New "Edgar Froese Solo 1974 - 1983: Virgin Years

mikewp
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

New "Edgar Froese Solo 1974 - 1983: Virgin Years

Post by mikewp »

To be released April 10 :

2012 four CD anthology, a complete collection of this important and influential artist's solo recordings for Virgin Records. Comprising of five complete albums, plus a number of bonus tracks available on CD for the first time. The highly prolific Tangerine Dream, led by Edgar Froese for over 40 years, signed to Virgin Records in 1974, with Froese developing a concurrent solo career. Debut solo album Aqua (1974) recorded in Berlin appears here augmented with the alternative version of 'NGC 891' from his 1981 compilation album Solo 1974-1979. Epsilon In Malaysian Pale (1975) also includes the alternative version of the title track. Ages (1978) recorded in Autumn 1977 at Amber Studios in Berlin. The album is complemented with two bonus tracks including the remix versions of 'Pizarro And Atahuallpa' and 'Tropic Of Capricorn'. Stuntman, Froese's fifth studio album, was issued in 1979. This four disc release is completed with "Pinnacles" opus, recorded in 1983. EMI.

Interesting, no Macula Transfer ?

Track List - Disc 1 [all 2012 Remasters]:
01. Aqua
02. Panorphelia
03. NGC 891
04. Upland
05. NGC 891 [from 'Solo 1974-1979']
06. Epsilon In Malaysian Pale

Track List - Disc 2 [all 2012 Remasters]:
01. Maroubra Bay
02. Epsilon In Malaysian Pale [from 'Solo 1974-1979']
03. Metropolis [Inspired by Fritz Lang's Movie]
04. Era Of The Slaves
05. Tropic Of Capricorn

Track List - Disc 3 [all 2012 Remasters]:
01. Nights Of Automatic Women
02. Icarus
03. Children's Deeper Study
04. Ode To Granny A
05. Pizarro And Atahuallpa
06. Golgatha And The Circle Closes
07. Pizarro And Atahuallpa [remixed - from 'Solo 1974-1979']
08. Tropic Of Capricorn [from 'Solo 1974-1979']
09. Stuntman
10. It Would Be Like Samoa
11. Detroit Snackbar Dreamer

Track List - Disc 4 [all 2012 Remasters]:
01. Drunken Mozart In The Desert
02. A Dali-esque Sleep Fuse
03. Scarlet Score For Mascalero
04. Specific Gravity Of Smile
05. Light Cone
06. Walkabout
07. Pinnacles
mikewp

Re: New "Edgar Froese Solo 1974 - 1983: Virgin Years

Post by mikewp »

mikewp wrote:To be released April 10 :

2012 four CD anthology, a complete collection of this important and influential artist's solo recordings for Virgin Records. Comprising of five complete albums, plus a number of bonus tracks available on CD for the first time. The highly prolific Tangerine Dream, led by Edgar Froese for over 40 years, signed to Virgin Records in 1974, with Froese developing a concurrent solo career. Debut solo album Aqua (1974) recorded in Berlin appears here augmented with the alternative version of 'NGC 891' from his 1981 compilation album Solo 1974-1979. Epsilon In Malaysian Pale (1975) also includes the alternative version of the title track. Ages (1978) recorded in Autumn 1977 at Amber Studios in Berlin. The album is complemented with two bonus tracks including the remix versions of 'Pizarro And Atahuallpa' and 'Tropic Of Capricorn'. Stuntman, Froese's fifth studio album, was issued in 1979. This four disc release is completed with "Pinnacles" opus, recorded in 1983. EMI.

Interesting, no Macula Transfer ?

