The Sessions I

sorcerer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

The Sessions I

Post by sorcerer »

And a topic for the new cup disc.

Track 1 Blue Artic Danube - 10 pm Session A38 Budapest
Track 2 Gladiatorial Dragon 9.35 pm Session at AC Hall - Hong Kong

So a cup disc that would just about be a double live album in the old days 8)

Disc arrived yesterday and first play in progress right now, track 1 must be that 70s improv that I watched online from the A38 live gig that totally blew me away. Absolutely effing stunning. It's late here and I am playing it loud. Honestly this is marvellous stunning stuff. The real McCoy , pure Tangerine Dream magnificence :P 8) :D 8)
sorcerer

Re: The Sessions I

Post by sorcerer »

And track 2 now, first time I've heard this. A lot of different sounds I am hearing over that 70s vibe, driving, sequencing. I like it , very different and interesting.

Tell you something , our band is continuing and moving on in a wonderful direction. The Nay Sayers and Doom Mongers must be, or will be, spewing :mrgreen:

Dream on people 8)

Edit ----- Blimey, experimental ending to that track. Wow , different indeed :shock:
32 years + counting

Post by 32 years + counting »

This modern embrace of TD's improvisational skill and legacy is enormously welcome.

It was what made their '70's and '80's concerts so great, imo.

TD often toured BEFORE an album came out, so what you heard live was entirely new. The experience of that was simply thrilling, and there are less bands doing that now than you have fingers on your hands.

The only time I've ever experienced electronic music like that outside of TD was ORBITAL, who toured their landmark MIDDLE OF NOWHERE album in the UK before it came out, due to some hideous lawyer / record company thing. Oh my word what a gig that was. Despite sticking to the basic plan (in the album you heard later), it was flush with utterly brilliant improvs.

All power to Thorsten + Ulrich + Hoshiko's TD for resurrecting this largely lost art.
paul wood

Post by paul wood »

Does anyone find there is a lot of distortion on Track 2? Great track, but very poor recording quality....
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

I’ll check that track again Paul. A while since I listened to it. Can’t say I noticed .
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

paul wood wrote:Does anyone find there is a lot of distortion on Track 2? Great track, but very poor recording quality....
Apparently there was a problem with the recording levels...the track as heard on the Sessions disc had far worse sound in it's raw state.

They did the best they could to tone down the distortion for the CD release.
fgourlot

Post by fgourlot »

I confim thar the record is very good on my CD.

I listen it each day, several times per day ...

It is a very good disc.
François from Paris