Mala Kunia

trekky and smurfy
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Mala Kunia

Post by trekky and smurfy »

we have just heard MALA KUNIA, and did enjoy it, however, after much anticipation, we tend to agree, not the change we were expecting, just more of the same.

however, the quantum years was announced, the australian concerts were ready to go, so a cupdisc was needed quickly, so maybe edgar and thorsten decided to use some music they were already working on to release as the 1st disc, without hoshi and ulrich having much of a chance to make an impact

we will decide on the quantum years when the new line up has settled in and another release is available.

merry xmas to you all steve/lisa
stand on hills' of long forgotten yesterdays'
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

trekky and smurfy wrote:we have just heard MALA KUNIA, and did enjoy it, however, after much anticipation, we tend to agree, not the change we were expecting, just more of the same.

however, the quantum years was announced, the australian concerts were ready to go, so a cupdisc was needed quickly, so maybe edgar and thorsten decided to use some music they were already working on to release as the 1st disc, without hoshi and ulrich having much of a chance to make an impact

we will decide on the quantum years when the new line up has settled in and another release is available.

merry xmas to you all steve/lisa
My thoughts exactly.

Also Edgar said somewhere that it was not financially viable to transport whatever this new equipment is to Australia
for the concerts. So I too will await the first 'proper' release of the Quantum Years sometime in 2015 :)
redziller

Post by redziller »

The more I listen to this the more I'm hearing which leads me to offer a second hypothesis - that rather than EF running out of ideas, perhaps they're becoming more subtle and refined (which would not be unsurprising after working for so long) and we don't always pick up on the intention. Just a thought.
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
hansx

Post by hansx »

I have it for some time now, but didn't really listened to it too good. This week it finally got the attention it deserves. It is really better than we got on years from TD. Almost back to the roots with more and more synths. I like it a lot. I hope they made some more music together which we can get at a later stage. Assume the TD story is not over yet, even not now our big leader has passed away.
Jon

Post by Jon »

I just bought this CD. Good stuff, particularly the two tracks by Edgar/Schnauss, the TQ track plus one of Edgar's tracks.

Am I correct in saying that only the composers of the particular track performs it? That's how it looks from the cover.

So that means that TQ performs only on one song, and Hoshiko on none, even though she is featured on the cover picture?

Did TQ and Edgar ever collaborate on a TD track??
pixelpirate

Post by pixelpirate »

Imho Mala Kunia is the best TD music heard for a long time. The track Madagasmala is a real masterpiece. What a pity Edgar pass away, his work with Ulrich promised so much...