Track List - Disc 1 [all 2012 Remasters]:
01. Aqua
02. Panorphelia
03. NGC 891
04. Upland
05. NGC 891 [from 'Solo 1974-1979']
06. Epsilon In Malaysian Pale

Track List - Disc 2 [all 2012 Remasters]:
01. Maroubra Bay
02. Epsilon In Malaysian Pale [from 'Solo 1974-1979']
03. Metropolis [Inspired by Fritz Lang's Movie]
04. Era Of The Slaves
05. Tropic Of Capricorn

Track List - Disc 3 [all 2012 Remasters]:
01. Nights Of Automatic Women
02. Icarus
03. Children's Deeper Study
04. Ode To Granny A
05. Pizarro And Atahuallpa
06. Golgatha And The Circle Closes
07. Pizarro And Atahuallpa [remixed - from 'Solo 1974-1979']
08. Tropic Of Capricorn [from 'Solo 1974-1979']
09. Stuntman
10. It Would Be Like Samoa
11. Detroit Snackbar Dreamer

Track List - Disc 4 [all 2012 Remasters]:
01. Drunken Mozart In The Desert
02. A Dali-esque Sleep Fuse
03. Scarlet Score For Mascalero
04. Specific Gravity Of Smile
05. Light Cone
06. Walkabout
07. Pinnacles

OK, now I see this was mentioned in another section of the forum, my bad.
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

Users of Spotify can now listen to the 2012 remasters! 8)
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Yet another compilation :roll:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Just out of interest, I put the barcode from my original Virgin issue of Edgar's Epsilon In Malaysian Pale CD into the Musicmagpie.co.uk website.

They'll give me 30p for it :lol: :lol: :lol:

At the same time, I put in the code from the back of Sigue Sigue Sputnik's Flaunt It CD.

They'll give me 54p for that...... :? :roll:
la sagesse du destin

Post by la sagesse du destin »

I was listening all this week the Boxset of Edgar.
What a great sound, and what a great music.

I thought: why not a concert in the next years "TD plays Edgar Froese part two" ?

Charles
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

I finaly ordered it because I think the mistakes they did with the "bonus tracks" might never be corrected.... Somebody wrote that the Epsilon was still hissy an dalas, yes, it's true as for the first sid,e which is my favourite piece ever by Edgar, that gets really on my nerves and I do wonder why this piece especially has got some hiss noise !!!
It sounds better on this compilation than on the initial CD, yet.. THey did a really LAME job with the "artwork", yet.. Can't call that "artwork" anyway, it's just a shame. They managed to include Several typo mistakes too... incredible.... While it is so easy now to correct with the software.. in the good old tim es there was hardly ever a mispelling and it was way more complex andso much less dless flexible to create a sleeve yet !!
My LP copy was scratchy right from the start alas, it was only availble second-hand in the mid 80's when I bought it, anyway...
More on the other albums later. But quickly : "Aqua" sounds great, on the other side... "Ages" too. "Pinnacles", I expected more improvement. The first track sounds a bit strange...
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Marc M wrote:I finaly ordered it because I think the mistakes they did with the "bonus tracks" might never be corrected.... Somebody wrote that the Epsilon was still hissy an dalas, yes, it's true as for the first sid,e which is my favourite piece ever by Edgar, that gets really on my nerves and I do wonder why this piece especially has got some hiss noise !!!
It sounds better on this compilation than on the initial CD, yet.. THey did a really LAME job with the "artwork", yet.. Can't call that "artwork" anyway, it's just a shame. They managed to include Several typo mistakes too... incredible.... While it is so easy now to correct with the software.. in the good old tim es there was hardly ever a mispelling and it was way more complex andso much less dless flexible to create a sleeve yet !!
My LP copy was scratchy right from the start alas, it was only availble second-hand in the mid 80's when I bought it, anyway...
More on the other albums later. But quickly : "Aqua" sounds great, on the other side... "Ages" too. "Pinnacles", I expected more improvement. The first track sounds a bit strange...
Yes. Once again, a missed opportunity. It's a shame that these releases don't get the attention they deserve.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
TD Eye

Post by TD Eye »

Remains the question why they are re-released altogether.
Well errr, that is a rhetorical question then, I guess ...

Money
It's a gas
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
(Pink Floyd)
Members and non-members only please.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

TD Eye wrote:Remains the question why they are re-released altogether.
Well errr, that is a rhetorical question then, I guess ...

Money
It's a gas
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
(Pink Floyd)
Got it in one.

Milking the cash cow.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda