TDs "last chapter": The Quantum Years

multivit72
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

TDs "last chapter": The Quantum Years

Post by multivit72 »

TD has just announced to end the EASTGATE era and start ist last chapter
"which will start with a special concert in November 2014 somewhere on the globe with a different line-up – called the QUANTUM years. This last chapter will show the most advanced chances to perform purely electronic sounds and music in its most modern form. So the time of all acoustic instruments in the band has come to an end with the Phaedra Farewell Tour. Edgar wanted to “close the circle” which he started 45 years ago by using a fairly unknown technology to compose and perform music. The band went through many incarnations and stages of musical and technical developments. What the QUANTUM years are finally all about, who will participate and what kind of technology we’re talking about will be part of an ongoing information flow within the next weeks and months. "

So what are your expectations for this new incarnation - will JMJ join the line-up, will Thorsten remain a member, will Under Cover Vol.2 Feature only Vocoder voices etc.?
Laserdisc Dream

Re: TDs "last chapter": The Quantum Years

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Let’s find out together...

:arrow:
Reisender

Post by Reisender »

This is my 1st post, in this forum.

I also got the newsletter, late yesterday evening. I went through mixed emotions, when i read these lines.
Hopefully ( better say surely ) Edgar will do some great music and actions in the future, as he said in his interview, for the german television station ARD.

Let's all hope, that his health will do also a good job.

It will be a pleasure for me, to attemp on the gig in November. I have no idea where it will take place. Let's see when he announce the exact location.

Greetings

R.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Reisender wrote:This is my 1st post, in this forum.

I also got the newsletter, late yesterday evening. I went through mixed emotions, when i read these lines.
Hopefully ( better say surely ) Edgar will do some great music and actions in the future, as he said in his interview, for the german television station ARD.

Let's all hope, that his health will do also a good job.

It will be a pleasure for me, to attemp on the gig in November. I have no idea where it will take place. Let's see when he announce the exact location.

Greetings

R.
Welcome Reisender. Better late than never! My gut feeling for the nOvember gig is either in London or the other side of the Globe in Australia. Just my guess. I welcome the new Edgar with open arms and open ears. Long Live the King!!!
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
Csquare4

Post by Csquare4 »

I have really enjoyed the Eastgate years...now that this is over, I am a bit saddened. I look forward to the new developments and exploring what EF has in mind. Sometimes when he has made dramatic changes over the years, it took me a while to come to terms with, but as always, I found the genius eventually.
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

I am enthusiastic about this change. Less acoustic and more electronic. Sounds very interesting indeed, although I seriously hope Thorsten is still involved !!

Bring on the Quantum years 8)
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

sorcerer wrote:I am enthusiastic about this change. Less acoustic and more electronic. Sounds very interesting indeed, although I seriously hope Thorsten is still involved !!

Bring on the Quantum years 8)
Maybe Thorsten will be involved in one way or another. Sounds like other artist could be involved here and there. So bring on the new chapter.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
redziller

Post by redziller »

We can only wait and wonder! But for sure, there's no life without change.
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
ant

Post by ant »

:( A little sad that Iris, Linda, Thorsten and Hoshiko will no longer be part of TD. Have really enjoyed the years they have been with Edgar, especially seeing them all performing live. It does sound to me in what was said in the newsletter that none of them will be part of the final Quantum period of TD. I suppose we all knew that TD could not go on for ever but lets hope this 'end period' will last for a few years and that we have some great electronic music to look forward to. I also assume that this now means that the planned 2015 Phaedra Farewell Tour in the US is no longer happening. I just hope the November gig is not in London after the 21st as I will miss it if it is as I will be in New York. Maybe it will be there!! I can but Tangerine Dream :roll: :roll: :roll:
Biggus Dickus
Astral Voyager

Post by Astral Voyager »

Would love to see the original line up together,or a classic line up

Of Edgar Chris Franke and Johannes Schmoelling/Haslinger/Baumann/Schulze 8)
Thomas Mc Nulty

Post by Thomas Mc Nulty »

Astral Voyager wrote:Would love to see the original line up together,or a classic line up

Of Edgar Chris Franke and Johannes Schmoelling/Haslinger/Baumann/Schulze 8)
If not on stage, even for an end of concert photo shoot, then certainly it a pre/post show fan meet. I've been following Tangerine dream since early eighties, but it was only in June 2001, SBE, that I got my first concert. Had quit a few since then. Met Johannes Schmoelling at Paradso in Brandenburg. If the Quantum concert is to be "full circle" then having some/all ex members in the periphery at least wouldn't be out of place. Especially for the newer fans.
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

I'm really intrigued by the "quantum" term... even if (I think) Edgar has left a few clues about it, in several interviews.
But I wonder if I'm guessing correctly or not ! :)

It will be quite a shock not to see the ladies in the band anymore (and we don't know if Thorsten will still be there). :(
But maybe TD needs a new era, after all. We'll see what happens !
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
rigel

Post by rigel »

A lot of speculation here as to what the final "Quantum" period will entail (both musically and in terms of which individuals will be involved) and understandably so. Thorsten and Linda both play synths on stage with TD, so they will not necessarily be out of a future band line up, no?

Be very nice to see old members take part again, for sure, Haslinger, Schmoelling, Wadephul, Baumann and Franke (if Edgar and he can patch up their differences)....all the names we'd like to see involved in some way. Just have to wait and see...
MrCox

Post by MrCox »

I'm listening right now to the new LOOM CD "The Tree Hates The Forest". The third track's called "Quantal Highways".
Could that be a hint to what may come up with TD's "Quantum Years"?
Or is that just a coincidence? :wink:
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

well if its Australia I will be there . At the moment I am in the right side of Australia if its Mebourne Sydney or Brisbane. so another flight is not that much of a deal after all I have only completed 375 flights last two weeks over 3 year period .