== NEW ITEMS POSTPONED....==

Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

== NEW ITEMS POSTPONED....==

Post by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) »

Hi Guys,
Unfortunately bad news: The delivery of the new items (Berlin/Budapest CD/DVD) we received today and should have been mailed out tomorrow contained some major errors and we therefore had to immediately investigate within the pressing plant. This was very annoying for us but the mistakes happened within the overall sound quality and were in no way acceptable. By investigating about this failure it became very apparent that it was a pressing mistake. Please accept our apologies for this kind of event but it obviously happened out of our control. We will of course immediately inform you after receiving the new shipping date (we reckon with about 14 days maximum).
As we feel responsible for our customers and fans of our music we would like to add at least to all orders received so far a little comfort in the form of a signed new postcard. 20 of those postcards will be stamped on the back side (red stamp) and the lucky recipient of such a stamped postcard will get a voucher for two further products (CD/DVD/Shirt/Poster/Zoomo) from our Eastgate shop.
It’s still worth waiting for the dream….
Kind regards,
Einstein’s Barber (ADMIN)
Last edited by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ALBERT EINSTEIN
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Fair enough...the vigil continues :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

No worries,it will be worth the wait :arrow:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Forgot that the CDs and DVDs were being sent out tomorrow so would have been none the wiser. :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
ant

Post by ant »

:( Thanks for letting us know EB and for the little 'extra' we will receive when they do come through. Obviously they do not have any quality checks before they dispatch their products. Very poor. I hope you all receive suitable compensation!! Anyway look forward to receiving everything in the next few weeks. :)
Biggus Dickus
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Sorry guys. But I have to banter here.

First this is NOT TD's fault. This is a pressing error. But it does go back to the band Tangerine Dream's name. This looks bad (or not so good) for TD, even if its not their fault. For the fans here on this forum, we are the true hard fans. True there are a lot of Dream fans in the world. But we here are on this site everyday and post almost everyday. So for those who get on this site to pre-order the merch should be acknowledged as such. Yes the signed postcards are nice, but only 20 of us will get a freebie. And not the rest. Who will the 20 be? Forget about the postcard. I think all of us who pre-ordered should be be offered the same. It's not about getting a free gift. It's about everyone should be acknowledged as the same. I don't know how many pre-ordered the items. Maybe make the offer the same to all of us who pre-ordered. If the cost is too much then maybe make the album as a download (in the download shop)to those who pre-ordered free. That way everybody is happy. After all this is about customer service. I know this is not a BIG deal to a lot of us. Another 2 week delay. I think for some it takes longer to get their items then it does to get to America. So I get my TD goodies sometime around or after Thanksgiving here in America. I have to wait a few more weeks. No big deal to me. But the offer that only 20 will get a free item later! NOt all of us. In the airline industry if a plane cancels then all customers on that flight will get a coupon for a hotel or a flight on another plane or a free meal. Everybody. Dont make it unfair to some. Make it fair to all. Or dont make the offer!

Sorry for the banter. But I'm on Starbucks coffee right now.
And this is not against Edgar, Bianca or the band Tangerine Dream. This is about being fair to all of us. I would be okay with a download of the Budapest concert. Maybe they should be looking for somebody else to do the pressing for the DVD's and CD's.

Didn't this happen before? Not long ago I believe.

I hope I don't get banned from the forum!! :roll:
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
ant

Post by ant »

