Ricochet and Stratosfear NEW 180gm vinyl

T4N63R1N3 DR34M
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Ricochet and Stratosfear NEW 180gm vinyl

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

For those with an interest in vinyl releases, this just received from CD Services in Dundee.

CD SERVICES NEWS
40 - 42 BRANTWOOD AVE DUNDEE DD3 6EW UK
Telephone: (+44) 0 1382 776595 / Fax: (+44) 0 1382 776595
E-Mail: orders@cd-services.com or info@cd-services.com
On-Line Stores: www.cd-services.com

TANGERINE DREAM: RICOCHET (2012 180gm Remastered Vinyl LP / Gatefold Sleeve - Stock # T1540739) LP £20.99
Nice, high quality 180gm EMI pressing, apparently with a Gatefold Sleeve!
Track List - Side 1 [1995 Remaster]:
01. Ricochet - Part One [Live]
Track List - Side 2 [1995 Remaster]:
01. Ricochet - Part Two [Live]

TANGERINE DREAM: STRATOSFEAR (2012 180gm Remastered Vinyl LP / Gatefold Sleeve - Stock # T1540740) LP £20.99
Nice, high quality 180gm EMI pressing, apparently with a Gatefold Sleeve!
Track List - Side 1 [1995 Remaster]:
01. Stratosfear
02. Big Sleep In Search Of Hades
Track List - Side 2 [1995 Remaster]:
01. 3am At the Border Of The Marsh From Okefenokee
02. Invisible Limits

8)
redziller

Post by redziller »

Oh man. All very cool but funds won't allow.

I'm reminded of Asimov's End of Eternity where man is stuck dicking around with time travel on one earth instead of exploring space. I do buy TD a few times over sometimes but then there are other bands.

Or so I've heard :wink:

On another note, that's a pretty diabolical website.
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

On another note, that's a pretty diabolical website.
Yeah, their website is awful.
I think they do most of their business by email or phone.

I've tried to search on the website before but it's too frustrating.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

i dont buy anything from CDS for reasons above

and these new LPs.....I can already hear moaning :twisted:
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Just ordered these two now that the deck is back in action. I must be mad :P :wink:
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

epsilon75 wrote:Just ordered these two now that the deck is back in action. I must be mad :P :wink:
Nothing mad about that CJ - Iv'e done the same :P :wink:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

bergen-dreamer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Just ordered these two now that the deck is back in action. I must be mad :P :wink:
Nothing mad about that CJ - Iv'e done the same :P :wink:

ihavetheoriginals.

but will buy these anyway :P :P
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

The Japanese originals are fantastic,superb sound quality 8)
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Might pass on these..Ricochet gatefold sleeve.... :shock: Might buy that one... :lol: :arrow:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

sparrow wrote:Might pass on these..Ricochet gatefold sleeve.... :shock: Might buy that one... :lol: :arrow:
Yeah, that caught my attention. Be interesting to see what goes on the inner sides.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

sparrow wrote:Might pass on these..Ricochet gatefold sleeve.... :shock: Might buy that one... :lol: :arrow:
was the original album a gatefold?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
har

Post by har »

Mmmmmhhhh ! Ricochet in gatefold sleeve edition.........very tempting........need it on vinyl anyway :wink: 8)
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Chris Monk wrote:
Not as far as I am aware. I've only ever seen it in a standard sleeve.

Anyone seen a gatefold version ? (Japanese maybe..)
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:

Ricochet wasn't a getefold sleeve as far as I knw.... But "Stratofear" had a beautiful photo inside, and I'm really frustrated that Virgin / EMI have never cared to reproduce the original artwork of the double gatefold sleeve on the CD's, that they sold initially for twice the price of a normal LP... even on the remaster... Same with "Pheadra" and "Rubycon". They had magnificent photos or paintings inside. And the right credits.
Whne rI think of all those remastered CD that have had improved booklets with extra notes, extra pictures etc... At least, on the remastered edition.. That's a swindle but you knew it already.
This said, Virgin's pressings in France (maybe not manufactured in France, I think) weren't so good in 1980-1981 when I bought those albums... They had a few occasional scratch noises right from the start.
One mate lent me the original Stratosfear with the origjnal Virgin logo with the two twin female creatures, it was thicker but it wasn't a LP in a good state, alas.
And neither "Ricochet" nor "Stratosfear" were on 180 g vinyl.

This said, the quality of the PVC itself and the quality of the matrix from which the LP's are duplicated and the duplication process (speed) do matter. In the years 1986-1987, I've been told several times - and I tend to think it's true - that certain companies ruined the quality of the LP's *consciously* to force people to buy CD's... I exchanged a considerable amound of LP's in big shops due to some incredible faults in those years. The PVC was thinner and thinner.. Some were so "twisted" that wouldn't even play on a normal turntable, some had high scatching noises...

I am satisfied with the available 24-bit mastering technique, which some bands still do not ask their record company to use while it's not more expensive as far as I know (?). Marillion, Uriah Heep, Jethro Tull Pink Floyd and others used it already in the late 90's

The price os those two editions is very high. Usually it's not as expensive for LP's as far as I know. Record companies are really good at swincling people.. They made us pay a CD the double of the price of a LP in the late 80's, telling the sound was much better and that they were eternal and now they do the exact contrary ! The irony in this is quite exquisite. Or pathetic.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:

My copy was never a gatefold and I've never seen it as a gatefold. Be interesting to see what they do with this.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda