Sorcerer & Green Desert on Esotoric!

NAVEL OF LIGHT
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Sorcerer & Green Desert on Esotoric!

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

I have it on good authority that Sorcerer And Green Desert are due a re-release via Esotoric!
Whoopysnorp

Post by Whoopysnorp »

I wonder if they will contain extra tracks in case they get a release. As for "Green desert", it would be nice to listen to the original 1973 recording and not the overdubbed version which first came out in 1984.
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

I'd like to see Out-Of-Print CDs re-released instead of these easily found items.

How about Legend re-release?
Erik

Post by Erik »

Whoopysnorp wrote:I wonder if they will contain extra tracks in case they get a release. As for "Green desert", it would be nice to listen to the original 1973 recording and not the overdubbed version which first came out in 1984.
that would easily make it into a "top ten TD release fantasies" for me. hell it might even be number 1.
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Chris Monk

Re: Sorcerer & Green Desert on Esotoric!

Post by Chris Monk »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:I have it on good authority that Sorcerer And Green Desert are due a re-release via Esotoric!
I wonder if we'll get to hear some of the music handed over to William Friedkin that didn't make the original release. That would be cool.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

As for "Green desert", it would be nice to listen to the original 1973 recording and not the overdubbed version which first came out in 1984.
I wonder if we'll get to hear some of the music handed over to William Friedkin that didn't make the original release. That would be cool.
Whilst these 2 are very good ideas, I suspect that all we'll get is a straight re-issue of the original CDs.... :(

I stand by to be pleasantly proved wrong however :wink:

Are you listening, Esoteric :?:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
As for "Green desert", it would be nice to listen to the original 1973 recording and not the overdubbed version which first came out in 1984.
Whilst these 2 are very good ideas, I suspect that all we'll get is a straight re-issue of the original CDs.... :(

I stand by to be pleasantly proved wrong however :wink:

Are you listening, Esoteric :?:
Exactly!!!

Come on Esoteric. :wink:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
goozer

Post by goozer »

Well, instead of asking Esoteric, why don't you ask the band if they provided the unmixed fragments for Green Desert or the master copy of the Sorcerer reel to the label? After all, unless that's the case, then the list of licensed tracks that was posted elsewhere earlier will be the extent of the Esoteric catalogue. :roll:

goozer 8)
Those who believe that the world is made up of shades of grey have been staring at the line between black & white for so long that their vision has become blurred. - HG
http://soundcloud.com/dementia-ranger
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

goozer wrote:Well, instead of asking Esoteric, why don't you ask the band if they provided the unmixed fragments for Green Desert or the master copy of the Sorcerer reel to the label? After all, unless that's the case, then the list of licensed tracks that was posted elsewhere earlier will be the extent of the Esoteric catalogue. :roll:

goozer 8)
Guess we'll know when details of these releases are ....errr ....released.

Not holding my breath. I suspect the worst.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Especially Green Desert should be welcome with extra tracks. But Sorcerer also. Guess I will buy them.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Looks like there wont be any extras so I will probably skip these releases.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Yeah...this from CDS

TANGERINE DREAM: GREEN DESERT (2011 Remaster / Slipcase - Stock # T1472789) Normally CD £13.99 - Ltd New Release Offer CD £11.99
2011 Remastered edition of TANGERINE DREAM's classic 1973 recording: 'Green Desert'. Of all the TANGERINE DREAM albums, 'Green Desert' took over a decade from its initial recording sessions to completion. The project began life in August 1973 at a session in Skyline Studio in Berlin. Locked away in Edgar Froese's personal archive for many years, in 1984 the recordings were remixed with additional recordings at Eastgate Studio in Vienna, finally appearing in 1986. This Esoteric/Reactive edition has been Remastered and includes a Lavishly Illustrated Booklet with New Essay, Restored Artwork and Extensive Liner Notes.
Track List:
01. Green Desert
02. White Clouds
03. Astral Voyager
04. Indian Summer

TANGERINE DREAM: SORCERER (2011 Remaster / Slipcase - Stock # T1472790) Normally CD £13.99 - Ltd New Release Offer CD £11.99
2011 Remastered edition of TANGERINE DREAM's classic 1976 soundtrack to the legendary film 'Sorcerer', directed by William Friedkin. A remake of the 1953 film: 'Wages Of Fear', TD members Edgar Froese, Christopher Franke and Peter Baumann composed a stunning electronic score that perfectly accompanied Friedkin's imagery and was the band's first commission for a Hollywood movie.
This Esoteric/Reactive edition has been Remastered and includes a Lavishly Illustrated Booklet with New Essay, Restored Artwork and Extensive Liner Notes.
Track List:
01. Main Title
02. Search
03. The Call
04. Creation
05. Vengeance
06. Journey
07. Grind
08. Rain Forest
09. Abyss
10. Mountain Road
11. Impressions Of Sorcerer
12. Betrayal [Sorcerer theme]

Absolutely NOTHING extra........ :(
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:Yeah...this from CDS

TANGERINE DREAM: GREEN DESERT (2011 Remaster / Slipcase - Stock # T1472789) Normally CD £13.99 - Ltd New Release Offer CD £11.99
2011 Remastered edition of TANGERINE DREAM's classic 1973 recording: 'Green Desert'. Of all the TANGERINE DREAM albums, 'Green Desert' took over a decade from its initial recording sessions to completion. The project began life in August 1973 at a session in Skyline Studio in Berlin. Locked away in Edgar Froese's personal archive for many years, in 1984 the recordings were remixed with additional recordings at Eastgate Studio in Vienna, finally appearing in 1986. This Esoteric/Reactive edition has been Remastered and includes a Lavishly Illustrated Booklet with New Essay, Restored Artwork and Extensive Liner Notes.
Track List:
01. Green Desert
02. White Clouds
03. Astral Voyager
04. Indian Summer

TANGERINE DREAM: SORCERER (2011 Remaster / Slipcase - Stock # T1472790) Normally CD £13.99 - Ltd New Release Offer CD £11.99
2011 Remastered edition of TANGERINE DREAM's classic 1976 soundtrack to the legendary film 'Sorcerer', directed by William Friedkin. A remake of the 1953 film: 'Wages Of Fear', TD members Edgar Froese, Christopher Franke and Peter Baumann composed a stunning electronic score that perfectly accompanied Friedkin's imagery and was the band's first commission for a Hollywood movie.
This Esoteric/Reactive edition has been Remastered and includes a Lavishly Illustrated Booklet with New Essay, Restored Artwork and Extensive Liner Notes.
Track List:
01. Main Title
02. Search
03. The Call
04. Creation
05. Vengeance
06. Journey
07. Grind
08. Rain Forest
09. Abyss
10. Mountain Road

Shame.

Won't be bothering with these. The liner notes would have to be awesome to make it worth my while.
Flashpoint

Post by Flashpoint »

Chris Monk wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:Yeah...this from CDS

Track List:
01. Green Desert
02. White Clouds
03. Astral Voyager
04. Indian Summer

Track List:
01. Main Title
02. Search
03. The Call
04. Creation
05. Vengeance
06. Journey
07. Grind
08. Rain Forest
09. Abyss
10. Mountain Road

Shame.

Won't be bothering with these. The liner notes would have to be awesome to make it worth my while.
There are other way to get copies of liner notes :wink:
har

Post by har »

Very disappointing there is no extra stuff. Would have gone for both if there had been similar additional stuff to Atem Zeit and AC.