Oasis

Hobo
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:Again its pretty hard to choose between the two but id have a slight preference for Canyon Dreams :arrow:
Oasis probably has more standout tracks, but overall, I think Canyon Dreams edges it.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
timer

Post by timer »

There are some classic pieces on Oasis, but Canyon Dreams is a superb CD especially Canyon Carver- bliss !
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Hyperboreauk wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:Yes, Oasis is miles and miles better than Canyon Dreams.
Yes I have to agree never really got into Canyon Dreams.
I never liked it at all except for the Jerome track at the end.... sadly, the rest is so clinical and precise sounding.... for me it's not really evocative of Canyon Dreams whereas Oasis hits the mark right on.... truly excellent 8)
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
Hyperboreauk wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:Yes, Oasis is miles and miles better than Canyon Dreams.
Yes I have to agree never really got into Canyon Dreams.
I never liked it at all except for the Jerome track at the end.... sadly, the rest is so clinical and precise sounding.... for me it's not really evocative of Canyon Dreams whereas Oasis hits the mark right on.... truly excellent 8)
Strange how our perceptions are different. I find Canyon Dreams has a far more organic feel.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Hobo wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
Hyperboreauk wrote: Yes I have to agree never really got into Canyon Dreams.
Strange how our perceptions are different. I find Canyon Dreams has a far more organic feel.
And yet Encore is our joint favourite.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote: I never liked it at all except for the Jerome track at the end.... sadly, the rest is so clinical and precise sounding.... for me it's not really evocative of Canyon Dreams whereas Oasis hits the mark right on.... truly excellent 8)
And yet Encore is our joint favourite.
Encore is a mighty album, that works on many levels. We may agree on every aspect of it, or love it for completely diverse reasons. This is what makes music so great. We must discuss it at length some time.
soundmill navigator

OASIS

Post by soundmill navigator »

I have the CD and the DVD of Oasis and have to comment that the music works better in isolation from the visuals on the DVD at times. I also have Canyon Dreams in both formats and agree that this is a superior effort, maybe a result of the line-up differences at the time of each recording. Canyon Dreams also goes much better with the visuals for some reason. Having said all that, I still really like Oasis compared to the rest of the 90s banality ( Mars Polaris excluded) :? :( :) :D :o !
epsilon75

Re: OASIS

Post by epsilon75 »

soundmill navigator wrote:I have the CD and the DVD of Oasis and have to comment that the music works better in isolation from the visuals on the DVD at times. I also have Canyon Dreams in both formats and agree that this is a superior effort, maybe a result of the line-up differences at the time of each recording. Canyon Dreams also goes much better with the visuals for some reason. Having said all that, I still really like Oasis compared to the rest of the 90s banality ( Mars Polaris excluded) :? :( :) :D :o !
Well im glad Mars Polaris gets excluded,i think its a cracking album and their best of the 90s after Melrose IMHO :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
HarryPotter No7

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

Whilst Oasis does contain some teriffic tracks, namely the ones already mentioned plus the superb Chia Maroon, I personally think the original Canyon Dreams album is a far superior album, all the tracks seem to fit better.

Slightly going off-topic here but what do you guys think of the newer additional tracks on Canyon Dreams?

I really like Colorado Dawn (composed by JF) but Rocky Mountain Hawk I think is a terrible unworthwile addition- a very boring track.

Just my little opinion......
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

HarryPotter No7 wrote:Whilst Oasis does contain some teriffic tracks, namely the ones already mentioned plus the superb Chia Maroon, I personally think the original Canyon Dreams album is a far superior album, all the tracks seem to fit better.

Slightly going off-topic here but what do you guys think of the newer additional tracks on Canyon Dreams?

I really like Colorado Dawn (composed by JF) but Rocky Mountain Hawk I think is a terrible unworthwile addition- a very boring track.

Just my little opinion......
I agree Canyon Dreams in far better than Oasis
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

soundmill navigator wrote:I have the CD and the DVD of Oasis and have to comment that the music works better in isolation from the visuals on the DVD at times.
Never got the Oasis DVD, is it any good?

Wasn't that Voiceprint?

If so, bout time they re-released it.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Chris Monk wrote:
soundmill navigator wrote:I have the CD and the DVD of Oasis and have to comment that the music works better in isolation from the visuals on the DVD at times.

Wasn't that Voiceprint?

I had and still think have Oasis on VHS, if you like the music then the video only enhances the enjoyment in my opinion. I remember when I was Tange crazy in the late 90s and would watch this a lot in the dark and TV turned up loud......superb

I love Oasis and Canyon Dreams and would say they would both go in my top 20 tangerine dream albums...possibly top 10.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

cantosis wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:

Wasn't that Voiceprint?

I had and still think have Oasis on VHS, if you like the music then the video only enhances the enjoyment in my opinion. I remember when I was Tange crazy in the late 90s and would watch this a lot in the dark and TV turned up loud......superb

I love Oasis and Canyon Dreams and would say they would both go in my top 20 tangerine dream albums...possibly top 10.
Loved Canyon Dreams too but was a little disappointed by the DVD which IMO wasn't as good quality as the VHS.