New Farewell Tour CD & Blu Ray

ant
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

New Farewell Tour CD & Blu Ray

Post by ant »

:( All seems quiet on the tour cd and dvd/blu ray release. Anyone heard anything through the grapevine?? Seems generally quiet for the last 2 months or so with no new updates to the fanclub site either. Is anbody out there??? :lol:
Biggus Dickus
Insvims

Re: New Farewell Tour CD & Blu Ray

Post by Insvims »

Be patient. The news mail from last week said that there will be more news coming today.
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

The calm after the tour will be holiday time. But the recent TD Newsletter announced some news for today (Aug 8th):

"... On 8th AUGUST you will receive MORE NEWS ON TD, some things are in the pipeline.....please wait for our next NEWSLETTER!!"

Experience has shown that announced new messages will arrive during overnight (Europe) - (or some days / weeks later).
ant

Post by ant »

:) Ok, thanks guys. Didn't get an email last week - don't know why. I have emailed Eastgate a couple of times too but they are not replying at the moment. :?
Biggus Dickus
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

"Yawn.........."
:mrgreen:
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)

Post by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) »

Hi Guys,

The NEWSLETTER will come TODAY (evening), on 9th AUGUST, with 1 day delay. We are sorry about it....

Please write to EASTGATE now if you don't receive it, we will update our files then.

PS: Check out the EASTGATE shop now - something new for you!:-)

Regards,
EB (ADMIN)
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ALBERT EINSTEIN
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote:Hi Guys,

The NEWSLETTER will come TODAY (evening), on 9th AUGUST, with 1 day delay. We are sorry about it....

Please write to EASTGATE now if you don't receive it, we will update our files then.

PS: Check out the EASTGATE shop now - something new for you!:-)

Regards,
EB (ADMIN)
1. :shock:
2. :D
3. :roll: No money :cry:
4. ordered :wink:
Thomas Mc Nulty

Post by Thomas Mc Nulty »

ordered! Been looking forward to this one since the London & Munich weekend. Will enjoy this one with some Thatcher's Green Goblin cider drunk from an Andechs Kloster 0,5l beaker!
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Great! Ordered! :-D
MrCox

Post by MrCox »

Fantastic news ... :D Ordered!
I'm enjoying a summer full of TD music now ... completed my TD Eastgate collection in the recent summer sale, ordered a few rare items in Jerome's Cybersounds shop (e.g. i-Box, Melrose Years and - I just couldn't resist - The Keep) and soon with the Phaedra Farewell Concerts. :D
pb2rdf

Post by pb2rdf »

Just ordered the package !!!
Can't wait to see the enclosed booklet, only good memories. :D

Peter
TD Eye

Post by TD Eye »

"This time we decided not just to record one single concert, we rather wanted to give you the best compilation on the most interesting performances of each of the titles played on various stages."

This explains the absence of any bridges between the songs played during this tour 8)
Members and non-members only please.
ant

Post by ant »

:) As I am not receiving the Eastgate emails at the moment can anyone tell me if the Newsletter mentions the DVD of the Farewell Tour, or is that not happening now? Judging by the words on the shop for the cd release it sounds like it may not be. They were certainly filming the London one so would seem strange not to release it. :)
Biggus Dickus
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

ant wrote::) As I am not receiving the Eastgate emails at the moment can anyone tell me if the Newsletter mentions the DVD of the Farewell Tour, or is that not happening now? Judging by the words on the shop for the cd release it sounds like it may not be. They were certainly filming the London one so would seem strange not to release it. :)
... You need a bit more patience: any Live DVDs in the past appeared at least six months after the concerts.

You can subscribe for the Email newsletter via http://www.tangerinedream-music.org/new ... ption2.php

Here is the recent newsletter completely:

+++ TANGERINE DREAM - NEWS II - AUGUST 2014 +++

Hi Guys,

Today we have some interesting news for you:

1. NEW LIVE RELEASE OF PHAEDRA FAREWELL TOUR including general INFORMATION ABOUT THE BAND

2. NEWS ON TD's AUTOBIOGRAPHY

3. ANOTHER ALBUM WITHIN THE SONIC POEM SERIES

4. REMINISCENCE OF HIROSHIMA & NAGASAKI

1. NEW RELEASE OF PHAEDRA FAREWELL TOUR including general INFORMATION ABOUT THE BAND
It has taken quite some time to finish the mixing and editing on the forthcoming new triple live CD which contains all material from Tangerine Dream’s recent tour through various places around Europe. Even some titles from the gigs on the Caribbean Sea are part of the package. To cover as much images as possible for you to follow the trip on and off stage, we have included a big separate 76 page booklet. So while listening to the music, you can recall some of the pictures from the shows and also lots of material from the meet and greet backstage. This time we decided not just to record one single concert, we rather wanted to give you the best compilation on the most interesting performances of each of the titles played on various stages.

