PREVIEW ON SOUNDCLOUD - "QUANTUM GATE" album by TD

TDludo
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: PREVIEW ON SOUNDCLOUD - "QUANTUM GATE" album by TD

Post by TDludo »

I think you should stay on this forum as long as you want to share your opinions about the "old TD" and the "new TD", Hipgnosis ! :)
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

Of course Hipgnosis should stay. Everyone is entitled to an opinion . Be good if you toned down the negativity a wee bit Hipgnosis :wink: However your opinions are equally valid to all others. Personally I don't agree whatsoever with your thoughts on the new music, new situation etc that you have been posting recently . I do however find many of your posts interesting and certainly different :)

The other aspect to this is at least there are some posts to read on here which has frequently not been the case since many posters bailed out.

It is good to see activity on the TD official forum. Hopefully there will be a lot more interest with the new TD music on the way 8)
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Hipgnosis wrote:
Dangerine Dream wrote:Hi Hipgnosis,

But this is a forum for Fans and not for anti-fans.

Respectfully :(
And pretty soon, you will say that gays need not apply, that blacks are not required, that greens are out of line, and then that _________ is not needed.

Where will it stop?

I am not an anti-fan, after 45 years, but your attitude is highly "selective" and very inappropriate. One would think that old games and wars would be a thing of the past ... but no ... still the same thing! Cloaked in a different hat!

It just gets a bit boring to read your posts Hippy..... rarely anything positive to say, other than positively long-winded and embarrassing stuff like that "I'm an artist" blah blah .

By the way...nothing clarifies why Baumann left.... there's no concrete information from the man himself so anything else is just conjecture and opinion.

And opinions are like assholes, everybody has one...but some are bigger than others... :)
Donofrio_TD

Post by Donofrio_TD »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Hipgnosis wrote:
Dangerine Dream wrote:Hi Hipgnosis,

But this is a forum for Fans and not for anti-fans.

Respectfully :(
And pretty soon, you will say that gays need not apply, that blacks are not required, that greens are out of line, and then that _________ is not needed.

Where will it stop?

I am not an anti-fan, after 45 years, but your attitude is highly "selective" and very inappropriate. One would think that old games and wars would be a thing of the past ... but no ... still the same thing! Cloaked in a different hat!

It just gets a bit boring to read your posts Hippy..... rarely anything positive to say, other than positively long-winded and embarrassing stuff like that "I'm an artist" blah blah .

By the way...nothing clarifies why Baumann left.... there's no concrete information from the man himself so anything else is just conjecture and opinion.

And opinions are like assholes, everybody has one...but some are bigger than others... :)
Careful. He's gonna write a "poem" about you... inspired by TD!! And he's gonna reply 4+ times in a row to give you a lecture about how you just "don't get it" but he does 'cause, y'know, he's a writer and he's above us all. ;)
Jon

Post by Jon »

sorcerer wrote:I do however find many of your posts interesting and certainly different :)
Different? Yes.
Interesting? No.
RAYMAN1970

Post by RAYMAN1970 »

I hold no ill-will toward anyone and try my best to ACKNOWLEDGE opinions that are different than mine. I don't have to AGREE or even RESPECT those opinions if that is my choice, but I do have to ACKOWLEDGE them.

As for Hipgnosis' posts, I do agree that negativity seems to be at the forefront.

If you don't like TD anymore, why post so frequently? This is certainly your right, since you are a member of the forum, but if I no longer liked something, I would state my opinion, the reasons for it, and then LET IT GO. I certainly would no longer participate in a forum for something I no longer liked or appreciated. To me, that would seem like a waste of time, attention, and energy, but again, that is certainly your right to continue to do so.

The ONLY reason I participate in the forum is due to my love for all things Tangerine Dream. I do not feel that EVERYTHING they have produced and released is a masterpeice. There are certain tracks or albums that I do not care for, but by and large, I feel that TD is/was the ULTIMATE in music and artistry. I choose to praise them for the things I like, love, and enjoy. I choose not to focus on what I don't like. What's the point in that?

We all have opinions and viewpoints. If I like a certain track or album and you don't, so be it. Neither one of us will likely change the other's opinion about it. We each like what we like and dislaike what we dislike for our own personal reasons. If we find some common ground and like or dislike the same elements of TD's vast discography, then that's a beautiful thing! If not, then so be it. It doesn't diminish MY love for TD and will probably NOT change my personal opinions.

This is HUMAN NATURE and will NEVER change.

EMBRACE the diversity, but just remember, we ALL love Tangerine Dream (or at least, USED to love them, in Hipgnosis' case). That is why we are still here and still post our thoughts and opinions. Let's just all agree that sometimes we disagree and that's OK.

Me personally, I read ALL posts by ALL members. I do often find Hipgnosis' posts to be negative, rambling, and downright CONFUSING at times and the constant "I am the son of a famous person" and "I'm an artist" and "I'm a writer" outcries seem very egotistic, but I would NEVER be so presumptious as to say that he should no longer post on this forum. I DO NOT have that right. When I encoutner Hipgnosis' posts or posts similar to his, I simply choose to ignore them and move on.

I have too much love for the music of TD to focus on the negative and, quite frankly, I don't have the time.

And please remember, the post above is only my PERSONAL OPINION. I am NOT asking or expecting anyone to AGREE with me!!!!
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

I am NOT asking or expecting anyone to AGREE with me!!!!
Well, I do :)

Well constructed and thought out post - very good points about the tracks/albums that people like/don't like, my viewpoint exactly.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Release day for Quantum Key! :D
ant

Post by ant »

:D Yes, really looking forward to receiving this along with the new Out Of This World T-Shirt in memory of Edgar. :D
Biggus Dickus
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Would be nice if Quantum Key would also be added to the download shop this weekend. :)
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)

Post by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) »

Insvims wrote:Would be nice if Quantum Key would also be added to the download shop this weekend. :)

Hi Insvims,

The DOWNLOAD of "QUANTUM KEY" is online now!

See here please: http://www.tangerinedream-music.com/dow ... riants.php

Enjoy the new music,
best,
EB (ADMIN)
R.I.P. Edgar - you will be always in our hearts.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ALBERT EINSTEIN
Ravnnet

Post by Ravnnet »

Thanks!

enjoying it already :wink:
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Great thanks. Will enjoy this while waiting for the CD! :D
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote: ...
That is not true and in fact it is highly suspect and uncool. What you are stating is that there is no "constructive creative" criticism that can be discussed, here or elsewhere, something that is a part of history of all arts and its critical studies. What I stated was an opinion, of what I thought would make a more interesting TD, instead of a more interesting top ten sounding song.

I have no issue with a disagreement, provided one is being honest with their music discussion, and in this case ... you are turning this into a personal thing, and not even coming close to discussing the thought/idea I had about the music itself and what I heard!
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote: ...
And what I wrote was ... conjecture and an opinion of what I thought might be the case considering a bit of history. And you are allowed to agree or disagree, and instead ... you are not capable of discussing it in any manner whatsoever except to think that the writer is not on par with your upper class fan attitude about this forum!

Maybe it's time to cough up ... I'm sure the TD folks would be happy with you making the call to tell a person who has enjoyed them for so long, to go to hell!
ant

Post by ant »

:? Have you not thought, Hipgnosis, that with several people not liking some of the things you say that perhaps it is you that needs to think about what you say or indeed, how you say it. Of course, cynics might think that perhaps you write your posts the way you do with the whole aim of getting these reactions, but I could not possibly comment!! :roll:
Biggus Dickus