GTA V

har
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: GTA V

Post by har »

Just got an email from Spotify stating that the following is now on Spotify.

Listening now to the album.

Holy smoke , two tracks in this is indeed effin stunning !!!!!!!!!!!!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
har

Post by har »

"The Music of Grand Theft Auto V, Vol. 2: The Score by Tangerine Dream is now available on Spotify!"

All tracks listed on spotify are credited to;

Tangerine Dream, Woody Jackson, The Alchemist, Oh No, and DJ Shadow. And as stated previously in this thread, massive amount of TD orientation in every track so far.

Track 3 also stunning - "A Haze of Patriotic Fervour" must have been written North of Hadrians Wall that one :wink:

This music is going to be massive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

Downloaded from Itunes @£7.99.....music is top class.....Edgar has produced some stunning compositions 8) 8) 8) :) :arrow: IMHO :!:
24db

Post by 24db »

Volume 2: The Score
GTAV is the first entry in the series to feature a dynamic original score composed and engineered to be completely responsive to the player’s actions within both missions and open world gameplay. The score was composed in a one-time collaboration between a team of legendary producers and composers including vanguard German electronic band Tangerine Dream, Woody Jackson (Red Dead Redemption, L.A. Noire) and renowned hip-hop producers The Alchemist and Oh No. For The Music of Grand Theft Auto V: Volume 2, the stems of the game’s interactive score are layered, mixed and arranged into an album of songs by acclaimed producer and DJ, DJ Shadow.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

prophetfive wrote:Downloaded from Itunes @£7.99.....music is top class.....Edgar has produced some stunning compositions 8) 8) 8) :) :arrow: IMHO :!:

8) 8) 8) :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

The Grip - some similarities with parts of Drunken Mozart In The Desert
drunkenmozart

Post by drunkenmozart »

The music is absolutely stunning !!!!!!!! Love it :D especially North Yankton Memories. :D
exit81

Post by exit81 »

I'm looking at the 22 tracks listed on Volume 2: The Score on Spotify....seems a bit confusing as to what is TD and what is the other artists, or am I missing something?
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

exit81 wrote:I'm looking at the 22 tracks listed on Volume 2: The Score on Spotify....seems a bit confusing as to what is TD and what is the other artists, or am I missing something?
I think that all tracks were made "by all musical collaborators" (various elements were mixed by the producer at the end)... That's what I understood !
So we can't say what is "completely by TD" or not, even if some tracks are "mostly by TD"...
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
r4man

Post by r4man »

24db wrote:Volume 2: The Score
GTAV is the first entry in the series to feature a dynamic original score composed and engineered to be completely responsive to the player’s actions within both missions and open world gameplay. The score was composed in a one-time collaboration between a team of legendary producers and composers including vanguard German electronic band Tangerine Dream, Woody Jackson (Red Dead Redemption, L.A. Noire) and renowned hip-hop producers The Alchemist and Oh No. For The Music of Grand Theft Auto V: Volume 2, the stems of the game’s interactive score are layered, mixed and arranged into an album of songs by acclaimed producer and DJ, DJ Shadow.
Interesting about DJ Shadow. As many here know he sampled TD on his 1996 album "Endtroducing". I remember browsing around in a record store around that time. There was a track being played that I kind of liked, but then I thought "Hey, wait a minute, that's Tangerine Dream." I asked the clerk and he told me the album was by this guy DJ Shadow who was famous for sampling other bands. The track I was listening to was "Changeling". The sample was Edgar's Guitar on Invisible Limits (Stratosfear). TD had a credit on the album and I later heard DJ Shadow and sought and received Edgar's consent to use the sample.
24db

Post by 24db »

OK a few words about GTAV the downloadable score - especially as this seems to have confused some people.

Firstly this is my opinion, others are available and of course I could be totally wrong.

The first thing that perhaps needs explaining is that GTAV (the game) uses an interactive score - ie it isn't scripted all the way through allowing the player to extend or shorten a scene (as most games of course do), therefore the music needs to adapt to what happens. So - what does this mean in reality? well it means that each composer had to fit in with what others had already composed or write material that others would embelish. As Rockstar explained, even if you're hearing Hip Hop or metal you won't be far away from TD's score and visa versa - reflecting the three characters in GTAV. Think of them as multi-tracks, all running in sync with eachother - same key, melody line, tempo etc. Now a piece of music (bar a scripted section) could be any length, so if you want to do a CD of the score you'd need somebody with great skill to bring all of these elements together (although they're already designed to fit) and edit them down to shorter tracks and still make them work as music. Who would be the right man for the job? DJ SHADOW with his huge knowledge of samples, breakbeats and instrumental Hip-Hop. My view is that he's retained the essence of what Edgar composed, but he's beefed up parts here and there, dropping in elements from each composer where needed (the same goes for dropping in TD's long bass sequencer and chord changes into music that doesn't 'at first glance' sound like TD). Compare his version of North Yankton Memories to the version RockStar used in their video trailer (perhaps nearer to Edgar's original mix?) and you'll see that's far more dynamic and in your face not to say more rhythmically varied*. In essence it's a remix of a co-composition. If you listen to the game play sections of TD's music 'in the game' you'll hear they're quite sparce sometimes, but this might be because they allow for other elements to be flown in during other scenes, creating peaks and troughs and a musical climax. Any thoughts?

* Deantoni Parks a VERY talented Avant Garde drummer recently tweeted that he had worked with Edgar - and it was stated on the TDOC that Edgar had worked with Hip-Hop artists for the first time
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

Indeed, Red Dead Redemption employed a similar tactic with respect to dynamics.
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
exit81

Post by exit81 »

Good explanation Andy, I think that will enlighten everyone. Sounds like quite an innovative way to use the score during the game.
24db

Post by 24db »

exit81 wrote:Good explanation Andy, I think that will enlighten everyone. Sounds like quite an innovative way to use the score during the game.
probably all nonsense mate
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

24db wrote:
exit81 wrote:Good explanation Andy, I think that will enlighten everyone. Sounds like quite an innovative way to use the score during the game.
probably all nonsense mate
not necessarily. Some of the tracks that I listened to I thought, Hmmm, this doesn't sound like Edgar/TD. But on subsequent listens there are recognisable chord structures
and sounds that DO appear to be TD style.

But, as you say, probably all nonsense :)