Tangerine Dream Plays Tangerine Dream

battema
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by battema »

Rico wrote:I always considered Schulze played short enough in the Tangerine Dream collective as to not be regarded as one's top former star of the band, even if he went brilliantly by his solo movement.
Oh I agree, he's wasn't a major contributor to the band. Heck, he was more of a drummer during his time with the band anyway ;-) Still, of the various past members he's certainly one of the most active.

To be honest, I'd love to see another "what-if" TD album ala Kyoto or Blue Dawn, with Froese and Schulze spending an afternoon in the studio together. I thought the Ash Ra Tempel "Friendship" reunion album was a pretty cool little treat, so maybe something similar could happen between EF/KS as well...

LOL...now how's that for wishful thinking?
24db

Post by 24db »

battema wrote:
Rico wrote:I always considered Schulze played short enough in the Tangerine Dream collective as to not be regarded as one's top former star of the band, even if he went brilliantly by his solo movement.
Oh I agree, he's wasn't a major contributor to the band. Heck, he was more of a drummer during his time with the band anyway ;-) Still, of the various past members he's certainly one of the most active.

To be honest, I'd love to see another "what-if" TD album ala Kyoto or Blue Dawn, with Froese and Schulze spending an afternoon in the studio together. I thought the Ash Ra Tempel "Friendship" reunion album was a pretty cool little treat, so maybe something similar could happen between EF/KS as well...

LOL...now how's that for wishful thinking?
Also don't forget that Klaus re-joined TD briefly in the early 70's for a tour, so he might have played more than just drums
Rico

Post by Rico »

An "I'm not mad you took the prize away from me in 1975, Klaus" album between Schulze and Froese would certainly be interesting. :lol:
24db

Post by 24db »

Rico wrote:An "I'm not mad you took the prize away from me in 1975, Klaus" album between Schulze and Froese would certainly be interesting. :lol:
well 1973 would be nearer the mark, but Chris's involvement would prevent anything being released...even if it existed ;)
Rico

Post by Rico »

24db wrote:
Rico wrote:An "I'm not mad you took the prize away from me in 1975, Klaus" album between Schulze and Froese would certainly be interesting. :lol:
well 1973 would be nearer the mark, but Chris's involvement would prevent anything being released...even if it existed ;)
sorry, what about 1973?
24db

Post by 24db »

Rico wrote:
24db wrote:
sorry, what about 1973?
Klaus played with TD in 1973 (I seem to remember...it's mentioned in KDM's Klaus Schulze discography The Works) for several gigs, whilst Peter was off in Asia...again
Rico

Post by Rico »

24db wrote:
Rico wrote:
24db wrote: well 1973 would be nearer the mark, but Chris's involvement would prevent anything being released...even if it existed ;)
sorry, what about 1973?
Klaus played with TD in 1973 (I seem to remember...it's mentioned in KDM's Klaus Schulze discography The Works) for several gigs, whilst Peter was off in Asia...again
oh, interesting, but nothing came out of course of the year.

back to the idea, Schulze and Froese are pretty much off-topic in their contemporary style or in their "to follow" periods.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

You can read my review of Tangerine Dream Plays Tangerine Dream at this link:
http://td.pertou.dk/eng-0009.htm
batman

Post by batman »

A little different but very good re-mixe album IMO
-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754
batman

Post by batman »

Sphinx Red Lightning = very good re-mixe track IMO
-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754
redziller

Post by redziller »

Arrived today - I have to admit to being a little disappointed. The tracks I like best are already in my hands (more or less) with the exception of the reworked Sphix Lightning. I had felt that the superb 1st half of the original leaves the second rather flat.

So for example had I not looped Tangent off the IBox to death I'd be knocked over with Pergamon Sphere.

Worth having though by all means
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
timer

Post by timer »

I think as a concept the idea behind this cd is great, must say though after listening to it on and off over the past week, and Loved by the Sun stands out the most for me (shame not the Tempo Version!) all the others seem a little familiar. The Schmoeling piano though is amazing but don't hear much difference (apart from clarity) from the version on Tangents.
A worthy addition to any TD collection.
ant

Post by ant »

:D A lot of the versions here do not differ too much from the originals but there are one or two that stand out and make it a very worthwhile addition to your TD collection. I love Thorsten's take on Loved by the Sun but just wish it was a few minutes longer. By the way, the dreaded printing error comes to haunt us again on the cover notes. It says "the 13 tracks on this CD" when there are 14!! Does nobody check things before they are released - Like Quality Control??? Still at least the music's good and I suppose that is what counts. I just think a professional long running outfit like TD should make a bit more of an effort with their album covers.

Still the best band in the world though!!

Sweet Dreams
Biggus Dickus
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Just ordered this. Looking forward to it! :D
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Hobo wrote:Just ordered this. Looking forward to it! :D
I think you'll like this one Mick some great reworkings on their and hardly a duff track.