TD LIVE IN BUDAPEST & BERLIN - NEW ITEMS NOW IN THE SHOP

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Chris Monk »

ant wrote::( Still nothing. Looks like it will be a 'new TD' free weekend. I have had things arrive quicker from the US than this. What do Royal Mail do with these?? An amazing weekend is now going to be just ordinary!! :(
Nowt here yet either.
:cry:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Justin

Post by Justin »

Got mine today! Many thx! Budapest dvd and Berlin cd. Yipee!
Look for the sounds of Digital Horizons at http://digitalhorizons.bandcamp.com/ and on iTunes, CDBaby, Amazon Downloads and Reverbnation.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:
ant wrote::( Still nothing. Looks like it will be a 'new TD' free weekend. I have had things arrive quicker from the US than this. What do Royal Mail do with these?? An amazing weekend is now going to be just ordinary!! :(
Nowt here yet either.
Hope you guys get your items real soon :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Nowt here yet either.
Thanks Colin. Not TD's fault. My youngest son is waiting for a post card from his teacher for good work, it was posted last Monday and is travelling 5 miles. I suspect the TD parcel is in the local sorting office.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Nowt here yet either.
Thanks Colin. Not TD's fault. My youngest son is waiting for a post card from his teacher for good work, it was posted last Monday and is travelling 5 miles. I suspect the TD parcel is in the local sorting office.
. I have not received at least 4 parcels through the Royal Mail this year Chris,the service really seems to be going down hill now. We never received an item last Christmas to a value of £65 and it took an age to get refunded. The other items lost in the post this year were of smaller value,but it is still money you either lose or have to chase. We always had a regular post lady until the Royal Mail changed the hours and rounds of employees, she was very reliable, but now we get every Tom,none & Harry who are mostly agency worker's I believe :cry:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: Hope you guys get your items real soon :arrow:
. I have not received at least 4 parcels through the Royal Mail this year Chris,the service really seems to be going down hill now. We never received an item last Christmas to a value of £65 and it took an age to get refunded. The other items lost in the post this year were of smaller value,but it is still money you either lose or have to chase. We always had a regular post lady until the Royal Mail changed the hours and rounds of employees, she was very reliable, but now we get every Tom,none & Harry who are mostly agency worker's I believe :cry:
Very similar story here. Our postie was female and very reliable but she went when the Royal Mail started messing around with their pay and conditions.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

The trouble with royal mail lies at the big sorting depots. My mate is a postman and he says thats where almost all post takes a walk. Especially at christmas time..
ant

Post by ant »

:) Must admit I was beginning to think my package had gone walkabout but lo and behold it has turned up this morning. DVD tonight I think. :lol:
One of the cd cases has all three spokes broken so will have to see if I can find an old one lying about somewhere :(
Biggus Dickus
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

ant wrote::) Must admit I was beginning to think my package had gone walkabout but lo and behold it has turned up this morning. DVD tonight I think. :lol:
One of the cd cases has all three spokes broken so will have to see if I can find an old one lying about somewhere :(
those fat boxes are very fragile I've had a few arrive trashed.
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

The Berlin concert CD and Budapest concert DVD are finally on my desk ! :D And also the nice signed card...
I will play the DVD very soon... 8)
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

TDludo wrote:The Berlin concert CD and Budapest concert DVD are finally on my desk ! :D And also the nice signed card...
I will play the DVD very soon... 8)
Enjoy the sights & sounds 8)
ant

Post by ant »

:( Got home last night really excited about watching the Budapest DVD and all I can say is that it is the worst TD DVD I have seen. Don't get me wrong - the concert and sound are 100% as you would expect but oh dear, what have they done to the presentation?? At least 90% of the concert is placed in a small picture in the middle with other other 'arty' pics on the edges. But not only that, even the concert shots in the middle are 90% messed about with by placing lines across or flashing squares. Also some tracks have a 'net' effect in the picture or even out of focus. The whole thing to me is a total mess. I know this is obviously the way they wanted it and I am sure some would say it is very clever and impressive but I am afraid I do not. Call me old fashioned but I like my concert DVD's to do what they say on the box. I just like to see the band on stage performing with no fancy camera work or imagery. Even in the sixties and seventies when they used to do all psychadelic pictures on music videos it used to annoy me and this TD one is no different. This is the first one with Hoshiko on stage and it is totally messed up. Sorry guys but please, please make this the one and only time you do this otherwise I will not be buying any more and that would be a shame. I just hope the Berlin one is not treated in the same way. I suspect that this may be a Marmite DVD - some will love it and some will hate it. Unfortunately, I fall into the latter. Still I have the CD's which I think I will enjoy a lot more without having to see all those fancy bits of arty photography. And also, I think it is time they stop using the pictures of the Whales now!! Also it is approx. 2hrs 39 mins not 3hrs 11mins as stated on the cover and there are no extra's. :(
Biggus Dickus
HarryPotter No7

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

My sentiments exactly Ant, this is a truely awful release!

I felt so strongly about this I even opened a new thread on the subject.

The pictures in the booklet are awesome and the venue looks really cool with vibrant colours - I COULD HARLDY SEE THIS IN THE DVD!!! The camera angles were dreadful, a total mess, a perfect example of how NOT TO make a music DVD.

I was so looking forward to watching this, even this missus couldn't understand why they have done what they have done....

I was very close to asking for a refund.....but will keep this as an addition to my collection only.

Oh dear of dear :cry:
ant

Post by ant »

:? Yes, I just don't understand why it was done this way as, for me anyway, it just detracts from the performances and the music and the concert 'atmosphere' is totally lost. I think what they should have done, if they really felt they had to do this 'arty' version, they should have done a 'normal' version as well and then people could choose the one they prefer to watch. This way, however, we are forced to watch the awful version only. A big, big let down IMHO. Hopefully a one-off!! :(
Biggus Dickus
HarryPotter No7

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

I really hope it is a one-off.....and that they revert back to the excellent quality we've been used to.

Just my opinion.