But there is another reason why this recording will become history one day. The Phaedra Farewell Tour of course not meant to be the end of Tangerine Dream, but the end of an era which started with the so-called EASTGATE years. These years have come to an end now including the presence of the line-up of musicians you could witness during the last tour. Since about two years Edgar works on his last chapter which will start with a special concert in November 2014 somewhere on the globe with a different line-up – called the QUANTUM years. This last chapter will show the most advanced chances to perform purely electronic sounds and music in its most modern form. So the time of all acoustic instruments in the band has come to an end with the Phaedra Farewell Tour. Edgar wanted to “close the circle” which he started 45 years ago by using a fairly unknown technology to compose and perform music. The band went through many incarnations and stages of musical and technical developments. What the QUANTUM years are finally all about, who will participate and what kind of technology we’re talking about will be part of an ongoing information flow within the next weeks and months. For now we want to offer you this final chapter of one of TD’s most fruitful as well as controversial periods with this 3 CD document and a large-sized booklet full of rare images.

PRE-SALE NOW - RELEASE DATE: 28th AUGUST 2014

https://www.ssl-id.de/edgarfroese.de/sh ... p?p=b37952

2. NEWS ON TD's AUTOBIOGRAPHY

TD's autobiography has been scheduled for its release either DECEMBER 2014 or SPRING 2015. At this point of time it's very difficult for us to predict its exact release date as, for example, one important factor - the English translation - still is in full swing. Edgar and his crew are putting every effort into this project and will keep you updated regularly. So far the pre-sale went very well and the raised funds - thanks to your support - are flowing into the translation and all kind of processes a book of such a volume and quality has to run through. Thanks for your patience so far, it will be worth the wait.

3. ANOTHER ALBUM WITHIN THE SONIC POEM SERIES

A couple of weeks ago Edgar started his next project. As everybody knows we are celebrating WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE's 450th Anniversary this year, so it was only consequent that he chose the 'real monument' of Shakespeare's works: "HAMLET".

Of course this album will include a complete re-arranged and recorded version of Edgar's well-known guitar part of the same name he often performed during life shows. The CD production will be purely instrumental and contain some brand-new sounds. Edgar will try to finish this project in 2014, but won't bet a fortune with regard to this targeted time scale....

4. REMINISCENCE OF HIROSHIMA & NAGASAKI

On 6th and 9th August 1945 the Japanese cities Hiroshima and Nagasaki were virtually exterminated by the first generation of nuclear bombs - everybody knows this horrible part of history, which has its 69th anniversary now.
In memory to this drastic event and in memory to Mr. H.T. who survived these times and related his personal life story to Edgar, TD composed the series "THE FIVE ATOMIC SEASONS" several years ago.

If you had not the opportunity so far to hear the five parts of this impressing electronic music or if you like to complete your collection, you will now get the chance to acquire each album of this series at a special price of just 9.00 Euro until 23rd August 2014:

SPRINGTIME IN NAGASAKI - https://www.ssl-id.de/edgarfroese.de/sh ... p?p=ebf6e5
SUMMER IN NAGASAKI - https://www.ssl-id.de/edgarfroese.de/sh ... p?p=230fb2
AUTUMN IN HIROSHIMA - https://www.ssl-id.de/edgarfroese.de/sh ... p?p=47f13c
WINTER IN HIROSHIMA - https://www.ssl-id.de/edgarfroese.de/sh ... p?p=1ab992
THE ENDLESS SEASON - https://www.ssl-id.de/edgarfroese.de/sh ... p?p=47fcd4

Now that's all for today,
have a nice weekend,
regards,
EB (ADMIN)
http://www.tangerinedream-music.com
ant

Post by ant »

:) Many thanks Cyclone. I was registered for the newsletters but I just seem to have dropped off the mailing list. I, as EB suggested, have emailed them this morning, so we shall see. If not, then I will register again. Thanks. :)
Biggus Dickus