Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject: Sorcerer 2014
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:44 pm
Posts: 652
Location: SOMEWHERE ELSE
Wow! A 2 cd release of Sorcerer 2014... Did anyone claim the cd in Copenhagen and spill the beans as to what's on it?!:-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sorcerer 2014
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:28 pm
Posts: 2279
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:
Wow! A 2 cd release of Sorcerer 2014... Did anyone claim the cd in Copenhagen and spill the beans as to what's on it?!:-)


CD 1.
1. the search
2. the call
3. creation
4. vengeance
5, the journey
6. grind
7. abyss
8. mountain road
9. impression of sorcerer
10. sorcerer theme

CD 2.
1. approaching the danger
2. Servant of misery
3. Rain and thunder
4. in the mist of the night
5. nebulous jungle path
6. distance and hope
7. jungle on fire
8. crash at dawn
9. fast ride to disaster

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sorcerer 2014
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:55 am
Posts: 318
Location: Norfolk, UK.
Now in the TD Store....

_________________
Look for the sounds of Digital Horizons at http://digitalhorizons.bandcamp.com/ and on iTunes, CDBaby, Amazon Downloads and Reverbnation.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sorcerer 2014
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
Ordered.
It will have to be furiously magical to beat my mca vinyl.


:mrgreen:

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sorcerer 2014
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:13 pm
Posts: 1005
Location: Paris/Earth/Solar System/Milky Way
And now it is :
N E W (L Y)
O R D E R (E D)
:mrgreen: 8)

_________________
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sorcerer 2014
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:38 am
Posts: 6
Oh boy oh boy, my favourite soundtrack album and in my Top 3 TD LP's - can't wait to hear the extra tracks...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sorcerer 2014
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:15 pm
Posts: 254
Location: Sweden
Are Hoshiko, Iris and Linda playing on this release, like they did at the concert?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sorcerer 2014
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:53 pm
Posts: 2127
Location: surf city, SoCal
tdfan wrote:
Are Hoshiko, Iris and Linda playing on this release, like they did at the concert?

I am almost sure they are. I dont have the new 2 cd. But from what I understand this is reworked with disc 2 being all new material (meaning old Sorcerer music that did not make it on the original album). No guitars. The new Tangerine Dream with older style sounds.
Some nice videos of the Copenhagen concert on yuotube.

_________________
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sorcerer 2014
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:53 pm
Posts: 2127
Location: surf city, SoCal
EB. . . .will we see this in the download shop? And how soon? Yes I know it is in the store for purchase. Already bought but cant pick it up until the end of May. :D

Hi tadream4ever,

SORCERER will be in the download around 15th April as well!

Regards,
EB (ADMIN)

_________________
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sorcerer 2014
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
It's landed :mrgreen: hello Bot :P

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sorcerer 2014
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
This is in a word a "sensational" release. This is vintage TD in 2014,I nearly had an orgasm when "Grind" kicked in. Incredible,absolutely feckin deliciously incredible. :P .... My emotions are running high tonight,the music has hit me in the heart,it's bloody marvellous.

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sorcerer 2014
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
When it comes to Tangerine Dream,I am easily pleased. Of all the release's I have heard,through out my many years of being a fan,there is very little that has disappointed me.I feel my mind and ears are meant for their music,I might get a buzz out of a tune,that other's would simply dismiss,but that is the beauty of music.

For me personally,this latest release of Sorcerer,is one of the finest releases they have ever composed. Forget the other remakes of Phaedra,Tangram,Hyperborea,Kiew Mission etc etc,and even my personal favourite Rubycon. The other releases all have their merit,and have a certain amount of appeal to me on a personal level,but for me personally,this release of Sorcerer is the cream of the crop.

It has freshness and vibrancy and most importantly,it manages to hold some of the character and appeal of the original release ,albeit with a modern day twist. On listening to this yesterday,I found myself in a very emotional mood,the more I concentrated,the more emotional I became,because the quality of this release hit home to me,how talented Tangerine Dream still are in 2014.

We all see and hear the merits of music in different ways,and as I said,what appeals to me,might be completely dismissed by other's. However,I think this is a bloody fantastic release,and proves undoubtedly to me,that Tangerine Dream still have what it takes,in 2014. Hats off to TD I say 8) :D 8)

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sorcerer 2014
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:53 pm
Posts: 2127
Location: surf city, SoCal
epsilon75 wrote:
When it comes to Tangerine Dream,I am easily pleased. Of all the release's I have heard,through out my many years of being a fan,there is very little that has disappointed me.I feel my mind and ears are meant for their music,I might get a buzz out of a tune,that other's would simply dismiss,but that is the beauty of music.

For me personally,this latest release of Sorcerer,is one of the finest releases they have ever composed. Forget the other remakes of Phaedra,Tangram,Hyperborea,Kiew Mission etc etc,and even my personal favourite Rubycon. The other releases all have their merit,and have a certain amount of appeal to me on a personal level,but for me personally,this release of Sorcerer is the cream of the crop.

It has freshness and vibrancy and most importantly,it manages to hold some of the character and appeal of the original release ,albeit with a modern day twist. On listening to this yesterday,I found myself in a very emotional mood,the more I concentrated,the more emotional I became,because the quality of this release hit home to me,how talented Tangerine Dream still are in 2014.

We all see and hear the merits of music in different ways,and as I said,what appeals to me,might be completely dismissed by other's. However,I think this is a bloody fantastic release,and proves undoubtedly to me,that Tangerine Dream still have what it takes,in 2014. Hats off to TD I say 8) :D 8)


Well said Colin. Looking forward to receiving this particular release and listening it to it many times over.

_________________
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sorcerer 2014
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:28 pm
Posts: 2279
epsilon75 wrote:
When it comes to Tangerine Dream,I am easily pleased. Of all the release's I have heard,through out my many years of being a fan,there is very little that has disappointed me.I feel my mind and ears are meant for their music,I might get a buzz out of a tune,that other's would simply dismiss,but that is the beauty of music.

For me personally,this latest release of Sorcerer,is one of the finest releases they have ever composed. Forget the other remakes of Phaedra,Tangram,Hyperborea,Kiew Mission etc etc,and even my personal favourite Rubycon. The other releases all have their merit,and have a certain amount of appeal to me on a personal level,but for me personally,this release of Sorcerer is the cream of the crop.

It has freshness and vibrancy and most importantly,it manages to hold some of the character and appeal of the original release ,albeit with a modern day twist. On listening to this yesterday,I found myself in a very emotional mood,the more I concentrated,the more emotional I became,because the quality of this release hit home to me,how talented Tangerine Dream still are in 2014.

We all see and hear the merits of music in different ways,and as I said,what appeals to me,might be completely dismissed by other's. However,I think this is a bloody fantastic release,and proves undoubtedly to me,that Tangerine Dream still have what it takes,in 2014. Hats off to TD I say 8) :D 8)


And that, Colin, is all that matters. I have music that others may hear and say "what the hell is that".

I have no problem with this at all. It's music I like and I don't expect them to enjoy nor am I bothered whether they do or not...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sorcerer 2014
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Indeed,Cliff. I have no interest in the opinion's of "so-called" TD experts,because half of it is utter b******s. If I like it,I like it, and if they do not like me,because I do like it,it does not mean that I do not like them,because they don't like it. I like what I like and they like what they like,but do not tell me,what I can and can't like. Simple :arrow:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Last edited by epsilon75 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6 [ 86 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage