Vanishing Blue

Jon
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Vanishing Blue

Post by Jon »

I just heard this track for the first time some weeks ago. Totally superb tune! I wonder why on earth it wasn't released around the time it was written, 1986.
I also have a strong feeling Edgar didn't have too much to do with this one. It's very Franke.

Opinions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzUgcxiyP9U
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

It is a great track Jon.....I did read somwhere there is an awful lot of unreleased TD material in the vaults that maybe one day will be released...
Erik

Post by Erik »

upon hearing it again, i'm reminded of how much i liked it too. should've ended Tyger actually.
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

It's a wonderful piece of music, Jon. And that track describes my feelings today, so I have played it a few times.
I am so sad for what has happened to Edgar and Linda, and I hope they get well soon!
All the best.
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

It's got a touch of Celestine about it IMHO.
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
Jon

Post by Jon »

sparrow wrote:It is a great track Jon.....I did read somwhere there is an awful lot of unreleased TD material in the vaults that maybe one day will be released...
Well, I guess much of the unreleased material has been released by now. Even the TD vaults must be empty one day.
Jon

Post by Jon »

was Vanishing Blue ever played live?
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Jon wrote:
sparrow wrote:It is a great track Jon.....I did read somwhere there is an awful lot of unreleased TD material in the vaults that maybe one day will be released...
Well, I guess much of the unreleased material has been released by now. Even the TD vaults must be empty one day.
EMI have a lot of stuff in the vaults...
Erik

Post by Erik »

Jon wrote:was Vanishing Blue ever played live?
i don't think it ever was. nor were Beach Bay Bunker, Valley of the Sun, or Red Morpho.
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

Vanishing Blue is a beautiful track indeed, Jon. And I love the fifth CD from the Dreamroots Collection anyway. Do you know the whole CD now ?
I wonder why they didn't release this before the box-set.... nor rereleased it since, as the four tracks are very good and two are outstanding.
I don't know really who composed this or that on this 4 track CD... I thought Franke might do what I prefer but it's not sure, especially as he did some fairly different music just afterwards, after he quit TD.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Marc M wrote:Vanishing Blue is a beautiful track indeed, Jon. And I love the fifth CD from the Dreamroots Collection anyway. Do you know the whole CD now ?
I wonder why they didn't release this before the box-set.... nor rereleased it since, as the four tracks are very good and two are outstanding.
I don't know really who composed this or that on this 4 track CD... I thought Franke might do what I prefer but it's not sure, especially as he did some fairly different music just afterwards, after he quit TD.
No, I still don't have the whole CD.

I think Vanishing Blue has quite a few similarities with Franke's Klemania album.
PurpleTwilight

Re: Vanishing Blue

Post by PurpleTwilight »

I bought this mp3 the other day, and I'm really fond of it. I would argue that it sounds quite mature compared to the stuff on Underwater Sunlight (which I love, by the way). While I agree with Jon that it probably isn't an Edgar composition, it must have been embellished during the 90's. The harpsichord preset is clearly from 1986, but the pads and strings sound like newer technology. I'd describe it as a lovely 80's song with a Goblins Club/Oasis-esque paint job. Not sure if anyone would agree, but I thought I'd throw that out there.
24db

Post by 24db »

the last truly great track from Chris
rigel

Post by rigel »

PurpleTwilight wrote:I bought this mp3 the other day, and I'm really fond of it. I would argue that it sounds quite mature compared to the stuff on Underwater Sunlight (which I love, by the way). While I agree with Jon that it probably isn't an Edgar composition, it must have been embellished during the 90's. The harpsichord preset is clearly from 1986, but the pads and strings sound like newer technology. I'd describe it as a lovely 80's song with a Goblins Club/Oasis-esque paint job. Not sure if anyone would agree, but I thought I'd throw that out there.
I bought the Dream Roots collection box set when it came out in the mid 1990s. I love Vanishing Blue as well, but I do remember thinking that this track has been added to and/or rerecorded much later - there's no way that what we are listening to is from 1986!! So I think what you've said above is quite right. The track may well have been composed back then, but otherwise it's another Green Desert :wink:
rigel

Post by rigel »

...I should really add that it is nevertheless a beautiful piece of music. I love the way it gently builds at the beginning, and the way the track drifts off sadly at the end is very moving - it's one of TD's most evocative compositions I think.