Orange light years - remastered version

dream-fan
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Orange light years - remastered version

Post by dream-fan »

Did anyone get the remastered edition of Edgar‘ s Orange light years? The German shop „cue-records“ says that this is a new edition with new bonustracks, and the title list is different, too, whereas according to the Eastgate-shop it is the same recording without any differences compared to the original release, just that it is remastered.
rigel

Re: Orange light years - remastered version

Post by rigel »

Hi, I bought this recently, but cannot answer your question with certainty. I had assumed it was a simple remastering but listening to it, I suspect it may have been "touched up" here and there, remixed and augmented with new sounds. But I could be wrong.
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

any News on this issue? I think about getting it in the summer sale...
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

The track list at cue-record seems to come from the Virgin compilation Beyond the storm.

http://www.cue-records.com/product_info ... -2015.html
dream-fan

Post by dream-fan »

I got both versions now, the tracklisting is indeed the same. The new version is remastered, you can hear it if you compare old and new, but the difference is not too large. The new version contains new photos of Edgar in the inner sleeve (in the original version there were only white pages in the middle). I think the new version is not a "must have" if you already have the original version.