Optical Race

timer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by timer »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:i remember buying Optical Race on import and frantically searching through the booklet cos CF's name wasnt in it?! I remember reading the very small sleeve notes again & again thinking its gotta be on here somewhere!
It was a very odd & surreal moment realising a long time band member had just gone.
I know its probably been discussed here loads of times but is it true he left exactly the day after the Berlin 750th Ann.concert (livemiles pt.2)?

NOL - correct CF last concert with the Dream was the Berlin 750th Ann concert - & if you can find the bootleg of this concert it knocks livemiles sideways IMHO :)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:i remember buying Optical Race on import and frantically searching through the booklet cos CF's name wasnt in it?! I remember reading the very small sleeve notes again & again thinking its gotta be on here somewhere!
It was a very odd & surreal moment realising a long time band member had just gone.
I know its probably been discussed here loads of times but is it true he left exactly the day after the Berlin 750th Ann.concert (livemiles pt.2)?

NOL - correct CF last concert with the Dream was the Berlin 750th Ann concert - & if you can find the bootleg of this concert it knocks livemiles sideways IMHO :)

As soon as you listened to OP you could tell the CF influence had gone,still an album i very much enjoy...........
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:afterthought: on The Melrose Years set, does anyone elses cd make and odd skipping sound during Cool At Heart?

The cd timer remains true & steady but the cd sounds like its skipping.
(tried and tested on a dozen cd players).
Yes - there are no known copies without this 'feature'. It caused very heated debates at its release, with some claiming it was deliberate, others claiming a fault.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

epsilon75 wrote:
SydneyFC wrote:Is the version of Sun Gate that is on the 2003 OP the same as the one on Tangere Scales?
Just played them both and the only difference i can hear is Iris,s percussion is not on the Tangines Scales version as it was on the 2003 Melrose Years version :wink:
Thanks for that :)
"Sydney till I Die"
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

timer wrote:

Do you mean the 20th Century Seranades & Antarktis cd's?
Got them both & they are superb recordings!

Where did LIVEMILES Part One originate from because i heard that this was from the soundcheck?
Most of the '86 tour was pretty close to the UK'86 setlist.
timer

Post by timer »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:
timer wrote:

Do you mean the 20th Century Seranades & Antarktis cd's?
Got them both & they are superb recordings!

Where did LIVEMILES Part One originate from because i heard that this was from the soundcheck?
Most of the '86 tour was pretty close to the UK'86 setlist.
Yep they are the CDs I was refering to.
I don't know much on the background to Livemiles thou' some one else on the forum maybe able to elighten us . 8)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Edgar Froese on Live Miles

"Its a controversial record-a lot of people have said it's not live.
We did a rehearsal in the afternoon at Albuquerque during the sound check.
Part of the album was recorded then and another part was recorded during the gig itself.
We also used a bit of an encore and a little portion of the Albuquerque concert was performed later on in New York which we subsequently edited into the same performance.

"The reason is we performed a two and a half hour set including material which had previously been released on record which we could not release on the Albuquerque or Berlin concerts because they were blocked by copyright with other record companies.

So we had to cut out the new pieces and bring them together to form a new live record.
From time to time we had to build musical 'bridges' between these parts and some of those bridges had to be played later on whilst editing the material.
Those bridges are only half a minute or maybe a minute long,but the music in-between has been performed.
timer

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:Edgar Froese on Live Miles

"Its a controversial record-a lot of people have said it's not live.
We did a rehearsal in the afternoon at Albuquerque during the sound check.
Part of the album was recorded then and another part was recorded during the gig itself.
We also used a bit of an encore and a little portion of the Albuquerque concert was performed later on in New York which we subsequently edited into the same performance.

"The reason is we performed a two and a half hour set including material which had previously been released on record which we could not release on the Albuquerque or Berlin concerts because they were blocked by copyright with other record companies.

So we had to cut out the new pieces and bring them together to form a new live record.
From time to time we had to build musical 'bridges' between these parts and some of those bridges had to be played later on whilst editing the material.
Those bridges are only half a minute or maybe a minute long,but the music in-between has been performed.

Interesting 8)
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Would i be right in saying that Tournado was the first true live album ? :oops:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

alipaul wrote:Would i be right in saying that Tournado was the first true live album ? :oops:
Yes I'm sure it is. I love Tournado. Our local Virgin had 10 copies on their shelf when it came out 8) They sold them all too. CDS said it was TD's best live album :shock: Not IMO.
timer

Post by timer »

alipaul wrote:Would i be right in saying that Tournado was the first true live album ? :oops:
Think Poland could be quite close (albiet shortened) to the real deal - certainly from the live footage ive fortunately seen !
8) :oops:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

sparrow wrote:
Yes I'm sure it is. I love Tournado. Our local Virgin had 10 copies on their shelf when it came out 8) They sold them all too. CDS said it was TD's best live album :shock: Not IMO.
I have to be honest and say i really do like Tournado & Valentine Wheels,i played them to death when they came out and have fond memories of that 97 tour!
timer

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:
sparrow wrote:
I have to be honest and say i really do like Tournado & Valentine Wheels,i played them to death when they came out and have fond memories of that 97 tour!
Anything in particular mate ? :roll: :lol:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
sparrow wrote: Yes I'm sure it is. I love Tournado. Our local Virgin had 10 copies on their shelf when it came out 8) They sold them all too. CDS said it was TD's best live album :shock: Not IMO.

Some prat who managed to ..... ...... etc :oops: :arrow:
timer

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:
timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: I have to be honest and say i really do like Tournado & Valentine Wheels,i played them to death when they came out and have fond memories of that 97 tour!

Some prat who managed to ..... ...... etc :oops: :arrow:
The old one's are always the best !

I also played these two live releases to death when they came out - valentine wheels has the edge for me . 8)