Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

* FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:25 am 

Hadn't spotted this before because I just assumed they were using stuff from the Tree/Leaves project. But volume 2 of this Official Bootleg Series seems to feature a previously unreleased concert from Paris 1978. I can't see it in the Voices In The Net listings, and there's no symbol in their concert listings to indicate there is a fan recording of this show. And it's not in my personal collection. You have to guess the recording has come from TD, so why then call it a bootleg? I'm hoping this has come via TD, so we can expect great sound quality. If so, I'm really looking forward to hearing it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:11 pm 

You can find the whole concert from Paris 1978 on youtube, so I guess, a bootleg exists.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:58 pm 

exit81 wrote:
... I can't see it in the Voices In The Net listings, and there's no symbol in their concert listings to indicate there is a fan recording of this show. ...

In terms of existing recordings Voices in the Net isn't completely. In Paul Fellow's Concert Dates list is a recording mentioned.
The great audience recording, which is now apparently used for the Bootleg Series surfaced in a roio collectors community just three years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:59 pm 

First impressions:
Received this a few days ago; very pleased after the first 2 listens.
Paris Sound Quality not quite as good as the Berlin one, but no complains considering I was not Aware that this recording even existed.
Very much enjoying the East Berlin one, somehow the Tangram influences seem more obvious than on the Quichotte/Pergamon release. The encore is not that exciting, but still good to hear the complete recording.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:24 am 

Received that "official bootleg volume 2" yesterday, first listen today (only disc 1 so far).

The sound is quite good indeed (for a 1978 recording). A nice track with parts of Cyclone everywhere and various moods. :)

Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: