Hyperborea...back from from the dead

exit81
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by exit81 »

Hearing the (only slightly) remixed versions at the Astoria has given me a new appreciation of Sphinx Lightning. It's a pretty powerful track and is very similar to parts of Poland. Hyperborea was always my favourite track off the album though, I just love the dark mood and the melancholy solos in the second half. For me, No Man's Land is fascinating on a technical level and doesn't sound like any other TD track. Cinnamon Road is a bit of a filler, but it's a decent piece. Overall a very good album, not up there with the recent Logos and the forthcoming Poland, but still a solid collection of tracks. I wonder if the tracks were out-takes from Poland, recorded later that year?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Very true Chris,Sphinx lightning has a striking similarity to parts of Poland IMHO :arrow: got to be some outtakes there :!:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

exit81 wrote:Hearing the (only slightly) remixed versions at the Astoria has given me a new appreciation of Sphinx Lightning. It's a pretty powerful track and is very similar to parts of Poland. Hyperborea was always my favourite track off the album though, I just love the dark mood and the melancholy solos in the second half. For me, No Man's Land is fascinating on a technical level and doesn't sound like any other TD track. Cinnamon Road is a bit of a filler, but it's a decent piece. Overall a very good album, not up there with the recent Logos and the forthcoming Poland, but still a solid collection of tracks. I wonder if the tracks were out-takes from Poland, recorded later that year?
A good album definitely. I'll have to get into the eighties TD more...

P.S. What parts of darkest Nth Wales are you from?
exit81

Post by exit81 »

I'm in the small coastal (i.e. next to a polluted river opposite the steel works!) town called Connah's Quay in the north east corner. I doubt if TD will EVER play here!! :D
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

The Only thing I Like this music is Cinnamon Road. :D

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

exit81 wrote:I'm in the small coastal (i.e. next to a polluted river opposite the steel works!) town called Connah's Quay in the north east corner. I doubt if TD will EVER play here!! :D
If only they'd play in Llandudno or nearby - I'd drag wife, son and cat there (and get to see all my family nearby too!)..........