Tangerine Dream Plays Tangerine Dream

Hobo
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Hobo »

sparrow wrote:
Hobo wrote:Just ordered this. Looking forward to it! :D
I think you'll like this one Mick some great reworkings on their and hardly a duff track.
There's probably 3 or 4 tracks that will be new to me as well John.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
xenon

Post by xenon »

Hi!

Today I've bought TD plays TD trough official download system (very good idea!) and this compilation-replay-remix album sounds great. Good theme selection and good interpetations. :D
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

xenon wrote:Hi!

Today I've bought TD plays TD trough official download system (very good idea!) and this compilation-replay-remix album sounds great. Good theme selection and good interpetations. :D
I agree that the option to download is a welcome introduction, but only as an alternative to cd. I would not be happy if the downloads replaced cd (although I fear that this will happen eventually and be labelled "progress").
xenon

Post by xenon »

Hobo wrote: I agree that the option to download is a welcome introduction, but only as an alternative to cd. I would not be happy if the downloads replaced cd (although I fear that this will happen eventually and be labelled "progress").
Is simply an option: if you want a full labeled disk, here you are, and if you only want music, also. It will never replace CD, don't worry, but it's a good option for a lot of TD listeners or new listeners also. From now, CD and MP3 will live together. I also agree with some of you than 128 KB/S now... it's better 192.

More options, more listeners, more TD :D
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

Finally got my copy of TD Plays TD in the mail (thanks, Vic!), and I must say I am very impressed. I'm glad one of the Mandala compositions made it to disc (South Pole Crossing), and I think Ralf Wadephul's take on Desert Dream is simply sublime.

I also got Blue Dawn and Metaphor as well. I'm liking what I'm hearing so far. Lemme tell you, I am one happy TD fan right now. :D
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

I've had TD plays TD on my mp3 player for a few weeks now. It's a nice album but probably not one of my favourites. I realy like the new 'logos' versions though and Desert t.dream :D
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Froesesque wrote:I've had TD plays TD on my mp3 player for a few weeks now. It's a nice album but probably not one of my favourites. I realy like the new 'logos' versions though and Desert t.dream :D
I agree that Desert T. Dream is excellent and I like the version of Logos Blue. Not that impressed with Logos Velvet though, I think it lacks the punch of the original.
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

Something rather curious happened this morning. Since we only have one car, I have to drive my wife to work in the mornings. When I turned the car on today, my copy of "TD Plays TD" came out of the speakers. I had forgotten to take the CD out of the car the night before, and I was a bit worried as to its condition, since the weather had been rather cold. I was about to take the CD out and switch over to radio, when my wife said, "I was listening to that!" (The night before she had gone to a fast-food place to pick up a bite to eat, apparently with my CD still in the player.)

"You were listening to my CD?" I asked. I mean, ordinarily she doesn't really care for TD, although she lets me indulge.

"I'm entitled," she answered.

"You're entitled," I agreed. "I'm surprised."

What do you know, after 26 years of marriage, my wife is still full of surprises. That, or she was kidnapped by extraterrestrials and replaced with an alien clone. :D :?
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
24db

Post by 24db »

rotwang wrote:Something rather curious happened this morning. Since we only have one car, I have to drive my wife to work in the mornings. When I turned the car on today, my copy of "TD Plays TD" came out of the speakers. I had forgotten to take the CD out of the car the night before, and I was a bit worried as to its condition, since the weather had been rather cold. I was about to take the CD out and switch over to radio, when my wife said, "I was listening to that!" (The night before she had gone to a fast-food place to pick up a bite to eat, apparently with my CD still in the player.)

"You were listening to my CD?" I asked. I mean, ordinarily she doesn't really care for TD, although she lets me indulge.

What do you know, after 26 years of marriage, my wife is still full of surprises. That, or she was kidnapped by extraterrestrials and replaced with an alien clone. :D :?
it's the start of the female fan revolution mate! ;) I was shocked when my girlfriend said she wants to see TD live.
Last edited by 24db on Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JD

Post by JD »

rotwang wrote:Something rather curious happened this morning. Since we only have one car, I have to drive my wife to work in the mornings. When I turned the car on today, my copy of "TD Plays TD" came out of the speakers. I had forgotten to take the CD out of the car the night before, and I was a bit worried as to its condition, since the weather had been rather cold. I was about to take the CD out and switch over to radio, when my wife said, "I was listening to that!" (The night before she had gone to a fast-food place to pick up a bite to eat, apparently with my CD still in the player.)

send those ETs over to my house, my girlfriend still hates anything non-mainstream, besides that, she could do with some general improvements as well :arrow:
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

My wife's the same. She always claims that she doesn't like TD but I keep finding TD in the car sterio and I've not had much problem getting her to go to concerts. Women eh.........
timer

Post by timer »

Absolutely no problems Mrs wise for me, except for aguements over which TD CD to put on!.
This realy took the biscuit though, it's my 40th next month and she wanted to get me the D70 of edgars that was on the site!, only reason I put me foot down was that I already got tons of musical not good lying round here! (not that that specific D70 would be not good!).
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

Well spinning the TD Plays TD out here to some friends in california & its going down a treat . I still like Logos Velvet part & Ride on a ray hese tracks are outstanding espically as we drive across the Californian freeways....

i would also to have won the D70 it would have got some use along with my JP8000.

:D 8) :!: :arrow: Geoff greetings from San Deigo
Rico

Post by Rico »

Finally I am getting the album!! :) :) :)
burningbrain

Post by burningbrain »

Why are 3 or 4 tracks credited to Ralf Wadephul, Thorsten Q and Johannes Schmoelling? These are the same Versions that appeared on the Tangents-Box, but credited re-recordings from Edgar Froese?