Edgar's Autobiography "Force Majeure"

multivit72
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Edgar's Autobiography "Force Majeure"

Post by multivit72 »

From the newsletter:

Please apologize the delay in informing you about the status of the autobiography, but we had to wait for diverse communication concerning different aspects of the book in order to give you a halfway realistic release date.

We had to learn, for example, that the translation into English language will take much more time as we originally thought. As Edgar didn't only write a succession of biographical data but aspired to give literary form to his material, the translation will definitely take more time - presumably some more months. In any case the German and the English version will be released at the same time.

Another aspect relates to the fact that several publishing companies surprisingly contacted us and striving to negotiate about a release in their publishing houses - prepared to accept Edgar's main condition "not to change a single word or the format and scope of his autobiography". So all these new developments and some other are factors contributing to a delay of this release. Finally, we will know a realistic release date in spring 2015 and will inform you once again then. We also know that many of you are disappointed now, but this autobiography is a very complex and important work, a book of more than 500 pages with many so far unreleased photos and much more - it's definitely worth the wait, demands special attention in all respects and will be the only authorized biography about the band Tangerine Dream on the market.

Of course, those who cannot or won't wait any longer for the book, will be refunded their money immediately and without hesitation - just send an email to EASTGATE regarding your cancellation. But please keep in mind that you will then lose the special pre-sale price and the additional CD or EP which will come with the book.

So far we like to express our warmest thanks to all those fans who made this special project possible by pre-financing it through their book order, which allowed us, for example, a financial scope for researches, expensive translations and some renovation of photo material.
projekt-elektronik

Post by projekt-elektronik »

Thanks for the update, I think this was badly needed in order to avoid bad feelings. I will keep waiting patiently.

I for one hope that the first issue will be published by TDI directly because this is what I want to endorse through my financial contribution. I also hope that there will be *a lot* of photos.
"Den Brüdern trau ich nicht. Den Brüdern trau ich nicht! Kommt alles vom Tonband." (Edgar Froese -- Signale aus der Schwäbischen Straße)
Jon

Post by Jon »

Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Let it take the time that it takes to release a great product. No worries here. Ordered and paid for. Sometime in 2015 we will get this autobiography with the additional music disc! :D
projekt-elektronik

Post by projekt-elektronik »

I can do without the discs. All I am interested in is the book, and this is what I paid for in the first place.

Let's not paint the devil onto the wall (as they say in German) but what if Edgar's health won't allow him to finish the work? Who else can carry on the workload for him?
"Den Brüdern trau ich nicht. Den Brüdern trau ich nicht! Kommt alles vom Tonband." (Edgar Froese -- Signale aus der Schwäbischen Straße)
Jon

Post by Jon »

projekt-elektronik wrote:I can do without the discs. All I am interested in is the book
Same here.
Jon

Post by Jon »

projekt-elektronik wrote:Let's not paint the devil onto the wall (as they say in German) but what if Edgar's health won't allow him to finish the work? Who else can carry on the workload for him?
Good point.
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Jon wrote:
projekt-elektronik wrote:Let's not paint the devil onto the wall (as they say in German) but what if Edgar's health won't allow him to finish the work? Who else can carry on the workload for him?
Good point.
But the answer is obvious : nobody !
I think we don't really want to imagine such a thing...
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
Peter Beasley

Post by Peter Beasley »

According to the newsletter the delay is due to the lengthy translation, interest from publishing companies and 'some other factors'. There's no suggestion that Edgar hasn't finished the writing.
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

Jon wrote:
projekt-elektronik wrote:I can do without the discs. All I am interested in is the book
Same here.
different here ;) I would not have pre-ordered without the promise of an Exclusive CD...
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

multivit72 wrote:
Jon wrote:
Same here.
different here ;) I would not have pre-ordered without the promise of an Exclusive CD...
Would have ordered it anyway, but the exclusive CD is very important for the complete experience. Really looking forward to both book and CD!
redziller

Post by redziller »

The book's a one off I guess so important but I don't want to miss any new music for sure, even when there is already so much.
Peter Beasley wrote:According to the newsletter the delay is due to the lengthy translation, interest from publishing companies and 'some other factors'. There's no suggestion that Edgar hasn't finished the writing.
Good point.
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

Anyone know, or have any idea, if this is coming, going or anything?

I would have liked to read it since there were many stories that Edgar himself had given here and there that were very funny ... and worth the read!
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)

Post by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) »

Hipgnosis wrote:Hi,

I would have liked to read it since there were many stories that Edgar himself had given here and there that were very funny ... and worth the read!

Hi Hipgnosis,

The AUTOBIOGRAPHY is coming - definitely this year, probably within the next months!
Bianca - Edgars wife - is already working on it, she will add some more interesting things, there is still a lot to do, the translation isn't ready yet etc. etc., so it will take a bit more time which we should give her.

Regards,
EB (ADMIN)
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ALBERT EINSTEIN
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Hipgnosis wrote:Hi,

impatient :roll: :cry: