Sorcerer & Green Desert on Esotoric!

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Chris Monk »

har wrote:Very disappointing there is no extra stuff. Would have gone for both if there had been similar additional stuff to Atem Zeit and AC.
Ditto.

A few live tracks from the same period would have been great. I guess there was nothing available.

There are rumours that TD handed over way more music to William Friedkin than appeared on the Sorcerer album or in the film, shame none of this was available.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
hansx

Post by hansx »

Chris Monk wrote:
har wrote:Very disappointing there is no extra stuff. Would have gone for both if there had been similar additional stuff to Atem Zeit and AC.
Ditto.

A few live tracks from the same period would have been great. I guess there was nothing available.

There are rumours that TD handed over way more music to William Friedkin than appeared on the Sorcerer album or in the film, shame none of this was available.
pity, not worth buying then.
Flashpoint

Post by Flashpoint »

hansx wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Ditto.

You are correct Sir!
hansx

Post by hansx »

Flashpoint wrote:
hansx wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Ditto.

You are correct Sir!
Always. :D
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

i had yet another listen to sorcerer recently (vinyl). one of the great e.m. albums :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

bigmoog wrote:i had yet another listen to sorcerer recently (vinyl). one of the great e.m. albums :D
Copy that BM :P
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

i will definitely buy the esoteric reissue. im not concerned if the music is not 'remastered' from the 'original' mastertape. :P
Marakesh

Post by Marakesh »

I haven't ordered the esoteric reissues yet, but I would like to get them as I believe that they are incredible productions :) :)
"Their chief failings in social competence are an inability to perceive themselves accurately and annoying others by their dominance and unsuitable jokes."

Michael Argyle
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

bigmoog wrote:i will definitely buy the esoteric reissue. im not concerned if the music is not 'remastered' from the 'original' mastertape. :P

considering that the MCA master tapes must either be in the hands of mr franke or Universal Music or whoever or indeed gone for good, I just cant see how we can ever get a real quality reissue (musically). The original vinyl sounds a little murky but is still pretty good. the mca/spectrum cd i have flattens the music somewhat. I hope that esoteric can do a good clean transfer from whatever source - the music deserves to be heard in its entire brilliance. and the accompanying booklets are always a special treat. :wink:

as a 'collector' i certainly wont be 'having a go' at TD or edgar for any (perceived) shortcomings of the esoteric releases. :arrow:
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

I highly recommend Sorcerer & Green Desert on Esotoric 8)
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
bigmoog

Re: Sorcerer & Green Desert on Esotoric!

Post by bigmoog »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:I have it on good authority that Sorcerer And Green Desert are due a re-release via Esotoric!

end of november .... and its esoteric :D :D
Flashpoint

Post by Flashpoint »

bigmoog wrote:i will definitely buy the esoteric reissue. im not concerned if the music is not 'remastered' from the 'original' mastertape. :P

If they are not better than CD's one already owns then why spend the money?
There have been many Green Dessert issues that can be purchases for little money and by your own admission they may even sound better than Esoteric's re-issue. The MCA Sorcerer was made from original tapes almost 20 years ago when they were in nice shape and sounds amazing.

Guess if money is not a problem then fine otherwise I do not understand why to get Esoteric any more. Do you like dull, lifeless, un-involving CD's? If it's just for the nicer liner notes that is fine - wish I had money to buy them for just that and the nice pictures.
Last edited by Flashpoint on Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Flashpoint wrote:

If they are not better than CD's one already owns then why spend the money?
There have been many Green Dessert issues that can be purchases for little money and by your own admission they may even sound better than Esoteric's re-issue. The MCA Sorcerer was made from original tapes almost 20 years ago when they were in nice shape and sounds amazing.

Guess if money is not a problem then fine otherwise I do not understand why to get Esoteric any more. Do you like dull, lifeless, involving CD's? If it's just for the nicer liner notes that is fine - wish I had money to buy them for just that and the nice pictures.

im getting the esoteric edition for the booklet.

i do see your point.

the original vinyl is my favourite and the music is always fantastic
Marakesh

Post by Marakesh »

Sorcerer & Green Desert on Esotoric present a golden opportunity to get excellent booklets for a very good deal 8)
"Their chief failings in social competence are an inability to perceive themselves accurately and annoying others by their dominance and unsuitable jokes."

Michael Argyle
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

The booklets are very informative,and I like them. The music from sorcerer has to be one of the greatest soundtracks ever, incredible 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.