What film soundtrack would you like TD to cover?

Marakesh
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

What film soundtrack would you like TD to cover?

Post by Marakesh »

My choice would be 2001: A Space Odyssey. Some of Force Majeure, Logos, and Tangram would be perfect for it. Of course, I loved the original soundtrack.

What's yours?
"Their chief failings in social competence are an inability to perceive themselves accurately and annoying others by their dominance and unsuitable jokes."

Michael Argyle
Jon

Post by Jon »

I don't want them to cover anything, to be honest.

I want them to start writing film scores again, and not just TALK about it. :x
har

Post by har »

It's ages since I watched 2001, and I'm talking decades possibly, so I just ordered it there 8)

Off the top of my head, recent film - Inception maybe.

Old ones - Donnie Darko , The Shining, Alien ...............dark disturbing films more suited imo.

On soundtracks, anyone watched/heard - 28 Days/Weeks Later, disturbing films :? superb soundtracks 8)
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

har wrote:On soundtracks, anyone watched/heard - 28 Days/Weeks Later, disturbing films :? superb soundtracks 8)
Yes, I have 28 Weeks Later. Seen it twice. The second time mostly because of the brilliant soundtrack. :-)
phaedra1974

Post by phaedra1974 »

I would like to hear the music of "Once upon a time in the west".
ant

Post by ant »

:) Wouldn't want them to cover film soundtracks but wouldn't mind them doing their versions to show how it might have been if they had been asked to score them. One I think they would have been fantastic on is The Exorcist. :)
Biggus Dickus
har

Post by har »

The Exorcist is a good shout.

Insvims wrote:
har wrote:On soundtracks, anyone watched/heard - 28 Days/Weeks Later, disturbing films :? superb soundtracks 8)
Yes, I have 28 Weeks Later. Seen it twice. The second time mostly because of the brilliant soundtrack. :-)
Music is superb, might watch these two this week :? :? :?. Worried about it already :wink:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

ant wrote::) Wouldn't want them to cover film soundtracks but wouldn't mind them doing their versions to show how it might have been if they had been asked to score them. One I think they would have been fantastic on is The Exorcist. :)
You beat me to it. My thoughts were the same on this, see what films would have been like if TD had done the score. What about Blade Runner ? Some might say that the Vangelis soundtrack can't be bettered.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:What about Blade Runner ? Some might say that the Vangelis soundtrack can't be bettered.
If you're going to top an old soundtrack then you might as well try the best. Mighty tall order though. Same for 2001.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Erik

Post by Erik »

nothing can replace blade runner blues
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Erik wrote:nothing can replace blade runner blues
how about caleb's blues :?: :wink:
Jon

Post by Jon »

Yes, John Murphy is an interesting composer. I liked what he did for the Miami Vice movie too.
mikewp

Post by mikewp »

I'd loved to have heard what TD would have done on Michael Mann's HEAT - watching the movie in fact it feels the movie may have been temp tracked with TD before Goldenthal scored it -

I love the brilliant crime drama , but the existing score is fine but never really captured me - a Tangerine Dream score would have been sublime on the movie
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I was reading an interview with Trent Reznor who's just done the soundtrack to The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and apparently the director, David Fincher, wanted something like Tangerine Dream or Vangelis.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Chris Monk wrote:I was reading an interview with Trent Reznor who's just done the soundtrack to The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and apparently the director, David Fincher, wanted something like Tangerine Dream or Vangelis.
think that was the case with The Social Network also