Tangerine Dream Plays Tangerine Dream

Rico
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Rico »

First impressions are good to conventional. A decent compilation, could have been more into special guests. The remix is okay by me, best fitting in a long line of new sound improvisations on cold ashes.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
burningbrain wrote:But the Versions are nearly the same.
So the MIDI-Sequences are the same, so nothing is newly "performed" then.
To say nothing.... is correct regarding Pergamon Sphere, Logos Blue and Desert T. Dream. However, there are eleven other tracks on 'TD plays TD' that are new.
Hmmm, what is "new". The album is now playing in my player. Of course I like the songs on it, if they are the same as earlier versions is not clear to me at the moment. My opinion is that it is again a sampler where we have so much of. Dream Mixes gave us completely new numbers and that is not what we have here. But that won't make it a bad album. The songs were and are great,
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

hansx wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
burningbrain wrote:But the Versions are nearly the same.
So the MIDI-Sequences are the same, so nothing is newly "performed" then.
To say nothing.... is correct regarding Pergamon Sphere, Logos Blue and Desert T. Dream. However, there are eleven other tracks on 'TD plays TD' that are new.
Hmmm, what is "new". The album is now playing in my player. Of course I like the songs on it, if they are the same as earlier versions is not clear to me at the moment. My opinion is that it is again a sampler where we have so much of. Dream Mixes gave us completely new numbers and that is not what we have here. But that won't make it a bad album. The songs were and are great,
The strongest example of a new version is Logos Velvet, don't you think? :wink:
hansx

Post by hansx »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
hansx wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote: To say nothing.... is correct regarding Pergamon Sphere, Logos Blue and Desert T. Dream. However, there are eleven other tracks on 'TD plays TD' that are new.
You mean a great track or concerning new or not new?

It is now playing.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

hansx wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
hansx wrote: Hmmm, what is "new". The album is now playing in my player. Of course I like the songs on it, if they are the same as earlier versions is not clear to me at the moment. My opinion is that it is again a sampler where we have so much of. Dream Mixes gave us completely new numbers and that is not what we have here. But that won't make it a bad album. The songs were and are great,

It is now playing.
....concerning it being a new version.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

The only thing that concerns me is getting into a trend of regurgitating old classics i would much prefer effort going into remastering old unreleased material and up and coming new material. :roll:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
hansx

Post by hansx »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
hansx wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote: The strongest example of a new version is Logos Velvet, don't you think? :wink:

It is now playing.
:D Like I said, what is new.. this isn't, I presume.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

hansx wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
hansx wrote: You mean a great track or concerning new or not new?

It is now playing.
Are you being funny? Why presume something when you've just listened to it? Make your own mind up and state your case, as I have :!:
hansx

Post by hansx »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
hansx wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote: ....concerning it being a new version.
Are you being funny? Why presume something when you've just listened to it? Make your own mind up and state your case, as I have :!:
Ohhh, you want a clear statement from me, ok. nothing new to me in my ears which could be a bit spoiled in the past years. :)
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

hansx wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
hansx wrote: :D Like I said, what is new.. this isn't, I presume.
Ohhh, you want a clear statement from me, ok. nothing new to me in my ears which could be a bit spoiled in the past years. :)
Hmmmm, really interesting that you hear nothing new. I'm glad we're all different :D
hansx

Post by hansx »

[/quote]

Are you being funny? Why presume something when you've just listened to it? Make your own mind up and state your case, as I have :!:[/quote]

Ohhh, you want a clear statement from me, ok. nothing new to me in my ears which could be a bit spoiled in the past years. :)[/quote]

Hmmmm, really interesting that you hear nothing new. I'm glad we're all different :D[/quote]

of course there are some new bits in it. But overall, nearly the same. But this was the first time I heard the cd, next days it will be in my car, and I will hear it then frequently, maybe i will change my opinion tehn. :lol:
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

hansx wrote:
of course there are some new bits in it. But overall, nearly the same. But this was the first time I heard the cd, next days it will be in my car, and I will hear it then frequently, maybe i will change my opinion tehn. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
MrCox

Post by MrCox »

I downloaded the whole album (I never would have bought it on CD, but 7,90 € is a nice price for that package).

All in all it's OK. There are some tracks that are almost (if not entirely) the same as previously released versions (Logos Blue, Desert T. Dream, Pergamon Sphere, to some extend Beach Theme). I could do without these tracks.
Others however are simply stunning: Southpole Crossing, Alchemy Of The Heart II, Convention Of The 24, Ride On A Ray, Logos Velvet, Sphinx Red Lightning are my favourites. Together with nice versions of Challengers Arrival and Loved By The Sun the album delivers enough material to satisfy every TD fan. :)
On most tracks I just don't see how the concept adds anything special to TD's compositions. I think it really doesn't matter that much who played what as long as the compositions are good (and mostly they're excellent). And as most tracks are performed by Edgar Froese or Thorsten Quaeschning anyway, I'd rather count it as a remix album than a "covers album" as it may have been intended.

The album is not bad at all, but it somehow feels unnecessary. It's a kind of bonus album for die-hard fans with new versions of old compositions, but that's about it. I like the album, but I doubt TD should produce more of its kind. (I'd rate it around 6-7/10 by the way. :) )
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)

Post by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) »

MrCox wrote:I downloaded the whole album (I never would have bought it on CD, but 7,90 € is a nice price for that package).

All in all it's OK. There are some tracks that are almost (if not entirely) the same as previously released versions (Logos Blue, Desert T. Dream, Pergamon Sphere, to some extend Beach Theme). I could do without these tracks.
Others however are simply stunning: Southpole Crossing, Alchemy Of The Heart II, Convention Of The 24, Ride On A Ray, Logos Velvet, Sphinx Red Lightning are my favourites. Together with nice versions of Challengers Arrival and Loved By The Sun the album delivers enough material to satisfy every TD fan. :)
On most tracks I just don't see how the concept adds anything special to TD's compositions. I think it really doesn't matter that much who played what as long as the compositions are good (and mostly they're excellent). And as most tracks are performed by Edgar Froese or Thorsten Quaeschning anyway, I'd rather count it as a remix album than a "covers album" as it may have been intended.

The album is not bad at all, but it somehow feels unnecessary. It's a kind of bonus album for die-hard fans with new versions of old compositions, but that's about it. I like the album, but I doubt TD should produce more of its kind. (I'd rate it around 6-7/10 by the way. :) )
BIG SIGH...You Guys always FORGET that our big planet EARTH isn't
mainly occupied by a "special tribal" called DIEHARD FANS!!!!!
There are millions of other earthlings who maybe could be interested in a release like TD PLAYS TD!!! Don't you think so????
Why always thinking UNIDIMENSIONAL ??? :wink:
Regards,
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ALBERT EINSTEIN
hansx

Post by hansx »

Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote:
MrCox wrote:I downloaded the whole album (I never would have bought it on CD, but 7,90 € is a nice price for that package).

BIG SIGH...You Guys always FORGET that our big planet EARTH isn't
mainly occupied by a "special tribal" called DIEHARD FANS!!!!!
There are millions of other earthlings who maybe could be interested in a release like TD PLAYS TD!!! Don't you think so????
Why always thinking UNIDIMENSIONAL ??? :wink:
Regards,
But mr. Einstein, we didn't say we don't like this album, I do and as far as I can read the other die hards also do. But we wonder why on earth another sampler, as there are already dozens. Especially the three boxes are great and for the beginners maybe the best way to discover TD.