Danny Baker Just plugged TD and Ricochet

Marbury
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Danny Baker Just plugged TD and Ricochet

Post by Marbury »

Listening to the Danny Baker show live at the moment and he has just mentioned TD in the context of reading out listener anecdotes. He then said if anyone is thinking of getting into TD for the first time they should try Ricochet and they will realise that they haven't lived until they have heard it. He is a fan.
redziller

Re: Danny Baker Just plugged TD and Ricochet

Post by redziller »

Marbury wrote:Listening to the Danny Baker show live at the moment and he has just mentioned TD in the context of reading out listener anecdotes. He then said if anyone is thinking of getting into TD for the first time they should try Ricochet and they will realise that they haven't lived until they have heard it. He is a fan.

Suddenly, he seems a man of stature!
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
rigel

Post by rigel »

Wow, this is news to me. Danny Baker's first fame came from covering the punk rock era, as he recalled in an episode of Room 101 which I watched recently on the Dave channel.

It has long been unfashionable for celebs to admit to liking prog rock, so one wonders how many notables are also closet fans :)

Kudos to Danny Baker for mentioning TD and Ricochet, and not being yet another who goes on about Kraftwerkzzzz while failing to note TD's much greater contribution to electronic music.

I would say though that as much as I like Ricochet, surely Logos or Poland are more melodic and contemporary sounding....more likely to win over a newbie?
Marbury

Post by Marbury »

Danny Baker is very well read when it comes to music. As is Stuart Maconie also. If you listen to Desert Island Disks Danny Baker episode he mentions TD again very briefly. I like listening to him as he is always trying to champion the more underground music, sometimes at the cost of losing past broadcasting jobs as he hates mainstream.
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

rigel wrote:Wow, this is news to me. Danny Baker's first fame came from covering the punk rock era, as he recalled in an episode of Room 101 which I watched recently on the Dave channel.

It has long been unfashionable for celebs to admit to liking prog rock, so one wonders how many notables are also closet fans :)

Kudos to Danny Baker for mentioning TD and Ricochet, and not being yet another who goes on about Kraftwerkzzzz while failing to note TD's much greater contribution to electronic music.

I would say though that as much as I like Ricochet, surely Logos or Poland are more melodic and contemporary sounding....more likely to win over a newbie?
Have to disagree with you here, Rigel. Ricochet was a billion years ahead of its time whereas Poland and Logos, magnificent as they are, are not "different" enough to stand out as Ricochet did in 1975. Just a personal view.
Marbury

Post by Marbury »

Ricochet has a more organic feel that doesn't date. Logos and Poland are more clinical and digital sounding as fantastic as they are. I would say the latter are more minimal. I Love Logos part one, absolutley love it but part two I hardly listen to because it seems weaker with more mainstream melodies instead of the otherwordly, mysterious feel part one gives.. Same with parts of Poland.
ant

Post by ant »

:D Good for Danny. Always knew that man had class!! :lol:
Biggus Dickus
Marbury

Post by Marbury »

When Danny Baker was interviewing Brian Cox last week he played pretty much all of Pheadra in the background :-)