AN INSANE AMOUNT OF EGO vs. CODENAME: THE SOLDIER

32 years + counting
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

AN INSANE AMOUNT OF EGO vs. CODENAME: THE SOLDIER

Post by 32 years + counting »

Very obscure I know, but.....

A friend recently sent me some old archive of the brilliant 'THE DAILY SHOW with JON STEWART'.

And blow me down, sometime in 2006 they did a short piece about a certain Wall Street trader who was so astonishingly self-absorbed that he actually had Ferrari photograph and measure his body shape and size for a customised car that they built for him, which he then bought for a mere $4 million dollars.

That Wall Street trader was....James Glickenhaus, the director of the film CODENAME: THE SOLDIER.

Okay, as per a previous, and more politely worded post of mine....RELEASE THE ***DAMN SOUNDTRACK NOW!

NOW I say!

There is NO possible excuse!

This guy DEFINITELY does NOT need the money!

And we TD fans should have this lost gem, finally......!

I thank you. And you too. Yes I do. Yes. Yes indeed.
Jon

Re: AN INSANE AMOUNT OF EGO vs. CODENAME: THE SOLDIER

Post by Jon »

Yeah, I knew that Glickenhaus jumped off the Hollywood bandwagon in the mid 90s to focus on cars.

In addition to working with TD on The Soldier, he also hired Chris Franke on McBain in 1991, where Glickenhaus actually co-wrote the lyrics of "Christina's Song" together with Franke. Jocelyn B. Smith of Tyger fame was the vocalist.

Another great score from a Glickenhaus movie is Shakedown by Jonathan Elias from 1988.
exit81

Re: AN INSANE AMOUNT OF EGO vs. CODENAME: THE SOLDIER

Post by exit81 »

Unfortunately, the director has pretty much no say if a soundtrack (or score to give it it's proper name) is released or not. Unless you're someone like John Carpenter and you also wrote the score.