypasted parts (and edited it to fit) the questions by 24db for 40th anniversary. :oops:

Please carry on, MrC.
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:
MrCox wrote:Aah, I see. :wink: Well, I'm no fan of endless rewrites. I learnt over the years (also during my time at university) that the first version often is the best one, especially when you're trying to point out subjective views on art (be it music, theatre or movies). Everyone writes things differently and I seem to be an intuitive writer. Before I begin to swap sentences around I throw the whole piece of text away and start anew. 8)
I agree that the first intuition is the more exciting read, but personally I have found myself over reacting at times (probably due to the fact that I'm often 'comfortably drunk' when I write). And for one who's very economical with the sentences, I can't see myself starting all over again. That's why I copypasted parts (and edited it to fit) the questions by 24db for 40th anniversary. :oops:

Please carry on, MrC.
make them longer! :)
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:

Please carry on, MrC.
I'd rather answer more questions!
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
Pertou wrote: I agree that the first intuition is the more exciting read, but personally I have found myself over reacting at times (probably due to the fact that I'm often 'comfortably drunk' when I write). And for one who's very economical with the sentences, I can't see myself starting all over again. That's why I copypasted parts (and edited it to fit) the questions by 24db for 40th anniversary. :oops:

Please carry on, MrC.
I'd rather answer more questions!
come up with some?
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

I'm totally blank.
Let's play jeopardy. You make the replies you want me to say, and I make the questions! :idea: :lol:
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:I'm totally blank.
Let's play jeopardy. You make the replies you want me to say, and I make the questions! :idea: :lol:
ok...here's the reply

"It was tuesday and Ruppert had a trumpet (he'd written the word "Neville" on it with a small duck), I on the other hand was dressed top to tail in a hairy smock of cornflakes topped with a small chair...just for effect"

now write the question ;)
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

24db wrote:
ok...here's the reply

"It was tuesday and Ruppert had a trumpet (he'd written the word "Neville" on it with a small duck), I on the other hand was dressed top to tail in a hairy smock of cornflakes topped with a small chair...just for effect"

Question: What's the story behind this snapshot?
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p228 ... 152477.png
Last edited by Pertou on Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
ok...here's the reply

Question: What's the story behind this snapshot?
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p228 ... 152477.png

Answer accepted!
lol...rubbish man, where's the chair?
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

My score: - 500 :D
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

lol! Barking!!! Where's my giraffe...
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

MrCox wrote:Well, I can't say if I'm really a fast writer. My TD reviews are written while the music is playing; sometimes a track inspires me to write more, others don't.

Either way, it's really fun. And I hope Edgar Froese isn't distracted too much if I write about some compositions of his I don't like. :oops: I always try to describe my views honestly and although I try to remain as objective as possible my subjective opinions slip in every once in a while. As a critic it's almost impossible to hold back your personal opinions. Well, I guess he's used to critics and their subjective ramblings. I try to be never unfair or too hard, after all I'm a fan. :wink:
Mr. Cox, you reviews, as always, are excellent. Never, ever be afraid of expressing reviews on both sides. A good reviewer (as well as a good fan) holds their favorite band to high standards. It is unimportant whether or not Froese likes what you write. You just have to be honest and fair. It is so easy to spot writing that is nothing but positive. It becomes boring quite easily if someone has no ability to honest express what they do not like, or are incapable of finding fault.

Looking foward to reading more of your writing.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Mr. Cox, you reviews, as always, are excellent. Never, ever be afraid of expressing reviews on both sides. A good reviewer (as well as a good fan) holds their favorite band to high standards. It is unimportant whether or not Froese likes what you write. You just have to be honest and fair. It is so easy to spot writing that is nothing but positive. It becomes boring quite easily if someone has no ability to honest express what they do not like, or are incapable of finding fault.

Looking foward to reading more of your writing.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Ratty, I would love to read more reviews from you. The one you did on The Seven Letters From Tibet was very well done.