Cherry Red Vol 2 Bootleg Series has UNRELEASED concert

exit81
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Cherry Red Vol 2 Bootleg Series has UNRELEASED concert

Post by exit81 »

Hadn't spotted this before because I just assumed they were using stuff from the Tree/Leaves project. But volume 2 of this Official Bootleg Series seems to feature a previously unreleased concert from Paris 1978. I can't see it in the Voices In The Net listings, and there's no symbol in their concert listings to indicate there is a fan recording of this show. And it's not in my personal collection. You have to guess the recording has come from TD, so why then call it a bootleg? I'm hoping this has come via TD, so we can expect great sound quality. If so, I'm really looking forward to hearing it.
dream-fan

Re: Cherry Red Vol 2 Bootleg Series has UNRELEASED concert

Post by dream-fan »

You can find the whole concert from Paris 1978 on youtube, so I guess, a bootleg exists.
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

exit81 wrote:... I can't see it in the Voices In The Net listings, and there's no symbol in their concert listings to indicate there is a fan recording of this show. ...
In terms of existing recordings Voices in the Net isn't completely. In Paul Fellow's Concert Dates list is a recording mentioned.
The great audience recording, which is now apparently used for the Bootleg Series surfaced in a roio collectors community just three years ago.
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

First impressions:
Received this a few days ago; very pleased after the first 2 listens.
Paris Sound Quality not quite as good as the Berlin one, but no complains considering I was not Aware that this recording even existed.
Very much enjoying the East Berlin one, somehow the Tangram influences seem more obvious than on the Quichotte/Pergamon release. The encore is not that exciting, but still good to hear the complete recording.
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Received that "official bootleg volume 2" yesterday, first listen today (only disc 1 so far).

The sound is quite good indeed (for a 1978 recording). A nice track with parts of Cyclone everywhere and various moods. :)
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...