Edgar's Autobiography "Force Majeure"

sparrow
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Edgar's Autobiography "Force Majeure"

Post by sparrow »

Donofrio_TD wrote:Ordered, too. I sure hope it's worth it and not just a lot of Edgar's rants and "philosophies", as many people have said before, because, to be honest, it's so damn expensive.
I fear the time I get this book and try to read it...If I cant understand it which is possible. I wont sell..but keep as a momento.. :twisted:
24db

Post by 24db »

rants? show me some ....just saying :)
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

24db wrote:rants? show me some ....just saying :)
not rants maybe. possibly a lot of incomprehensible waffle
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

(long!!!)

There is not a whole lot that I would like Edgar to comment on, but there are many things that would be interesting. And before I say anything, make sure you listen to his wonderful words on the BBC Krautrock special, words that I really think are very much with it, and totally about the perception of the time and place, and with very little pretention, or idealism. It's almost like ... this is it. Take it or leave it, and it has been my contention that this is what the "best" of them did, and still show it for their work.

Edgar/TD, Klaus, AD2 (though time and anger has ravished them badly!), Can, and Guru Guru, the greatest representatives of an art scene, that also included theater, and film, the side that is rarely discussed by anyone else. It was not, an "accidental scene" at all, and I think that Edgar would agree on this, but whatever "experiments" had to happen to help create that inner personna, has created some of the most creative and exploratory minds in music, and even seeing folks like Mani drumming around with folks thrashing guitars, is not only insane for his "age", as anything else.

And to this day, these folks are still out there creating different things, and that is so different, than let's say ... a David Bowie, or the folks that tend to the more pop side of things, than anything. It literally tells you how valid their intelligence was and how well, they really knew what they were already looking for, though some of us, or them, might not have had a name for it.

I read somewhere where Edgar talks about a problem with someone on a stage about the "echo chambers", and hearing more about the story behind some of these things that eventually became a cheap piece of technology, would be nice and cool, for my imagination.

All of us would love to read some rich comments about other musicians and artists, but I really do not see any benefits to that, like hearing about another coffee cup for Chris and such. Pretty soon, it's like we want to hear about Jerome's diapers, and I think that it gets ugly at that point and not necessary.

I don't think that the music he creates is about his ego. But I do think that he has to get protective about that huge concept/idea that he helped create with others over the years, but it would be nice, to read about how he "sees" his music in the aethers, and how he imagines things happen when he is putting together, either a melody or an effect, for a particular reason. I know from writing that some details are harder to detect and explain, but there is always something in that moment that is neat, that not many of us, know, is the secret behing most artists ... we trust that moment and develop things from it. Most people are too mental, and I'm not sure that you can discuss and think of "electronic" music in the same vein as notes and chords and its interplay. To me, this is a NEW WORLD in the history of music, and will re-shape how music will forever be seen or understood.

I really think we are in the very midst of respecting and appreciating all that, though I think that for some people, the commercial mentality is more important than something that might not be of interest to a person that does not have the same "aesthetics" or "artistic ideals" that Edgar has obviously been involved in, and this is the difference between them and the rest, most of whom, end up not doing much else in the world of music, which kinda shows they were "lacking" in one way or another.

Sorry about the rant ... I was born in a house with 40,000+ books of Portuguese, Spanish and Portuguese Literature, and I can tell you that if the only thing that some folks in this world think that all that paper is good for is toilet paper, then we might as well light up the bomb and get it over with! (Or as the Firesign Theater used to say ... but it's really good greatness! ... ).

To me, some of these music folks, rank right up there with the glorious names in the arts, and I find it tremendously sad that most of us can not think of these things beyond a simple chat board with nothing to say, and no meaning, except fans yakking it off in the bus or train depot before journeying to the next stop in our lives.

It's been more than all that, for me. And hopefully for everyone else as well!
Jon

Post by Jon »

Insvims wrote:
Jon wrote:I will order it, but not until the book is actually released. I am NOT so sure the book will be out when it's supposed to.
When it's out is not that important in my opinion. And if you order now it will be cheaper. Special pre-order price. And then it's the bonus disc. :-)
When it's out is VERY important for me. That means I'm actually able to read the book! :lol:
Jon

Post by Jon »

TDludo wrote:
Insvims wrote:
Jon wrote:I will order it, but not until the book is actually released. I am NOT so sure the book will be out when it's supposed to.
When it's out is not that important in my opinion. And if you order now it will be cheaper. Special pre-order price. And then it's the bonus disc. :-)
Exactly ! It's great to be in that project now, even if we have to wait till June 2015... :)
I have no desire to "be in the project". I'm just a reader. 8)
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

TDludo wrote:
Insvims wrote:
Jon wrote: When it's out is not that important in my opinion. And if you order now it will be cheaper. Special pre-order price. And then it's the bonus disc. :-)
Exactly ! It's great to be in that project now, even if we have to wait till June 2015... :)
I have no desire to "be in the project". I'm just a reader. 8)
I like everything I can pay for early. Especially when you can save money by doing it. I like to have the bills out of the way. If I go on holidays, I book and pay for my trip, and as much as possible of the other expenses, as far ahead as possible. When I order a TD autobiography, I like to pay for it, to get the expenses out of the way as early as possible. ;-)
When the time for my holiday comes, I have no expenses. When the book is released, I don't have to bother paying for it. ;-)
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

I don't think it is too expensive considering that you get two CDs and a 500+ pages hardcover book.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

tdfan wrote:I don't think it is too expensive considering that you get two CDs and a 500+ pages hardcover book.
Agree. Considering all we get, and the amount of work over many years put into the book, I think it is cheap.
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

so, does anybody know: the Bonus disc for the first 500 buyers- will we get this before the book release or will it be sent out together with the book?
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)

Post by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) »

multivit72 wrote:so, does anybody know: the Bonus disc for the first 500 buyers- will we get this before the book release or will it be sent out together with the book?
It will definitely be sent out with the book!!

Regards,
EB (ADMIN)
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ALBERT EINSTEIN
stoobie

Post by stoobie »

Has the first 500 buyers been reached? I am thinking of getting my order in soon.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

So 2014 has come and gone. Well, 4 more days left till 2015. No word on how the autobiography coming along. I'm sure we will see it by springtime. Fingers crossed. But maybe with the new Quantum chapter just beginning it may be put on the back burner for another 3 years.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
redziller

Post by redziller »

EF ain't making relays in a coms company.

It takes the time it takes I guess.
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
projekt-elektronik

Post by projekt-elektronik »

tdream4ever wrote: [...] But maybe with the new Quantum chapter just beginning it may be put on the back burner for another 3 years.
In this case I am going to ask for a refund. I can't see any point in paying for some vapourware which ultimately doesn't materialize -- which would be exactly what I anticipated to happen.
"Den Brüdern trau ich nicht. Den Brüdern trau ich nicht! Kommt alles vom Tonband." (Edgar Froese -- Signale aus der Schwäbischen Straße)