Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

* FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:26 pm 

My package is enroute, therefore vigil :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:30 pm 

Thomas Mc Nulty wrote:
Heard it twice now. Once on cd & once on ipod. A special cd for me as I was at 3 concerts.Think the sound quality is excellent as is the booklet. When I was at the concerts I thought that it would make a great CD. I was certainly not disappointed, especially as I had not heard some of the encores such as Berlin Summer Nights and Beyond The Cottage & the Lake. To anyone who hasn't had theirs yet, It's worth the wait.

I am really enjoying listening again to these concerts I too was at three venues,
The sound quality is superb and the booklet a wonderful reminder of those summer evenings in Europe.

Just finding it so hard to accept Tangerine Dream in this incarnation is over and that we won't again be
mesmerized by Iris's energetic drumming and Linda's powerful saxophone performances.
As I had the wonderful privilege to meet the band this year I would like to wish the ladies every success in their futures.

I guess I'm just not very good at letting things go...........
couldn't we have had another couple of years like this.....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:04 pm 

Nothing here yet :(

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:48 pm 

Mine arrived yesterday. Wonderful booklet with the Cds. Currently on CD2 in the car - wonderful memories of Shep Bush.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:02 pm 

Mine arrived this morning - fantastic signed booklet. Looking forward to the music. :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:06 pm 

Downloading from shop as we speak, this will be my listening pleasure to work and back tomorrow :) :) :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:14 am 

Scoop : the next Tangerine Dream gig will be in Australia, in Melbourne, the 16th November !!!

More informations here : http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/418483/melbo ... vealed.htm

" In their first Australian performance since 1975, legendary German electronic music pioneers, Tangerine Dream, will perform on Melbourne Town Hall’s Grand Organ, Sunday 16 November. Tangerine Dream has been at the forefront of music creation for more than four decades. Edgar Froese and his collaborators are central in the development of krautrock, psychedelia, electronic dance music and new music. Supported by Melbourne locals Black Cab, this MMW exclusive performance presented in cooperation with the Goethe-Institut Australia will be part of Tangerine Dream’s Phaedra Farewell Tour."

:D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:19 am 

Tickets for the next Melbourne Gig are available here : https://mmw.dashtickets.com.au/event/view/yn8gj1md4

:)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:23 am 

Great news! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:09 am 

fgourlot wrote:
Scoop : the next Tangerine Dream gig will be in Australia, in Melbourne, the 16th November !!!

More informations here : http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/418483/melbo ... vealed.htm

" In their first Australian performance since 1975, legendary German electronic music pioneers, Tangerine Dream, will perform on Melbourne Town Hall’s Grand Organ, Sunday 16 November. Tangerine Dream has been at the forefront of music creation for more than four decades. Edgar Froese and his collaborators are central in the development of krautrock, psychedelia, electronic dance music and new music. Supported by Melbourne locals Black Cab, this MMW exclusive performance presented in cooperation with the Goethe-Institut Australia will be part of Tangerine Dream’s Phaedra Farewell Tour."

:D

From the ticket link:

TANGERINE DREAM + BLACK CAB

German electronic music pioneers, Tangerine Dream, in association with Goethe-Institut, play the ten thousand pipes of the Melbourne Town Hall Grand Organ for a sonic experience like no other.

So, probably NOT any of the other members....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:19 am 

From Black Cab's website:

http://www.interstate40music.com/

So James Lee from Black Cab is on the main organ.

No idea what TD/Edgar's set will be

Interesting and confusing at the same time.... typical TD ;)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:32 am 

MMW AND GOETHE-INSTITUT PRESENT TANGERINE DREAM + BLACK CAB

https://www.facebook.com/events/627480290706840/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:06 am 

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:

If this be the new TD line up,to say I am excited,is the understatement of the year. This is just awesome news 8) :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:13 am 

:D My CD set & booklet arrived this morning. Really nice booklet with lots of nice pics from various gigs both onstage and backstage and signed by the great man himself. Will probably listen to the cd's at the weekend no doubt with a few beers in hand. Slightly sad feeling knowing that we will not see Iris, Linda, Hoshiko, Bernard & Thorsten again with Edgar (except it would appear in Australia in November with maybe some of them in the possibly final Farewell Tour gig). Still am hoping we can get to see some of them in the future with their own bands etc. Will certainly miss them all, especially Iris's energetic and happy performances. I wish them all well in whatever they do and also am intrigued as to what the new TD Quantam phase will bring. Interesting times ahead I think. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:27 pm 

epsilon75 wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:

If this be the new TD line up,to say I am excited,is the understatement of the year. This is just awesome news 8) :D

Seems to be some confusion about who the guy on the end is... Ulrich Schnauss or a guy from Black Cab. (or Dynamo, Magician Impossible ;) )

Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8 [ 120 posts ] 

Jump to: