New CupDisc

Thomas Mc Nulty
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

New CupDisc

Post by Thomas Mc Nulty »

Ordered! Almost mistook the cover for The Gate Of Saturn Concert cover then the title caught my eye. Roll on November!
HarryPotter No7

Re: New CupDisc

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

Ordered :D

Looking forward to hearing material from the new line up
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

nothing wrong in trying to be "first", but may be nice then to provide some Information for those not on the Newsletter - come on, you did not even bother to post the Name of the disc, so who will know what this discussion is about when the next cupdics is out?

During Tangerine Dream’s Australian concerts in mid-November we will start shipping the first compositional work of the new line-up comprising Edgar Froese, Ulrich Schnauss, Thorsten Quaeschning and Hoshiko Yamane. It is the format of a so-called Cupdisc (EP) with a running time of nearly 55 minutes and the first product out of “The Quantum Years” series starting on 16th November 2014 with the MMW Festival concert in Melbourne. This cupdisc is named “MALA KUNIA” – the name of two Aboriginal tribes - according to Aboriginal mythology - living ages ago around Uluru, also known as Ayers Rock, whereas the Mala tribe lived on the sunny side and the Kunia on the shady side of the rock.

This release will come as a limited edition because it’s just the overture to a bigger CD/Vinyl release in early spring 2015. From this moment on you will have the opportunity to take part in our pre-sale.

The first 100 orders will receive a photo postcard signed by all four members of the band, all others will receive this high quality postcard as well but without signatures. Now the sales counter is open – first come, first served. Enjoy a new creative dimension of Tangerine Dream!

https://www.ssl-id.de/edgarfroese.de/sh ... &g2=f905dc

SHIPPING START: 17 NOVEMBER 2014!!!
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

a few questions come to mind:
- will the "bigger release" announced contain all of the music from the cupdics?
- in particular since this disc is quite a big release with 55 minutes - why call it a cupdisc then?
- wasn't there an announcement that cupdiscs etc. will now be housed in jewel cases or am I mixing something up here?

Cheers,
multi
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Ordered ! It will be nice to discover what kind of music awaits us in the "Quantum Years"... :)

This is a really long Cupdisc, so should we call it a "Maxi Cupdisc" ? :lol:
Maybe the "bigger release" will be a double or triple CD ? That would be great !
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

multivit72 wrote:nothing wrong in trying to be "first", but may be nice then to provide some Information for those not on the Newsletter - come on, you did not even bother to post the Name of the disc, so who will know what this discussion is about when the next cupdics is out?

During Tangerine Dream’s Australian concerts in mid-November we will start shipping the first compositional work of the new line-up comprising Edgar Froese, Ulrich Schnauss, Thorsten Quaeschning and Hoshiko Yamane. It is the format of a so-called Cupdisc (EP) with a running time of nearly 55 minutes and the first product out of “The Quantum Years” series starting on 16th November 2014 with the MMW Festival concert in Melbourne. This cupdisc is named “MALA KUNIA” – the name of two Aboriginal tribes - according to Aboriginal mythology - living ages ago around Uluru, also known as Ayers Rock, whereas the Mala tribe lived on the sunny side and the Kunia on the shady side of the rock.

This release will come as a limited edition because it’s just the overture to a bigger CD/Vinyl release in early spring 2015. From this moment on you will have the opportunity to take part in our pre-sale.

The first 100 orders will receive a photo postcard signed by all four members of the band, all others will receive this high quality postcard as well but without signatures. Now the sales counter is open – first come, first served. Enjoy a new creative dimension of Tangerine Dream!

Well, sign up for the newsletter then :)
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
multivit72 wrote:nothing wrong in trying to be "first", but may be nice then to provide some Information for those not on the Newsletter - come on, you did not even bother to post the Name of the disc, so who will know what this discussion is about when the next cupdics is out?

Did so a Long time ago, Sir, but some People seem to have Trouble receiving it...
anyway, back to Topic, does anybody recognize a System with regards to cupdiscs, mini-cupdiscs, EPs... and their packaging? Do you prefer cardboard sleeves or trays?
Personally I would prefer digipacks.. ;)
HarryPotter No7

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

As long as the music is good I couldn't care less what form the packaging comes in or what it's called.

This is only my humble opinion of course, TD's output over the last few years (with a few exceptions) has been mediocre at best so this new 'Quantum Years' material for me will be make or break as to whether I continue spending my hard earnt cash purchasing Tangerine Dream music.

