V/A CD lot (all featuring TD) on eBay

TheXFactor
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

V/A CD lot (all featuring TD) on eBay

Post by TheXFactor »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300845725356?ss ... 1555.l2649

Much, much more to come in the weeks and month ahead, including all kinds of recently (last 3 weeks) discovered press/promotional material. Fans of the TANGENTS Box Set in particular will have the opportunity for a one-of-a-kind item from Virgin Records associated with the release that will be bundled with both the white and green colored promo CDs. Even though I was told that- among ALL the TD fans in the world- there are two collectors who wouldn't want to have to buy the CDs just to get the other item and I should modify my planned listing **specifically** to accommodate said two collectors. :roll: Oy.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

totally overpriced for what? what the hell r ya thinking about here?
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Must agree about price...Wouldn't bid for that much. I do see a lot of overpricing on the bay these days. Bargains getting more and more diffcult to find unless looking for mainstream music.
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

sparrow wrote:Must agree about price...Wouldn't bid for that much. I do see a lot of overpricing on the bay these days. Bargains getting more and more diffcult to find unless looking for mainstream music.

Because $7 (per disc) for a brand new OOP CD isn't a bargain... :roll:

You are aware that these are discs FULL of music, right? Not just the TD tracks?
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

I've got two of these cds, but haven't listened to them for years :oops:
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

TheXFactor wrote:
sparrow wrote:Must agree about price...Wouldn't bid for that much. I do see a lot of overpricing on the bay these days. Bargains getting more and more diffcult to find unless looking for mainstream music.

Because $7 (per disc) for a brand new OOP CD isn't a bargain... :roll:

You are aware that these are discs FULL of music, right? Not just the TD tracks?
You'd probably get better interest by selling the individual discs rather than as a job lot.
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

GlynRichards wrote:I've got two of these cds, but haven't listened to them for years :oops:

Yeah, me neither lol!! I do have to admit however that when looking over each compilation, it's obvious that someone took the time to try and assemble a cohesive package rather than just throw a bunch of songs together.
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:You'd probably get better interest by selling the individual discs rather than as a job lot.

That's a good suggestion as well, and to be honest I've had luck listing both different ways. The per disc cost with lots are always lower because I'm looking move stuff quickly, which translates into a better deal for the buyer. Of course, I've just been told that despite 12+ years of selling on eBay and having 100% positive feedback from over 700 different people that I- and everyone else in the entire world apparently- have no idea "what works and what doesn't" as far as eBay goes. So I guess all those sales have been for nothing lol!!
moonloop

Post by moonloop »

Personally, I've always found it tough to shift compilation CDs on Ebay (10 years and 2400+ positive feedback :wink: ). Usually they need to be either dirt cheap or contain something exclusive which would attract the anorak collector (and be advertised accordingly).

Looking at your ad, it's certainly not cheap and I don't know TD well enough to know whether the tracks are exclusive or not so maybe if they don't sell, re-list with some further detail.

I'd also state which one has the drill hole as (when I was a collector) I wouldn't touch anything with import cuts/holes. But that's just me....

Good luck anyway 8)
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

moonloop wrote:Looking at your ad, it's certainly not cheap and I don't know TD well enough to know whether the tracks are exclusive or not so maybe if they don't sell, re-list with some further detail.

Based on the amount of interest (via messages through eBay, I mean), it doesn't seem like anyone watching the listing has an issue with the price. In fact, the only place I get told my prices are "too high" is here. First for the Franke Sonic Images sampler CDs (sold), then the Schulze poster (sold), now this lot of comp CDs, and I'm sure with every other thing I list that's TD related there's going to be someone who thinks I'm asking too much and lamenting why I'm not listing an original pressing of the MACULA TRANSFER CD for $5 because it's "a buyer's market". At least I never bought a lot of superfluous merchandise ("vintage" coffee mugs come to mind) that I'm stuck with. Can you imagine? :lol:

I've actually done really well with comp CDs like this- the average selling price is $10. So, definitely more than I'm asking in this instance.

Thanks for the suggestions however, and I'm curious to check out your current listings (if you have any) so please let me know what your seller ID is (or post a link to your store).
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Here's what I've got on ebay at the moment :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/cliff.proctor ... 7675.l2562

(member for 12 years and 1660 positive feedback :) )
moonloop

Post by moonloop »

TheXFactor wrote: [I'm curious to check out your current listings (if you have any) so please let me know what your seller ID is (or post a link to your store).
Link here :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/moonloop_the_ ... 7675.l2562

Most of what I wanted to sell has gone over the last 4 or 4 years. What's left now is mostly stuff I've found at the back of cupboards or CDs I've replaced with remasters etc.

Cheers

8)
Jon

Post by Jon »

I have Celestial Journey 1. Had no idea there was a volume 2.

The Omni and Miramar collections have lots of good stuff on them too.