Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:32 pm
Posts: 170
I am fully aware this is a longshot, but if anyone has copies of either The Melrose Years or Purple Diluvial that they're interested in selling or trading, please contact me privately. Thanks.


Last edited by TheXFactor on Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:32 pm
Posts: 170
Whoever can help out might start seeing strange TD anagrams appear in their CD collection. Words such as ME-RAD and ARDEM come to mind. If only there were a way that these ENDINGS could somehow be COLLECTED...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:32 pm
Posts: 170
TheXFactor wrote:
Whoever can help out might start seeing strange TD anagrams appear in their CD collection. Words such as ME-RAD and ARDEM come to mind. If only there were a way that these ENDINGS could somehow be COLLECTED...



So EVERYONE here has these three CDs? :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:59 am
Posts: 1415
I'm not sure I fully understand. I have these albums though. :D

_________________
public class Geeks : IEarth { }


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 10:40 am
Posts: 3117
Location: In my private cryo space lounge, Oslo, Norway
I have Purple Diluvial on CD (not selling, though). Melrose Years (and Purple Diluvial) is available in the TD download shop.

_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/Insvims


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
purple diluvial is a wonderful track....excellent in the headphones


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:22 pm
Posts: 258
Location: Freiburg, Germany
I have the three single CDs from the melrose years, they are still easily available or are you looking for the box set as a collector's item?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:28 pm
Posts: 2279
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=tangerine+dream+melrose&_sacat=0

Plus. all the tracks from Purple Diluvial are on Booster 4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:22 pm
Posts: 258
Location: Freiburg, Germany
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:


but the title track is a re-recording_:
http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/_purple_diluvial.htm


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:28 pm
Posts: 2279
multivit72 wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:


but the title track is a re-recording_:
http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/_purple_diluvial.htm


Yeah, and it's also 1 second longer :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:22 pm
Posts: 258
Location: Freiburg, Germany
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
multivit72 wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:


but the title track is a re-recording_:
http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/_purple_diluvial.htm


Yeah, and it's also 1 second longer :wink:


see - reason enough for every collector to want both versions... ;)

But, seriously, has somebody compared the two versions, are there sigificant differences?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:59 am
Posts: 1415
multivit72 wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
multivit72 wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:


but the title track is a re-recording_:
http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/_purple_diluvial.htm


Yeah, and it's also 1 second longer :wink:


see - reason enough for every collector to want both versions... ;)

But, seriously, has somebody compared the two versions, are there sigificant differences?

I doubt that they could be that different in that ONE second! :wink:

_________________
public class Geeks : IEarth { }


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:54 am
Posts: 7393
Location: Scotland
I would say the version of PD on booster is better...if you compare the two they are different enough to desire both.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:32 pm
Posts: 170
TheXFactor wrote:
So EVERYONE here has these three CDs? :shock:


GlynRichards wrote:
I'm not sure I fully understand. I have these albums though. :D



I meant does everyone here have the three CDs I was offering in trade.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:32 pm
Posts: 170
multivit72 wrote:
I have the three single CDs from the melrose years, they are still easily available or are you looking for the box set as a collector's item?



Yup, and Purple Diluvial as well. I'm aware they're available in the download section, but I wanted to try and get original copies. I have to admit though that Purple Diluvial has jumped to the top of the list after hearing the Membran version of Optical Race. I can't imagine the other two (which were weaker albums to begin with) fared much better.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage