Underwater Sunlight

endorphin
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Underwater Sunlight

Post by endorphin »

For me, this was my initiation into TD back in the late 80's and as such this album will always be special to me especially "Song Of The Whale Part 1". Of all the tracks on the album, this one for me really does capture that aquatic feel right from the intro which conjures up a strangely serene world deep beneath the oceans surface and then there's that powerful climax to the track where it is quite easy to imagine a whale leaping majestically out of the water - so vivid that you can almost taste the spray!

Personally I found that the rest of the tracks on the album never seemed to strike the same chord with me as SOTW Part I but that's probably more to me being totally blown away by that track rather than the rest of the album being under par in any way.

It'll be interesting to read what the rest of you think about this album.
timer

Post by timer »

It s a superb album, this being the first studio CD after JS's departure, it was met with caution, this caution for me was very short lived.
It's a really consistent CD from start to finish.
24db

Post by 24db »

Hate it...utter rubbish ;) just kidding...more sensible comments tomorrow :)
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

My all time fave TD album. My fave track is on there too SOTW pt. 2. Never tire of this one and it's one of the most emotional tracks TD have ever done IMO. The rest of the album is also great Dolpjin Dance, Ride on the Ray and Underwater Twilight are top notch. Scuba Scuba is slightly weaker but doesn't detract from TD's finest 40 minutes.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

sparrow wrote:My all time fave TD album. My fave track is on there too SOTW pt. 2. Never tire of this one and it's one of the most emotional tracks TD have ever done IMO. The rest of the album is also great Dolpjin Dance, Ride on the Ray and Underwater Twilight are top notch. Scuba Scuba is slightly weaker but doesn't detract from TD's finest 40 minutes.
Welcome back John! :D
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
timer

Post by timer »

sparrow wrote:My all time fave TD album. My fave track is on there too SOTW pt. 2. Never tire of this one and it's one of the most emotional tracks TD have ever done IMO. The rest of the album is also great Dolpjin Dance, Ride on the Ray and Underwater Twilight are top notch. Scuba Scuba is slightly weaker but doesn't detract from TD's finest 40 minutes.
That's the real pity about all the early albums - time limitation of vinyl.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

timer wrote:It s a superb album, this being the first studio CD after JS's departure, it was met with caution, this caution for me was very short lived.
I've heard you love Dolphin Dance Tim! :wink:
timer

Post by timer »

Hobo wrote:
timer wrote:It s a superb album, this being the first studio CD after JS's departure, it was met with caution, this caution for me was very short lived.
I've heard you love Dolphin Dance Tim! :wink:
Too bloody right Mick!
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Hobo wrote:
I'm only 3 quarters of the way back Mick. Still haven't got my e mail account sorted. Could you fire up an blank e mail just till I check my in box.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Classic album. Got a feeling it didn't come out until after the tour that year (1986?). So I was all keyed up for it's release and wasn't disappointed. I love the way the band capture the feeling of the under-water environment with out resorting to whale song and dolphin whistles.
timer

Post by timer »

Chris Monk wrote:Classic album. Got a feeling it didn't come out until after the tour that year (1986?). So I was all keyed up for it's release and wasn't disappointed. I love the way the band capture the feeling of the under-water environment with out resorting to whale song and dolphin whistles.
If my memory serves me right I believe it came out a couple of days after the London show of that tour.
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

A Great album especially Song of the Whale easily my favourite of the Haslinger era.
Janus

Post by Janus »

Hyperboreauk wrote:A Great album especially Song of the Whale easily my favourite of the Haslinger era.
Agree classic track Gary love it every time :D
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

sparrow wrote:
Hobo wrote:
I'm only 3 quarters of the way back Mick. Still haven't got my e mail account sorted. Could you fire up an blank e mail just till I check my in box.
Done!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

timer wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:Classic album. Got a feeling it didn't come out until after the tour that year (1986?). So I was all keyed up for it's release and wasn't disappointed. I love the way the band capture the feeling of the under-water environment with out resorting to whale song and dolphin whistles.
If my memory serves me right I believe it came out a couple of days after the London show of that tour.
I can remember sitting in The Hippodrome in Bristol thinking "I can't wait for this to come out". It seemed to ppear just after the show.

I also remember seeing the stage set up with loads of mirror-balls and thinking this is going to make the show look like some old dance hall. How wrong could I be. When they used them it looked incredible.