So I have very high hopes it will not be a disappointment to me.
ant

Post by ant »

:D Ordered. Look forward to hearing it but will probably have to wait until the start of December as I go on leave on 21 Nov and doubt if it will arrive before that. Still, will be something to listen to when I return. :D
Biggus Dickus
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:

It does seem odd to call it a cup-disc when it's not really much cshorter than some recent albums, and is actually longer than some artists would put on a 'proper' album.

No idea what system they use for deciding what's a cup-disc and what's an album. I like digipacks although they can be easier to damage if you're not careful.
The mini-lp card sleeves are worse for that though.
Jewel cases are sturdier, but don't look as good as a nice digipack.

I do like the gold/silver embossed typeface on the recent releases that have been in jewel cases however :)
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

Ordered this rather large cup disc ( virtually an album ) earlier this week and looking forward to this new TD music and era very much.

----- "This release will come as a limited edition because it’s just the overture to a bigger CD/Vinyl release in early spring 2015"-----is very interesting indeed :D
stiffdog

Post by stiffdog »

Will this be available as a download as well EB, or a physical release only as it is a limited edition?
Thanks, Dave.
Donofrio_TD

Post by Donofrio_TD »

Wow! TD is still as prolific releasing music as Stephen King is releasing books of whatever.

Will this 'cupdisc' be as unremarkable as almost everything they've churned out in the last couple of years? We'll just have to wait and see, won't we? But I seriously hope not. I sincerely hope that this new line-up and era brings something truly new, unique and even groundbreaking for TD. In all honesty, I mean no offense here. At all. But it's time for TD to EVOLVE again. You need "fresh" talent? So be it. But let them add something to you instead of only letting them copy/take anything from you, and maybe you could come up with a classical masterpiece for the new generations. Please drop that already tiring and over-used new-agey electro/dance muzak style. It was fun while it lasted, but it isn't anymore. Let yourselves flow. Focus again on the quality of your music instead of only on your image of holy angels or almighty and omnipresent gods or on your fame. You already are our heroes, you don't need that. You look kinda ridiculous. You're already above the Sun to us, but perhaps you need to get down to the surface of the Earth a little bit so you can grasp a deep breath of fresh, earthly air again, the air of our times..., and maybe just then you can come up with an epiphany on how to make something truly remarkable again, something that's worth our money and our souls...

Good luck with this new "cupdisc". I won't be ordering it this time as I usually do. I prefer to wait for the "wider" release. Unless everything changes, I'll be spending less and less money on TD each year from now on.

Yes, just my POV.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Please drop that already tiring and over-used new-agey electro/dance muzak style
You've actually not heard much of the recent stuff, if you think that.........
dream-fan

Post by dream-fan »

Donofrio_TD wrote:Wow! TD is still as prolific releasing music as Stephen King is releasing books of whatever.

Will this 'cupdisc' be as unremarkable as almost everything they've churned out in the last couple of years? We'll just have to wait and see, won't we? But I seriously hope not. I sincerely hope that this new line-up and era brings something truly new, unique and even groundbreaking for TD. In all honesty, I mean no offense here. At all. But it's time for TD to EVOLVE again. You need "fresh" talent? So be it. But let them add something to you instead of only letting them copy/take anything from you, and maybe you could come up with a classical masterpiece for the new generations. Please drop that already tiring and over-used new-agey electro/dance muzak style. It was fun while it lasted, but it isn't anymore. Let yourselves flow. Focus again on the quality of your music instead of only on your image of holy angels or almighty and omnipresent gods or on your fame. You already are our heroes, you don't need that. You look kinda ridiculous. You're already above the Sun to us, but perhaps you need to get down to the surface of the Earth a little bit so you can grasp a deep breath of fresh, earthly air again, the air of our times..., and maybe just then you can come up with an epiphany on how to make something truly remarkable again, something that's worth our money and our souls...

Good luck with this new "cupdisc". I won't be ordering it this time as I usually do. I prefer to wait for the "wider" release. Unless everything changes, I'll be spending less and less money on TD each year from now on.

Yes, just my POV.
Well, that`s one of the best opinions I ever read here. So it is not just your POV, I agree absolutely with you! But I will order the new cupdisc, I am too curious about it. What I don' t want anymore are Live-Recordings. To me they are boring, but any new Studuo material is still welcome