What's your favourite solo album by Edgar Froese?

Desert_Voyager
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Chris Monk wrote:
sparrow wrote:
Jon wrote:I have 3 albums, Stuntman, Kamikaze 1989 and Beyond The Storm.

I guess I have to put BTS on top, although it's of course a compilation.

Mostly, I think Edgar's solo work is less interesting than TD though.
Wouldn't say it was less interesting as Edgar only has a handful of albums but TD have loads.
Not less interesting for me either but definitely different, may be more experimental... errr... possibly.
Edgar's albums are as inspiring as any TD album for me. Stuntman is as complex as any TD album. Aqua and Epsilon are the amongst most experimental of all electronic albums.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
sparrow wrote: Wouldn't say it was less interesting as Edgar only has a handful of albums but TD have loads.
Not less interesting for me either but definitely different, may be more experimental... errr... possibly.
Edgar's albums are as inspiring as any TD album for me. Stuntman is as complex as any TD album. Aqua and Epsilon are the amongst most experimental of all electronic albums.
Totally agree. I only put the "possibly" in there because they'll always be someone who thinks the opposite. :wink:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
sparrow wrote: Wouldn't say it was less interesting as Edgar only has a handful of albums but TD have loads.
I love Stuntman,!!! :D
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
Erik

Post by Erik »

anything Edgar does on his own is perfectly on par with TD, when comparing the right eras of their catalogue.
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Erik wrote:anything Edgar does on his own is perfectly on par with TD, when comparing the right eras of their catalogue.
I always thought Epsilon in Malaysian Pale and Rubycon went well together.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Chris Monk wrote:
Erik wrote:anything Edgar does on his own is perfectly on par with TD, when comparing the right eras of their catalogue.
I always thought Epsilon in Malaysian Pale and Rubycon went well together.
Yeah..I would call them sister albums.
har

Post by har »

I really love all the EF solo's I have. My fave might be Mac Transfer.

Or possibly Stuntman............or.....................
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Ages. I play Ages more than any other EF solo albums. EinMP & Stuntman & Pinnacle are a close second.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

Epsilon is a great album to put on late at night, I have the re-recorded version released by eastgate a few years ago.
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
mikewp

Post by mikewp »

For me , Stuntman is an absolutely brilliant album and on a par with the best of TD's output. Epsilon and Macula Transfer are close. But Stuntman has such beautiful, rich and exotic textures...a sublime effort start to finish
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

Epsilon In Malaysian Pale (orig.version) a classic album by all accounts.
TD Eye

Post by TD Eye »

errr... I would go for Summer In Nagasaki :shock: :D
Members and non-members only please.
rigel

Post by rigel »

The sublime, experimental STUNTMAN, by a long chalk. The others all have their moments, original versions, obviously.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

tdream4ever wrote:Ages. I play Ages more than any other EF solo albums. EinMP & Stuntman & Pinnacle are a close second.
I love Ages. It's a great album.
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

I love most of "Stuntman" and "Epsilon In Malaysian Pale" (I prefer the original version to the recent reworked version) and the first side of "Epsilon in Malaysian Pale" especially, is a masterpiece.
I'd say I love them both as much.

I've always had a soft spot for Edgar's solo albums, except maybe "Macula Transfer" and "Kamikaze 1989" which are pretty average - in my humble opinion