Optical Race

sparrow
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by sparrow »

It was always one of my faves at a time in my life where things sorted themselves out. It was one of the last ''new'' TD albums I was able to buy locally before the shops stopped stocking TD..a wonderful album which I never tire of.. :D
Erik

Post by Erik »

the title track makes me sooooo happy. EVERYTHING about it is corny (especially the alternating channel beats at the very start). but it puts me in such a good mood
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
32 years + counting

OPTICAL RACE

Post by 32 years + counting »

I always thought this was the best of the Froese / Haslinger +/or Froese / Froese / Haslinger albums, though a tad too 'poppy' for my overall taste. MARAKESCH is an interesting and engaging opener and GHAZAL a really beautiful closer (especially live) but MOTHERS OF RAIN wins best track hands down.

ROCKFACE (+/or bootleg SPHERICAL HARMONICS) do much more justice to this period, and include some of the really excellent compositions by Ralf Wadephul that otherwise generally never made the studio albums.

I saw them in New York on the US 1988 tour, and it was a really good gig.