The Keep on Film 4

Steve C
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

The Keep on Film 4

Post by Steve C »

The Keep is on Film 4 on Thursday 20th March around 1AM. Got a reasonable review too in the Sunday Times
sparrow

Re: The Keep on Film 4

Post by sparrow »

Watched it for the second and final time last year...very poor film and its only saving grace is of course the soundtrack.
rigel

Post by rigel »

Thanks for the tip! I'll be recording this, as I no longer have a video player to watch my copy of the only and only official video release of this movie (released by HMV in a limited edition back in 2000 or thereabouts).

The film has its flaws of course, but it is still a memorable watch and there are some outstanding scenes in there. Beats watching CGI tosh like Lord of the Rings anyway, ha ha. And I'm still sure that in the scene where the SS soldiers shoot Glaecken (Scott Glenn) by the crevasse into which he then falls, one of those guys is Rik Mayall!

A shame the soundtrack never got a proper release...I mean the actual original soundtrack of course :roll:
24db

Post by 24db »

That Sparrow geezer he talks sense ;) never rated the movie and some of the acting isn't the best (well before some of the actors had learnt their acting chops). But of course that's just my opinion and others love it. Too be honest the fan produced documentary on the keep (currently in production - see FB) looks far more interesting
rigel

Post by rigel »

Just a follow up to this...did anyone else notice that the version of THE KEEP shown on Film Four a couple of months ago was edited?

I noticed two scenes that were subtly tampered with:

The first is the part immediately after the second treasure-hunting sentry on night duty pulls back the body of his dead comrade from the tunnel in the wall. At this point the evil force of Molasar is released and the second soldier's head then explodes - but that particular gory moment has been cut out.

The other scene that was edited is when the SS troops arrive in the Dinu Pass and execute several of the villagers by firing squad. Again, the graphic violence of this moment (maybe not so graphic by today's degenerate film industry standards) has been removed.

The above censorship seems strange when one considers that this film was aired in the early hours of the morning. Unless the editing was done generally for TV showing...but somehow I can't see this movie being shown at 3 in the afternoon!
ant

Post by ant »

:D The Keep was shown again on Film4 on Tuesday Night at 11.35pm (1st July 2014). Recorded it again and was not a bad copy but the picture is still a little grainy in parts and the sound was not that good either but it is the best I have managed to get so far. Not a classic but is ok and is part of the TD movie scoring history. Would like to see it released officially though on DVD. Not bothered about it on blu-ray - just a good cleaned up 5.1 sound version on DVD would be wonderful. How about it Mr Mann?? :roll:
Biggus Dickus