:) To be honest as this was not a fault by TD or Eastgate and is beyond their control, they do not have to give any of us anything extra. If they decide to do something then I suppose it is up to them how they do it. I would imagine it will be the first twenty who pre-ordered, which seems fair to me. To expect them to do it for all pre-orders would probably be a bit expensive for them. I can see your point but once again it is a case of 'damned if you do or damned if you don't'. :)
Biggus Dickus
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

ant wrote::) To be honest as this was not a fault by TD or Eastgate and is beyond their control, they do not have to give any of us anything extra. If they decide to do something then I suppose it is up to them how they do it. I would imagine it will be the first twenty who pre-ordered, which seems fair to me. To expect them to do it for all pre-orders would probably be a bit expensive for them. I can see your point but once again it is a case of 'damned if you do or damned if you don't'. :)
I totally agree with you. Yes I'm sure it would be expensive to give to all those who pre-ordered. But it is also unfair to those after 20 who pre-ordered the dvd too. Then make an offer that is more reasonable. Maybe a free download of the album to those who will have to wait another two or three weeks. A signed postcard is nice. But it's only a keepsake. To some it's great. How many times have I tried to be the first 20 to pre-order. I'd rather have music or something I can use. What am I going to do with a signed postcard?
Make it fair to all or none at all. We all here are equal in that we are a big part of this fan based site. Why would I fly across the pond every year to see my favorite band to perform live? Because I live the Dream.

If TD has to take a loss on the cost, then so be it. They should look into somebody else to do the pressing of cd's and dvd's. A company that does crappy work should not be around for to long. Not in this economy these days. Again I believe this is not the first time this has happened.

Thank you again.
mikewp

Post by mikewp »

TD did enough by alerting people of the delay and offering an apology. Everyone agrees it is something TD could not control, so really no effort to "make up" is needed. Yeah it might have been a better idea to not offer anything at all as opposed to "the lucky 20 " .

I've pre-ordered lots of limited edition CDs before being a film score collector, and these delays happen. My only suggestion is to get the actual product in hand before you even take orders, that way you have the stock, you have a chance to listen to a few random discs from the batch for QA.

But, it'll be worth everyone's wait in the meantime.

Just load them into the download store

:P
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

As usual, it's a case of damned if they do/damned if they don't.

If it had been me in this position I'd have offered the postcard to everyone who pre-ordered but forget the bit about signed ones with bonus free discs.

(Not that I'd get 20 people pre-ordering anything I recorded :lol: )

I've not ordered them yet anyway, so an extra 2-3 weeks makes no difference.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

As music fans, much of life is about waiting for new releases from our favorite artists. There are always new items on it's way. Delays happen all the time. There are many variables that has to coincide. Two more weeks is OK.
And now there is only one more week to go... hopefully! :D
ant

Post by ant »

:? Will they or won't they start shipping tomorrow??? :roll:
Biggus Dickus
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)

Post by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) »

ant wrote::? Will they or won't they start shipping tomorrow??? :roll:

Hi Folks,

Good news: The new CDs (Budapest + Berlin Concerts) were already shipped to your home yesterday - including a signed postcard!

Unfortunately we still have to wait for the Budapest DVD - it will arrive by the end of next week, sorry about that.
At least everybody who ordered the CDs only will get them soon.
In the meantime we will upload the download files regarding the two live albums for those who can't wait any longer.
Folks who already bought the physical CDs and like to download them FOR FREE should send an email to EASTGATE to get the free MP3 download link.
This is maybe sweetening the time until the DVD will arrive...

Regards,
EB (ADMIN)
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ALBERT EINSTEIN
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote:

Hi Folks,

Good news: The new CDs (Budapest + Berlin Concerts) were already shipped to your home yesterday - including a signed postcard!

Unfortunately we still have to wait for the Budapest DVD - it will arrive by the end of next week, sorry about that.
In the meantime we will upload the download files regarding the two live albums for those who can't wait any longer.
Folks who already bought the physical CDs and like to download them FOR FREE should send an email to EASTGATE to get the free MP3 download link.

Regards,
EB (ADMIN)
Thank you very much for this good news 8) :D
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

epsilon75 wrote:
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote:

Hi Folks,

Regards,
EB (ADMIN)
Thank you very much for this good news 8) :D
Yes. Thank you for the news. And thank you for the download offer. Hope the cd's will arrive here on the west coast in 10 days-2 weeks. And another 3 for the dvd. Sounds and looks like a dream X-mas.