Near Dark

HarryPotter No7
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Near Dark

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

Does anyone know the reason why the music playing over the starting titles of the movie Near Dark never appeared on the official soundtrack release? It would appear Caleb's Blue's was put in its place for some inexplicable reason and for me, doesn't fit in the album very well at all.

The track in the movie is really good and it's a shame it never saw the light of day on the soundtrack.

Just curious.....
Jon

Re: Near Dark

Post by Jon »

I don't know why it's not on the soundtrack, but it is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIHAl0aGmiQ
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

Jon wrote:I don't know why it's not on the soundtrack, but it is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIHAl0aGmiQ
I never realized that that was missing from the soundtrack. Thanks.
GaryNovaScotia

Post by GaryNovaScotia »

Co-incidence. My weekly "movie night " choice with my better half just came up and this week and I forced her to watch Near Dark!

We are moving down in the IMDB popularity ratings. Each week the movies will get less highly rated and harder to watch. Here are IMDB ratings below: ... for perverse reasons I am hoping she can hang on until reaching grab bag stuff like Canadian horror movie "Strange Behaviour / Dead Kids'" and stuff like "Switch" "Forbidden" " Red Heat" "City of Night - Nightmare City - City of Shadows" "Rainbow Drive" etc.

IMDB rated TD movies/shows

Legend (1985)
Risky Business (1983)
Sorcerer (1977)
Near Dark (1987
Firestarter (1984)
Vision Quest (1985)
Thief (1981)
The Keep (1983)
Three O'Clock High (1987)
Street Hawk (1985)
r4man

Post by r4man »

GaryNovaScotia wrote:Co-incidence. My weekly "movie night " choice with my better half just came up and this week and I forced her to watch Near Dark!

We are moving down in the IMDB popularity ratings. Each week the movies will get less highly rated and harder to watch. Here are IMDB ratings below: ... for perverse reasons I am hoping she can hang on until reaching grab bag stuff like Canadian horror movie "Strange Behaviour / Dead Kids'" and stuff like "Switch" "Forbidden" " Red Heat" "City of Night - Nightmare City - City of Shadows" "Rainbow Drive" etc.

IMDB rated TD movies/shows

Legend (1985)
Risky Business (1983)
Sorcerer (1977)
Near Dark (1987
Firestarter (1984)
Vision Quest (1985)
Thief (1981)
The Keep (1983)
Three O'Clock High (1987)
Street Hawk (1985)
No "Shy People"?
GaryNovaScotia

Post by GaryNovaScotia »

They put Shy People at 18th
r4man

Post by r4man »

GaryNovaScotia wrote:They put Shy People at 18th
Hummm. Didn't see it myself. But it did get a 4 star review from Roger Ebert. Here's a quote from his review:
“Shy People” is one of the great visionary films of recent years, a film that shakes off the petty distractions of safe Hollywood entertainments and develops a large vision. It is about revenge and hatred, about mothers and sons, about loneliness."

Seems more like a "chick flick" type of movie than others on the list. You might want to check it out to keep your "better half" from losing interest (in your TD movie viewing project :wink: )
Donofrio_TD

Post by Donofrio_TD »

Never miss "Miracle Mile". It's one of the best suspense movies out there (so 80's but still quite good), and one of TD's best soundtracks.