sound mill navigator sound problem

manticore
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

sound mill navigator sound problem

Post by manticore »

I was listening to sound mill navigator in the car today for the first time in ages and noticed a clicking noise which lasted all the way through.its still a listenable CD but is a bit annoying.is this a fault on the CD or does anybody else have the same problem?no more
dont get your trossachs caught in your sporran
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Re: sound mill navigator sound problem

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

manticore wrote:I was listening to sound mill navigator in the car today for the first time in ages and noticed a clicking noise which lasted all the way through.its still a listenable CD but is a bit annoying.is this a fault on the CD or does anybody else have the same problem?no more
http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/soundmill_navigator.htm

"Noise from the damaged 24 year old source tape could obviously not be removed during mastering.
This resulted in a periodical scratching noise, ever changing from the left to the right stereo channel
that makes listening to the CD via headphones rather annoying."
drunkenmozart

Post by drunkenmozart »

manticore wrote:I was listening to sound mill navigator in the car today for the first time in ages and noticed a clicking noise which lasted all the way through.its still a listenable CD but is a bit annoying.is this a fault on the CD or does anybody else have the same problem?no more
I have a copy of the album, and have never noticed this problem.But, to be honest, I have nave listened to it all the way through ! Sorry :)
manticore

Post by manticore »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:

"Noise from the damaged 24 year old source tape could obviously not be removed during mastering.
This resulted in a periodical scratching noise, ever changing from the left to the right stereo channel
that explains it thanks.makes you wonder why they bothered releasing it.surely theres better tapes from gigs then that could be used?
dont get your trossachs caught in your sporran
drunkenmozart

Post by drunkenmozart »

manticore wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:

that explains it thanks.makes you wonder why they bothered releasing it.surely theres better tapes from gigs then that could be used?
I totally agree, when I first heard it I was really disappointed, to say the the least, there surely must be better stuff in the archives.
burningbrain

Post by burningbrain »

manticore wrote:that explains it thanks.makes you wonder why they bothered releasing it.surely theres better tapes from gigs then that could be used?
The version on the Bootleg Box Set does not have that problem.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

burningbrain wrote:
manticore wrote:that explains it thanks.makes you wonder why they bothered releasing it.surely theres better tapes from gigs then that could be used?
The version on the Bootleg Box Set does not have that problem.
The problem the BB version has is that it's 10 minutes shorter